Friday, December 28, 2012

Come On In, The Water's Fine. I've Only Urinated In Here Once.

You remember the big family Christmas gift we were getting this year, don'tcha? Lemme refresh your memory.

 Rhymes with "Flot Snub".  

I feel like such a butt munch.  Took the hubs his entire Saturday, in the freezing cold garage, climbing in and out of the attic, to finish all the wiring for this bad boy.



And here it is!  Delivery day!  Jump in-- the water is a balmy 42 degrees.  Aahhhh

What makes me even more butt munchy, is that our neighbor across the street, totally hooked us up.  He's a main man at BullFrog, and wowie wow wow, we got the best deal, he was sooo good to us, and he even delivered on a Saturday.  We can't thank him enough.

If we were cool, patient, exciting parents, we'd have kept this whole thing a secret, and our first time taking a dip would have been Christmas morning.  And we'd have come outside and it would have had this ginormous bow on top of it.

But we're not cool or exciting, and we're obviously not very secretive.  So we were taking a dip the entire week up to Christmas.

But I did get all my kids robes as Christmas gifts just for the Flot Snub, so there's that.

 

Any questions on the weather in our neck of the woods?  I think it didn't snow like one of the days last week.  I think.

Fact: we picked out a 6 person hot tub, 'cause that would be lame to not be able to fit the whole fam dam, and we're too cheap to spend more $$ on a bigger one.



Fact: I've popped in here once a day, if not twice a day ever since.  We're trying to break this bad boy in the right way!

Perhaps I have a semi-permament slight chlorine-y smell to my skin. Don't tell me if I do.

 

Fact: told my kids,
"You do not pee in here! If you pee, I will know it the next time I check the water conditions! There is no escaping me!"



And finally,
my house is a cesspool of drying towels and swimsuits. It's a minor problem.



Plans are formulating in the noggin' for some sort of awesome indoor and outdoor swimsuit/towel hook/rack thingy. I'm thinkin'.

Question!

What's your personal opinion on taking a dip in za nude?  Is this my right as a hot tub owner?  I think it is.

12 comments:

Camille said...

That is an awesome family gift!! I might have to remember this one next year. Although in the south the number of cool evenings are fewer. As for hot tubbin' in za nude, it's your hot tub in your yard as long as you won't be flashin the neighbs.

Cindy said...

My flot snub suit is a tank top and underwear... Looks like a tankini but is cheaper and gets washed anyway! My neighbors are too nosey for nude swimming, but if they aren't home I'd do it! I need more drying rack space in my tight laundry room so I'd love to see what you come up with!

Cindy said...

My flot snub suit is a tank top and underwear... Looks like a tankini but is cheaper and gets washed anyway! My neighbors are too nosey for nude swimming, but if they aren't home I'd do it! I need more drying rack space in my tight laundry room so I'd love to see what you come up with!

Stephanie said...

That's an awesome flot snub, Mandi! We (forced hubs into) got a new 24' pool last year so hoping in the next couple of years we'll add a hot tub to the mix. ;) I had one once long ago and LOVED running thru the cold air of winter to jump into the hot water...ahhh.

Angela said...

Nice. Jealous.

Mandy Beyeler said...

I've been wanting to make something like this.... http://www.etsy.com/listing/45926548/8-bar-tranquility-towel-rack?ref=v1_other_1
I'm sure you'd make it even awesomer

SueAnn Lommler said...

We have a hot tub in our enclosed patio...we do not wear suits!! Ha!
Don't tell anyone.
Hugs
SueAnn

Michelle Wilkes said...

Hey, it's a TUB, isn't it? I've never worn clothes in my own tub... who cares that it's inside my house. Just make sure you don't have any outside lights on...
Which does remind me that my parents have a sauna in their house, and when the snow was deep, we went streaking out into the back yard from the sauna... only 1 of our 5 neighbors that we shared a fence with ever said anything...

Michelle Lunt said...

Ha ha - chuckling while reading your blog {as usual}. This reminds me of an occasion where we first moved into our home & we met our neighbors behind us. Our back windows overlook their back yard. When I met them at church & they figured out which house we bought, the hubby turned to his wife & said, "I guess that's the end of our nude dips in the hot tub!". TMI! Ha ha. Happy new year to one of my favorite bloggers!

Warmly, Michelle
Faith, Trust & Pixie Dust

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

Very cool hot tub! Yes, it is totally your right as a hot tub owner to just hop in. We do. The hot tub is right outside our master bath and we don't have neighbors. So why not? And I never have wet swimsuits to shift around when I want to take an actual bath in my actual bathtub.

Emily said...

This is the coolest idea! I bet your family is enjoying this so much!!

shizzknits said...

Our hot tub is in our backyard but no one can see in so we only wear suits if a guest is dipping with us...otherwise it's nekkid booties galore! There's no reason to wear a suit IMO...BTW we have had our tub for over 5 years and hubby and I still use it at least 4-5x a week. The kiddos less often, but it has been a wonderful way to connect and chat without distraction!