Sunday, March 24, 2013

Phase Two, In Which Doris Gets Her Oats.

(It's an intro to a strange but good Beatles song.  Sorry).
 
Where did we leave off with the funnestest molding project I've ever done?  Oh, yes.
 
 
Right here.  I don't know what it is about this project--
 
maybe it's that I am doing all the ripping, the cutting, the routing, and the making of my own molding-
and maybe that it's cause I haven't had to purchase one thing because I have all this in stock out in the garage--
 
and despite that it's ultra time intensive to get each and every piece done, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.  Who knew?
 
Let us stare, once again, at the dream hallway:
 
Source: houzz.com via Mandi on Pinterest
 
Oh yeessss.  It's a tall glass of water.
 
I knew I needed to get the other side of my posts done, so as to have nowhere to go but up.
 
My music room subway art needed to be removed.  Sad. 
 
And the other side houses my old school phone.  Have you seen my cool phone the Daddy-o made?  It's cool.  It doesn't have to go, yet. . .
 
 
but soon it will need a new home.
 
You know what sucks?

 
My air compressor is now leaking massive amounts of air.  It's missing an o-ring on the pressure release valve component near the trans-ionic conduit.
 
(I just used "treknobabble" to come up with that description.  Also, this blog owner is a nerd.)
 
You know what else sucks?
 
 

I need a new saw blade for "Severus", because even cutting through pine is making it smoke and it's eating my lumber. 
 


You know what else sucks?
 
It hasn't had a blade guard on it for almost a year because mine broke, and it really should have one on it, so I guess I'll get that while I'm at it, too. 
 
And what else?
 
For inexplicable reasons,  my router is also eating my lumber.  I think it has to do with the tachyon boost field.  (I'm sorry.  This nerd could not help herself.)
 
(Serious.)
 
So I'm feeling pretty frustrated, right about now.



So?  What to do, besides purchase a whole bunch of new parts and throw my router against the wall?
 
Paint the door black.
 
Hubs is all,
"I'm not sure I love the door black.  Every time I walk past I do a double take that we've left it wide open."
 
And I'm thinking, "Oh, c'mon."
 
Until I walked past 10 minutes later and was all,
 
 
(Yes it needs another coat.  Thank you for noticing.  Your noticing has been noted.) 
 
"Eee-gads!  My house is open/someone is standing in my doorway in very dark clothing and he's rectangular shaped!"
 
I guess it's something we'll have to get used to.

12 comments:

Michelle Johnnie said...

Looking amazing! You ARE the queen of molding!

Lori said...

My front door is black inside. LOVE it. Yours looks great with all the other black accents you have near it.

Sarah Ugly Duckling House said...

I had the same thing happen when I painted my door black. I kept doing a double-take thinking it was open. And the hilarious part? So did my DOG. We both eventually got used to it; just takes a little time.

Janelle said...

I like it black. But... I could see the problem. I would do the same thing. Oh, and I am sorry that your router is sick.

Janelle said...

and Severus too. I am sorry he is sick. I hope they get better soon.

Ann Marie Heasley said...

You'll get used to the door, but if you paint the front black you will almost always have to head back into the driveway to double check that it isn't open. And that burglers won't invade your house.

Looks awesome!

Cathie said...

Really, it does only take a couple days to get used to the black doors. It couldn't have been more than a week before I stopped thinking the door to the garage was open.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh I am laughing so hard right now. I had that same experience with the black front door - I did a double take for days on end. But hello, months later I cannot see any dirt on that sucker so that equates to me loving it. It looks so good in your foyer too, with the black in your music room! And the molding - ohhhhhh I llllloooovvvve it. So delish. Sorry about the lumber eating saw blade and router though, bummer, dude.

emilyw said...

Love, love, love it! I hardly ever comment on here but I should because I think you should know that you are awesome! I look forward to reading your posts that are so full of what makes you, well... you. :) You have some major talent in the home redo arena, chica, major talent. Looking forward to seeing what else you are up to. :)

Rach said...

Ha ha. We felt the same way about our door when we painted it black....took us two months or so to get used to, and we LOVE.
Sorry about your troubles. You make it so funny though. Sorry about that too, cuz I'm sure you are not laughing.

Samantha said...

I feel your doorway is looking a little bare...I came across this pin to help you out. Yes, it's more moulding. I live vicariously through you. I don't have moulding anywhere. Yet.

http://pinterest.com/pin/53409945552544698/

Emily said...

I love that old phone. I have always thought it was cool.