Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's one of those things

for me, where it totally frazzles my brain, but I'm so glad we got er done, everyone could come, and somehow it all came out okay.

I'm talking about Mckenna's blessing of course, 'cause cooking + cleaning is a lot for me to handle. It's like, you're cleaning everything spotless, and then you start cookin' so you can clean it all up again. What is that?

Ya know, once food is starting to be partaken of, it doesn't look so pretty, does it?

I assure you, it was all delicious.

The chicken salad croissant sandwiches were all -ahem- made from scratch. Cough cough.

'Cause that's the kinda cook, nay, chef, I am.

I want you to know that my aunt told me it's rude to take pictures of people with food in their mouths.

I don't know what to say. I was born in a barn.



I also want you to know,

that I didn't hear a word of that blessing.

Not. One. Word.
From posts6

Actually, that's not true. I heard "will be Mckenna Tremayne".
That's it, folks.

And that's 'cause I was holding someone else's baby, and when all the men got up, Johnny followed em out and acted like he owned the place and proceeded to take his book around to any ole Joe who'd read it to him in the congregation.

I was sorta distracted. I'm sure it was good though.

This bib came in handy 'cause Mckenna just spewed down the front of it. I ran up to get a burp rag,

and stopped to take a picture from upstairs. Then I realized how rude this is with a dripping baby. Did I mention I was born in a barn?

3 comments:

dena4kids said...

LOL! (raised in a barn...heehee) I LOVE her dress!(You have such good taste inspite of your raising!=)

WhettenWild said...

She looks so cute! I'm glad it went well!

Jen R. said...

What a sweetie! Do tell the barn story....