Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I highly recommend it.

You might recall a time, not long ago, when I asked you to pick a dress for me.

See, the hubs and I were having our pictures taken.

There were three reasons for this.

1- we've been married 10 years.
2- we've been married 10 years. And we have like 10 craptastic pictures to show for it.

and finally,

Joanna at Joanna Taylor Photography posted this lovely post on her grandparents, and when I saw the picture and read her post, I was all,

"yeah. We need some pictures of us. Good ones. Ones our grandkids will look at and go 'Oh that's gramma before she was really really fat and crazy!'"


And I am tellin' you, I was sceered about these pictures. I mean, like lose sleep, fret and bite my fingernails, worried. We're super nerds in front of the camera.

Su.per.Nerdzzz.zuh.


But thanks to Joanna, she did her best with us (and the quality is fantastic while the subjects may not be),

and we could definitely look worse. (Dude, all that time in front of the mirror with the straight iron was for naught??)
And as I relayed my total freak out about my photographic nerdyness to a friend, she said something along the lines of,

"But if something happened to either of you, you'd treasure those pictures."


And that's exactly why we did it, my friend.

23 comments:

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

Gorgeous pictures! I hope they make it up to a wall somewhere...took me more than a year to finally get wedding ones up of us:)

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Oh, the one of you laughing on the grass is my absolute favorite. In big loving ways.

Emily said...

I love these pictures of you guys. You look so cute and happy. Me and Dave need to get on it and have some done.

dena4kids said...

Those are great Mandi! so nice! I need to get some taken of me and Nathan.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Love the last one!

kristalucasphotography said...

i.love.them. great outfit choices too!!

Jessie said...

Mandi, they are AMAZING! What a great idea! You guys look great, and the last one is my absolute favorite (you don't look a day older than 21!!!).

Thanks for sharing! What lovebirds you are!

chris w said...

They are beautiful. You chose well. (hubby and clothes) ;)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

You are so right! I am going to do this in Oct. I love fall leaves and hope to get them taken outside. We take so many of the kids but really we need to have them of us as a couple too. Not just when we get married. Love yours. They turned out so neat.
Brooke

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

what a great idea! and GORGEOUS photos! You my friend, are BE U T FUL!

gina3 said...

Oh how fun and what a great couple you both seem to be. My favorite would be the last one if only we could see your hubs eyes too. Your grandkids will love these.

Sue said...

Beautiful pictures and so great that they show the love in your eyes. I shoulda done this with my ol' bloke 30 years ago before we both got so wrinkly!

WhettenWild said...

They turned out super cute =)

Rebecca D said...

Wow....

Dede said...

I went to high school with Joanna...she really knows her stuff and is GOOD. Although it helps to have such a fantastic looking couple too!

Mandi said...

Mandi! These turned out awesome! My favorites (in case you wanted to know) are the bottom one and the one of you laughing. She is super talented!!

love your guts
mandi

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

How did I miss this post???? You are sooooo pretty. What a good thing to do. I wish I had done the same.

Tempest Ahoy said...

These are unbelieably lovely. I like the one in the sun under the tree. So much Awwwwww power.

Teri said...

Wow, Mandi. Just, wow. You are a beautiful couple, and your photos are incredible!

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh honey these are the sweetest pictures and you can so see the love between you! We haven't had pics since our wedding and even those sucked! I'm not kidding! So I guess you are the Queen of fantastic pictures and I am the Queen of Halloween! We all are good at something!

Love ya,
Meg

homespun1 said...

These pictures are stunning...both of you are just beautiful!!!! realy!!!!! your babies will cherish these I promise!!!!

Audra said...

Simply divine! Breath taking...

Anny said...

These are all sweet but the last is amazing :)