Monday, July 8, 2013

"I Hope Not Sporadically."

"Sporadically. It means once in a while. Try to use it in a sentence."
 
 
Name that movie.
 


So,
 
my kiddos are in year-round school.  Their summer is like dis big.  Teensy.  Puny. 
 
And if you know me, then you know I am serious about summer.  Seriously serious. 
 


Serious as just finishing up a very important dessert and you can't find your band aid, serious.
 
And so I'm dropping everything.  Can't cut holes in the wall right at this precise moment--
 
"concraptions" will have to wait--
 


because I love thee crap out of my kids.  And I love thee crap outta my nieces and nephews.  And the crap outta summer.  And then when you wrap them all up in this big ball of awesome, I am focused, man.
 
 
Focused.  I mean biz-nis.  (waving my head all up in your face)

Plus, I figure I have 4, maybe 5 tops summers left until my older boys figure out I'm a dork and won't do anything with me anymore. 

Gotta make every one count, y'all.
 
 

And you should also know that I'm serious about picture taking. Seriously serious. Serious as accidentally kicking a gosling right in front of its mother and it's after you with a taste for your blood and you're running for your life, serious.
And that's pretty darned serious.


Not that my picture-taking quality shows I'm serious-- nothing like going through 4 gigs of pictures and smacking the forehead going, "What? Was I drunk every.time. I picked up the camera?? Sheesh!"

Also, I hope that my siblings will not murder me in my sleep for posting pictures of them online without their express permissions.
 


Also, have we talked about how hysterical my brothers are? If we haven't, I have let you down. What kind of a friend am I??


You're not sure you even know who I am, anymore.
 
In the meantime, we're cramming in everything awesome there is to do in a few week period.  We'll be ziplining and drive-in movie-ing and root beer floating and cousin's carnie-ing and fireworks-ing and the "Spending Cleanse" has gone straight out the window but I totally completely expected that to happen all year--
 

 


So I'll be here a little less for the next few weeks.  I hope not sporadically.



I hope we can still be friends.

Until then,



carry on. Stay strong. Make me proud.  And may all your summer wishes come true.

10 comments:

kristalucasphotography said...

Clueless, one of the best movies ever. :)

Samantha said...

Ooh, ooh, clueless! I loved that film, sometimes I still think about it. Tonight now I'll be dreaming that I'm 'rollin' with my homies'

Samantha said...

Ooh, ooh, clueless! I loved that film, sometimes I still think about it. Tonight now I'll be dreaming that I'm 'rollin' with my homies'

COTTAG3 said...

Have a great time and enjoy every minute!

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

Sweetie If you put off meeting me much longer I'll get a complex... We got to lagoon at LEAST once a week sometimes twice, I'd LOVE to meet up... OR how about a Mom's night out at lagoon, a few of us have passes!!!

Susan - Uniquely Yours or Mine said...

I didn't even know there were year round schools! Enjoy your summer time with the kiddos, you are right the kids grow up fast!

Mana said...

I'm homeschooling my son this year, I'm excited about it. No more missed summers for early back to schools. Just fun and learning all at the same time.

Mana
Fashion and Happy Things

Lori said...

Too hot in Texas for year round schoold. Our district wouldn't pay the A/C bill!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You are the best mom ever!!!!!!!! I want to be your kid. Enjoy everything you can squeeze into your summer; looks like a blast already!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Oh.My.Gosh. Clueless! Every time I tell someone "I'll be seeing you," I always hope they'll respond by saying, "I hope not sporadically." It hasn't happened yet, and I've been waiting years, at least 15 years, since Clueless was released.