Monday, February 4, 2013

The One Where I Go Out In The Garage Again.

My garage is a frigid, dank, wasteland these days.  Dirty snow comes in from the cars, melts, plops on to the ground, and then refreezes out there.  It's nasty.



I don't want to go out there. And you can't make me.

Consequently, I haven't gotten much in the way of building done. Daddy-o's feeling the same way.  We're like,
"What you working on?"
"Nothing.  Too cold."
"Yeah.  Me too."

We are not wimps.  Swear.  Other winters, I've manned up and headed out.

 It's just been too.darn.cold. But then. . .

Ana came out with her Chalkboard Produce Crate! plans,



And I knew I had to have this for myself. Absolutely, 100% positive I had all the scraps out there (aw heck, probably enough scraps to make 20 out there but who's counting).

So I braved the frigid wasteland. Despite my wearing a coat and gloves, I was literally shaking out there. Made all my cuts, pilot holes, and did my sanding, as quickly as humanly possible,



and then took this totally pointless picture and hauled A back into the house with my scraps, 'cause I was about to lose my birdy fingers to amputation. And I need those.

And so I slopped on the wood glue and built inside the house. Let my snot-icicles thaw in the nostrils.



Leave it to me to totally slap this thing together and not even care.  I mean, it's a crate, isn't it?  Not a piece of furniture.





Dang, man.  This thing holds a massive amount of fruit.  Ain't no family eats this much fruit.  Two words:
Colon. Blow.

 

Ya know?  I felt like all my other message spots around here needed a new bulletin, if you will.

Recall that my bathroom door is a chalkboard



I believe it makes a simple, yet profound statement.



Don't expect that rating to go up at all.  Kitchen morale's been kind of low.

11 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

You are freaking hilarious with the bite me/eat me labels! Love how you just whip up a crate that would seriously take me 3 weeks and a bit of crying to get done. Did I ever tell you you're my hero?

Janelle said...

I love your messages. So inspiring.

Julie said...

Wow--we are on the exact same wavelength--only you DID brave the cold garage and build this crate. I've had it marked to do (among other things) since I saw it on Ana's site and haven't mustered up the courage to brave the cold. You may have just inspired me to put on my big girl pants and get out there!

SueAnn Lommler said...

I do think you are addicted....to...chalkboards!!! Ha!

They are all cool! Love the crate but that is one big box!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Jackie said...

I love your slice of life. It's wonderful.

Shirley Moore said...

I think you need to invest in one of those heater/blower things for the garage. You know, they look like they were part of an airplane? Seriously cool. Have a....warm...day!!

Rosemary said...

I love your crate. Speaking of message spots - I was given a little sign that says "This house is protected by a layer of dust". It sits in pride of place in my kitchen.

Attempting Aloha said...

TOTALLY on my to-do list! And I was wondering if they weren't just ginormous...that one pic of Ana holding it, I was like, "WHOA!" They look so unassuming in the drawing. lol

Also, I'm not sure if you've heard of these handy little things...they're called space heaters I believe? I know you're on a budget diet, but think of all the building you could accomplish (I may or may not be an enabler). ;)

Aloha,
Charlie

Joanna said...

Keepin' it real, as per usual, and i'm loving it. :) I could use that sign in my kitchen today.

Jeannine said...

I freakin' love you! "Bite Me"!!! Too funny.

Oh, and I love the crate too!!

Don't worry, your kitchen and mine can sit in detention together for their deplorable grades.

Jeannine @ The Concrete Cottage

Emily said...

I love this produce box! What a cute idea! was it hard to make?? (I know for you it was probably easy, think in terms of "could Emily make this"?) Ü