Sunday, January 10, 2010

All dressed up with no place to go.

Gettin' ready for church's an ordeal over here. I mean, an ordeal. 'Specially when I'm doing it by myself for early church.

So when the power went out at 8:00 am this morning, I just kept getting ready. We were ready to be out the door at 8:45, bagels in hand. I's even ready to pull the garage door up (and down) without the power. And that's when people came by, door to door, to say church was canceled.

Canceled?
Hmm. It took me at least an hour last night to prepare for this morning (socks, pants, shoes, check! Diapers, wipes, coloring books, check!). I am a frrrrreak about being on time. Not early, not late. It's part of my mental situation.

Well, there's only one thing left to do.

Photo shoot!


(I believe my daughter's bow is a tad askew)



Doesn't it seem as if John's giving Jace a "peephole" to see out of? Hehehehe. . .

Oh, come on-- can we take a picture without some blubbering?

Apparently not. I tried.

Oh, and you know as soon as they canceled church, the power came back on. Game on, brothers and sisters, game on.

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is the cutest little dress. Where did you get it?? I like the bow, and she keeps it on, Bella rips hers off as soon as I put one in.

Jessie said...

Way to be, Momma! I struggle getting 2 ready for church with the help of the husband.

The pics are adorable! I think you adapted nicely.

chris w said...

The photo shoot really was your only option. You can't have kids all cuted up then be left hanging.

You are amazing that you were up and ready with 3 on your own. I'd be the one blubbering!

WhettenWild said...

My boys are wearing those sweaters today =)

Cute pictures!

Anny said...

Even with the blubbering these pictures are incredibly cute :)

dena4kids said...

I love the pics! The boys look so cute, and I just want to hold sweet little McKenna! She is such a cutie!!!!!

FMD said...

Waaaouh !
The pictures are very very very very very beautiful and the quality of picture is ... PERFECT !


yOUR FAMILY IS SO CUUUTE !