Thursday, June 13, 2013

She's a Brick. House.

Well, hello there!  Whatcha been doin'?
 
("Hi Phineas.  Whatcha doin'?"  We watch that show a lot.)
 
Wanna know what I've been doing?  Well do ya?
 
 
I painted half a wall.
 
And I decided that I needed some fake pharmacy-style wallpaper on my new, white, half-wall.
 

 
Is this so random? 
 
 

 
It's pretty random.  But it sounded fun 'n different and not permanent, so I went for it.
 
Then, I pulled out my dryer.  All by myself.  Either dryers aren't nearly as heavy as I thought they were, or I have become ALL POWERFUL.
 
I choose to go with the latter.  I'm like a demi-god!  And the next thing you know, I'm all, "Release the kraken!"
 
So anyways, I pulled out my dryer.
 
And I have something to say about that, by the way.  How is it, that all my laundry was done, and the dryer was unusable for only 3 days, and somehow, I had a pile of dirty clothes that could have collapsed and suffocated small dogs?
 
3 days, people.
 
Anyhow, I pulled out my dryer.  And I got to bricking.
 
 
 
It's a verb, now. 
 
And I made a heeee-uge mess.  And there was dust everywhere, and I'm pretty sure it's been tracked down the stairs, and up the stairs, and perhaps our food will even be gritty.
 
And the actual bricking was no big deal-- but holy cow, cleaning the bricks during and afterward--
 
 
no.  It's too soon.  I can't talk about it.  But I like to think all the residue I left on the bricks gives them "character".
 
It makes them look old.  Just nod your head I'm tired people.
 

 
Oh crap I can see a ton of more scraping/wiping work in this picture.  Great.
 
Ta da!!  A half-brick wall!  It's all the material I had.  Don't you judge me.
 
 

 
Me likey.  Many thanks to my brother and his lovely wife, for letting me have this brick out of the kindness of their hearts. 
 
Does anyone give a doo-doo how I did this?  Let me know.  I promise to do the clearest (clear as mud) tutorial I can. 

16 comments:

Janelle said...

I love it. I don't mind any of the mortar. It makes it look old. Again, you are amazing!

Suesan Kennard said...

AWESOME!! I love it. The residue on it looks just like my brick wall. I wouldn't change a thing and I like the half-wall thing. It's texture without being too in your face.

wonderfullymadepursuits said...

I. LOVE. THIS. I am now scouring my house to see what wall I can brick. :)

Kat said...

Do you ever have a day of "nothingness" at your house? Looks great, girl. And since I currently have a pile o' bricks in my driveway, I'd be interested in a tute...since you're not doing anything else;)

Dee said...

Luff it.

Michelle Wilkes said...

First of all, LOVE the brick!
secondly, I really, really, really want to paint my white washer and dryer (cause why not?) but I am so afraid of the laundry pile I will have after 3 days...
You are so a demi-god

Kim and Franklin said...

I LOVE IT!

Shelley D. Hartman said...

This looks awesome!

DressUpNotDown said...

Oh yes the residue definitely adds character! Really. Truly. I would not lie! :o)

www.dressupnotdown.blogspot.com

Zefi said...

I love it. Just the way it is. The 'messy' look is definitely in. It looks like an old cottage wall. Really. Keep it. The half wall, window surround look is perfect. I have a serious case of brick envy. LOL

Ashlee said...

Love it. Love phineas and ferb. Love this blog. Lots of lovin

Liz said...

I love it ! it is so cool. I would also love if you can make a tutorial of the procedure. I have a couple of boxes of the same kind of bricks sitting in my garage that I would like to use to make something like this..

Our happy poor life said...

I love it, don't change a thing! Seriously.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I like the mortar on the brick - give it a bit of patina I think. Is there nothing you can't do? That's what I love about you - always going after something new just for fun! You are so freaking awesome!!!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

That looks awesome!!! I love the end result, and thinks it looks great "unfinished".

Morgan Bailey said...

Hi
Nice one! I like the outfit of the characters. Wish i could do the same thing too but im not that techie.i like the outfit of “from farmer to warden”.. really interesting. green home construction