Monday, May 20, 2013

I Made It Through The Rain.

Sometimes, I worry that I come across like, well. . .this.
 

















I guess I'm asking, 'cause a couple months back I talked about being super grateful 'n appreciating every day, 'n all that,
and then a little bit after that I had a pretty hard week.   And I felt ungrateful, but more importantly, like a lame-o phony.  

And no one likes a lame-o phony.

And on that note, I'd like to make my apologies for all the serious whining I did in reference to last week's hellacious nightmare that was the music room beam.  But I have good news!

After clocking in probably 8 more hours of work this weekend, I am soooo done caulking, spackling, and painting. 

Doesn't it look better?!?


Don't you say you can't tell the difference! 

Okay.  You can say you can't tell the difference.  Because I can't either, and so I didn't even bother to take a new picture.

So anyways, in light of the fact that I decided to stop the painting madness (it's really not "done".  I decided I was done. Done for good.), and because the rain stopped, the sun came out, my music room is paint tray and ladder free, and I'm on to smaller and better things, plus I got to plant some crap this weekend,

 
and above all, always above all, summer is coming. . .

I wanna talk about happy things.  Summery, flowery, nerdy things.  In a totally, non-lame-o phony kind of way.  Because I don't want to have a breakdown tomorrow.

Oh, wait!  We need to talk about this over the perfect music.


Man, I am such a sucker for a cheesy Ben Folds ballad.

So,
this is kind of like Oprah's Favorite Things.  Except you don't get a car.  And you don't get a car. 
But if I could, I would.

I have this thing I've done every summer since I was like, 13. 
I read this book.  Again.  It is so awesomely 70's teenager novel-y. 


Made Jeffro read it last week.  (real loud whisper:  I also made him read ALL the Twilight series, too!  Don't tell him I told you!)

So, yep-- I re-read this every summer, and I listen to the same album each time I read it:  Bread. Anthology. 

Wanna listen to my fave song from that album?  Course ya do.  What's a "Fave things" list without music? 

Well, unless you have no soul.



It's a goodie.

And since we're talking about music, which is like tied for my #2 favorite things with moulding-- I like to pick a theme song for summer. Get in the right mood.

This was last year's song:


Man I love this song-- actually, the entire album rocks my world. Go ahead; fall in love with Safetysuit.  You deserve it.

But anyway, this year, we're going the cheesy Lowe's commercial route for a theme song. I can't help myself.


I turn this up real loud in my kitchen in the evenings, sing at the top of my lungs, and watch all my kids' friends pretend like they're being tortured and run screaming like a bunch of girls outside.

It's times like these when I know why I became a mother.

Now--

go with me on this.  Hear me out.  I know what you're going to think.

You are/were like me, and you don't love Tom Cruise anymore since his couch hopping, "You're so glib" days.  I totally get it.


But I am telling you, this movie is calling your name.  I have seen it twice, and if I still had it, I would watch it again right.now. 

And not only that, but "Knight and Day" is a personal new favorite.


"I've been trained to dismantle a bomb in the pitch black with nothing but a safety pin and a Junior Mint. I think I can get you in and out of some clothes without... looking. I'm not saying that's what I did. "

And "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol" was totally awesome, too.  And I've heard "Oblivion" is a good one, as well.

So he's totally won me over again.  As an actor only, of course.

And finally, because this is getting a tad long don'tchathink?,  I would list some of my favorite foods, but since I'll eat anything put in front of me, well, let's put it this way: food: it's good.

3 comments:

Elisha Albretsen @ Pneumatic Addict Furniture said...

Thank you for being just negative enough to be real. I don't trust anyone who's always smiling. That being said, I've just decided to stop following a blog that I have previously loved reading because the lady wrote just one too many nasty posts. Feel free to vent frustrations with life (it actually makes us all feel better about our own)! Its when a blogger continually trashes groups or individuals that the "Nancy" title starts getting thrown around.

Collette said...

I just read Reacher 11 before seeing it, so it was a little annoying that they only sort of followed the book. and everybody knows jack is 6'5" 250. Tom is what, 5 flat??? But even with all that, I would totally watch it again. and again. and I would KILL for your son's window bed.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You're so funny and your arch came out SO beautifully. I love it!! So glad the sun came out and you can get out and play in your yard. I know you are the biggest fan of summer EVER! I have also abandoned my interiors to dig in the dirt and it's giving me better perspective on house projects, to step away from them for a bit. I think I might actually be able to take up the paint brush again soon since taking a bit of a break! Enjoy the sunshine my friend. You deserve a break from the paint can and caulk gun :)