Sunday, May 30, 2010

Kiss your mother with that mouth?

Welcome to this week's edition of . . .
The Week In Pictures.
Except today I should be calling it Week In Pictures/Video. Because there's no way a picture can 'splain this lil diddy.
The words:
Frog. Fork. Truck.

What do they all have in common you ask? Nothing, really, except that my little Ron John pronounces them all the same way. And he yells them at every opportunity. In the house, car, church, grocery store. . .
nowhere is safe.

There's no need to waste your time with 23 seconds of this video. The first 5 will send the message.

*WARNING: this is not for sensitive ears.*

I'm not going to talk about how my brother taught him to say "Dump" (pronounced "dumb") "Truck". Shame on you, Britton.


Attempts to sit a 9 month old in a chair for a picture

means said baby attempting to throw themselves off.

'Cause she's now a crawler, and she can book it. Or,

as my mother would say to a mother with a crawler: "your life is over."

We've got a vampire in our family.

Team Jamison.


"She's coming, she's coming! Get in bed!" (elephant stampede, squeals)
(highly anticipated breakfast in bed)
Crazy brow close ups.

He slept in "the box"

all night long.

He played nick jr in "the box".

Why the heck do I buy toys? Ever?

Few things scream "in the parenthood" more than a kindergarten program, and a smiling mom, snapping pics.

Am I right or am I right? (pssst: dead center, yellow argyle vest)

And finally, I pick up my camera, my kid poops. That's how it goes.

And that's my defense when I'm in trouble down the road.

14 comments:

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Once after I hit my thumb with a hammer in the two-year-old's hearing and screamed obscenities, I had to have a very ernest sit-down with said two-year-old and explain that regardless of what *I* had screamed after hitting my thumb with the hammer, that he was not to run around in circles screaming that word at the top of his lungs.

It went about as well as you can imagine.

And I want to chew on those rolly poly feet...cause they are THAT adorable!

chris w said...

What we have here is a failure to enunciate. ;)
We had that same little problem.
I'm still laughing at the pooping picture. Awe-some.

Teri said...

Ha! Definitely Team Jamison. Had to keep reading, so I'm off to watch the video...

Teri said...

A) Video is awesome.
B) Awesomeness of video is only seconded by the awesomeness of that Bob Ross button.

gina3 said...

As an SLP, had the video figured out before I played it. I was laughing from first hint of your post. Pooping pic brings back memories. Our little one did that first thing when we started filming for his first birthday. I'm on Team Jamison!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Love the pics. My son use to sit in a box and watch tv. He did it for like a month. Never slept in one though. Too funny.

Carisa Knox said...

It feels like my life mirrors yours in so many ways! Thanks for the week in pictures and the full on belly laughs!!!

WhettenWild said...

Love Jamison sleeping in the box. I can't believe he stayed there. That is so funny!

Layne Bushell said...

So maybe it's because I speak a foreign language that is tonal. I can hear an "r" in there. He is really saying fruck...really....!

Audra said...

My sides hurt from laughing.My son Noah didn't prounounce t's or F's. They were all R's. Sounded like Scooby Doo when he spoke!

I am so on Team Jamison! I wanna wear a t-shirt to the triple showing of Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse movies that says "Proud Member of Team Jamison" and see who asks me about the new character!

Love the box. My son did the same thing. He would live in the box for weeks on end.

Your baby girl...too precious. Love the grunting picture!

Sue said...

I hope you're gonna have that pooping pic enlarged and framed for her 21st birthday!

Emily said...

I love the video, and I love that Jamison slept and played in the box. They are the best toys, I agree why do we buy them the toys when they really just want the boxes.

littlebeachbum said...

Oh my gosh. The pooping pic = HYSTERICAL. Love that face. I seriously can't stop laughing at this post - there is just too much hilarity going on here. I don't know how you ever can keep a straight face!

dena4kids said...

That is all I am getting my kids for Christmas...boxes.=)
Love the pics, and the video of Johhny!=)
Miss ya!