Thursday, October 17, 2013

On A Sidenote,

Check out Somerset Home's wickerlicious August issue:
 
 
Guess what's inside?
 
Boomshakalaka.
 
 
(look Layne, it's your handwriting!)
 
First time I've ever had a project in a real, hold-in-your-hands mag.
 
And in honor of this, and since I've had a lot of questions about this, and it involves moulding,
 
let us revisit this.
 
It is as simple as it looks.  Took the cabinet door off on a cold, dark winter night, taped 'er off,
 
 
 
pained with chalkboard paint,
 
 
requested a friend with fantastic handwriting come over nowNowNOW to write on this for me, and thankfully she's still my friend after that,
 
and here's where the moulding comes in.  Moulding's my friend.
 
 
And it can be your friend, too.  This is just scraps of chair rail I had hanging around.  I have it everywhere-- on the gallery shelves that hold my pictures up,
 
 
my new silhouette dealy-o,
 
 
it's about to go on the ceiling. . .
 
everywhere.  Chair rail: it's not just for walls anymore.
 
Anywho, back to this.
 
I attached my moulding with small brad nails and the nailgun.  But ya know what?
 
 
 
Just use heavy duty double-sided tape.  That's all it takes, folks.  Easy on, easy off.
 
And finally, I'd also like to add:
 
this is my bestest, most magazine worthy project??  Really??

7 comments:

Jessie said...

That's AWESOME! Congrats! I actually see your large photobootish picture strips pinned all.the.time. I vote that is pretty amazing! I need to hire you.

-Lisa said...

I just fell more and more in love with you!!!
Fondly-Lisa

Lori said...

Woowhooooo, you are so popular! And Smart!

cheltenhamroad said...

Well that is just awesome! (both the magazine and the project which, somehow I hadn't seen before).
Congrats!
David

cheltenhamroad said...

Well that is just awesome! (both the magazine and the project which, somehow I hadn't seen before).
Congrats!
David

Kimbo West said...

can i have your autograph???? congrats girl!

Lorilyn Crum said...

I have four words for you: 2 legit 2 quit.