Friday, January 11, 2013

Game On.

This photo,



is an after-shot. There is no before shot. This is so, soooo intentional.

Last weekend, the hubs and I tackled the disgrace/humiliation of our storage room.
Imagine, if you will, just pulling seasonal decor out and down from an already full storage room, with no regard to what is around it, or behind it, or on the wall. Or the floor. Or being able to close the door.
Two words, here:
humiliations galore.

I know you don't care, but we care that we can now walk in the storage room and find our crap. We care big time.

Anyhow, it was kinda cool looking through old crap in there. Saw stuff I haven't thought of in years.

Remember when I made those dominoes last last summer? Holy cow.  So that's where they went.

 

And then I had an idea. An epiphany, if you will. Oversized dominoes? That time I made those massive dice?



Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Pinky?
("Sure, Brain, but how are we going to find chaps our size?")

This calls for a "Gaming" mantel! Ooooh yeee-ah. Let's get it on.
In a gaming sense, of course.

You know what this mantel-scape needs? "A large poster of Atlantic City." (name that movie)

It needs a nod to Scrabble. Not that I play Scrabble, because I don't. So if you do, don't judge these craptastic Scrabble pieces I slapped out, 'mkay.



And you know? Last but not least, we need a nod to Monopoly. Because I finally have kids old enough to play that game with me. And they no longer attempt to purchase Jail or Free Parking.

It's fun now, 's what I'm saying.



Someone borrowed one of my die. I agree it's a weird thing to borrow. Long story.



I keep rearranging stuff up here.  It's like a game all on its own.

13 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I love it, Mandi! I play Scrabble and I love your Scrabble tiles. Winter is the perfect time to spend some family time playing games, too. Love the dominos. I only started playing myself a few months ago. I've been married for 27 1/2 years and never knew my husband knew how to play!

pogonip said...

Our storage re-org only resulted in piles of to-do projects. Yours is much cuter--love giant game pieces too!

Kimbo West said...

HELLO! He'll be crying himself to sleep tonight, on his huge pillow.

great. now i have to go watch that movie.

love it.
oversized just makes everything better.
i mean..not my thighs...or feet...but most everything else.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

How fun! I love monopoly, but apparently am pretty good at it so no one will play with me anymore. Our Monopoly set even mysteriously disappeared last summer, but I'm sure I'll find it eventually. And I've never played scrabble before, so no judgement here.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Fun….I want to roll that die!! Today on Pinterest I saw old gameboards mounted on the wall as playroom "art"….isn't that a cute idea?

PS I totally love what you did with your mantle and surround. It looks so delicious with all that molding!

Meghan said...

Your mantel is FABU! Lurve!

Mommybreath said...

So I married an axe murderer. Classic. All I got was a huge poster of San Fran. Sheesh.

SueAnn Lommler said...

This is so fun...love it! Quite unique.
Hugs
SueAnn

Janelle said...

you are so creative. Love it!

Elisha Albretsen said...

I think I should go watch "So I married an Ax murderer" right now :)
I think we have the same taste in movies.

Trina Miner said...

I did a game mantel this month too! Great minds...ya know?!?

My word for the year is...games. I need to play more.

If you are so inclined, check it out.

http://afewmineradjustments.blogspot.com/2013/01/its-all-fun-and-games-until.html

Blue Eyes said...

I nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award.
Love you blog. http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com

Emily said...

I love that you change your mantel up all the time! This is a cute idea. I really need to get on decorating mine for different holidays and such.