Wednesday, October 9, 2013

No Need To Reinvent The Wheel.

Since I've already done a tutorial on built-ins, I figure no one needs to hear all that again.   In fact,
 
 
I figure it gives me license to talk about whatever the heck I wanna talk about.
 
"Well I have a microphone and you don't.  So YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY DA#$ WORD I HAVE TO SAY!"
 
(name that movie.)
 
I wish we could view these pictures like a flip book.  You know what I mean?  Flip through this fast transformation.  That'd be boss.
 
It always begins with a hole.
 
 
"We're living in sweese cheese with a door."
 
Name that totally awesome movie that I could quote all.day.long.
 
"Ya testin' missiles here or what?"
 
"Yes and it's all very hush hush so forget you saw anything, and forget about a tip."
 
 
"I'd help you with that, but somebody stepped on all my fingers."
 
"Sometimes it amazes me you ever passed the bar."
"I'm sure it does.  You've never passed a bar, in your life."
 
Told ya.
 
 
So it's good to see they used the proper moisture resistant drywall in here. (Nerd.)
 
 
This was the fun part, actually--
 
said it before 'n I'll say it again,
 
 
drywall cutting with a sawzall is sooo bad ace.  Closest most of us will ever get to being Ahnuld.
 
Anyways.  I know!  Let's do some trivia about this project, shall we?
 
 
 
 
Drywall removal and clean up time: 30 minutes
Building and inserting of box: 20 minutes
Moulding application: 20 minutes
Paint and spackle application: Fifty hundred bajillion hours OF PURE TORTURE.
 
And finally, no one talk about my dirty shower.  This is 31 days of moulding, people-- not 31 days of deep cleaning, okay?  It's called priorities.

7 comments:

jill marie said...

I love it! what are your thoughts on moulding on vaulted ceilings? I don't have any flat ceilings in my house, but I love moulding... help!

DressUpNotDown said...

Money Pit :o)

Laura Silva said...

Your posts so make me want to cut a huge giant hole in my wall! I am not sure things work the same here though because I own a manufactured home. Everything about our house is wonky and not normal! Funny about your last little bit - last year I did a 31 days of deep cleaning series. :)

Elisha Albretsen @ Pneumatic Addict Furniture said...

"Ah, Home Crap Home". I like that you mixed it up by throwing in some Wedding Singer too. "Now let's cut the stupid cake because I know the fat guy's gonna have a heart attack if we don't eat again soon."

Samantha said...

Mandi, every day I fall a little more in love with you :)

How do you find things narrow enough to sit on those built ins though? Do you just chop things in half and put the cut edge towards the back?

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

Did I mention caulking and painting are my favorite parts?

S Matherne said...

Did you know.... When you Google "We're living in Swiss cheese with a door.", your blog pops up a bunch of times?

Apparently, you really DO love that movie, because you've quoted it a lot.

But that's okay, we all love that movie....