Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bend Over And I'll Show You.

Question!
 


Let's just say you've toyed with the idea of getting another tree for years. A bigger tree. A better tree. You like the one you have, but you think a second, big, ole, awesome tree would be cool, too.

The only thing really holding you back is the moolah involved.

Kay. You still with me?

So, you've got friends who wanna get rid of their big ole awesome tree to make space.  You jump on this, right?

Course ya do!

Well, um,



this tree is massive. This is the Andre the Giant of trees.

And when you said you wanted this tree, the friends who gave it to you laughed as you drove away, and you distinctly heard, and I quote:
"Hehehe suckers!"

I heard you, Karina. I heard you.

I want you to know that the hubs is the "tree fluffer". All fake trees must be "fluffed" when they come out of the box. Takes over an hour to "fluff" our 7 foot tree.

This tree is 13 feet tall.

How long does it take to fluff a 13 foot tree?  Well, long enough for me to give up and walk away.  Long enough for it to turn from day to night. 

Long enough for kids to fall asleep in one of the tree boxes. 



That's how long.

("How much tree could a Jeff fluff fluff if a Jeff fluff could fluff Jeff?"  That made no sense.)

So, I was prone to bursts of weird giggling while we put this thing together and fluffed it.  I kept saying "Wow", and "This is hee-uge",

and also "are we done yet?".

And then of course we both kept quoting "Christmas Vacation" quotes while we worked.  ("Worked" means Jeff fluffed and I watched from a chair).

"Looks great!  Little full.  Lots of sap."

"Where do you think you're gonna put a tree like that, Griswald?"
"Bend over and I'll show you."

Yes--



this tree took a ladder stretched the full length to finish off.

 I think, even if I were careful, it'd take me a couple hundred bucks to decorate this thing all decent-like. 

I'm thinking that'll have to wait for next year, so I can get clearanced stuff, and a good idea of what color scheme I want in here. It's a plan.

It's like Rockefeller center in my family room, it's so massive.



So, are we suckers?  No.  Don't answer.

18 comments:

Jen said...

That tree is freaking AWESOME!!!!!! I have some green ornaments that I'm getting rid of if you wanna look at them. If not, that's cool, too. You see, I had a friend give me one of the trees they bought at Festival of Trees and it had enough ornaments on it for 6 trees!!!! I've given a lot away already, but kept the green stuff thinking I'd use it. But I didn't. I used the gold and burgundy stuff instead. :)

Taylor Family said...

Hahahahahaha! I was hoping you would post today on how it went with the tree. It looks amazing in its new home! The last time we put it up was ...2 yrs ago. That's how it stayed. Bare, with no decorations. Ah, I remember the first 3-4 yrs that we would fluff and fluff,...and fluff. After those few years I think it was more like; just do the bottom half, and call it good. Decorating it....well your in for treat . It would take me about 3 hours with breaks in between. Ging up and down, and up and down... And up and down......and up and down the ladder to decorate the top half was sooo much fu-un. None the less. Enjoy it my friend enjoy it. After all we did enjoy it, at one point also. It is an awesome tree. : )

suckers!! : )

Taylor Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SueAnn Lommler said...

Love the tree...I like them huge too!! Ha! I need a tree fluffer here!!
Have fun in the sales isle.
Hugs
SueAnn

San @ Made in Hem said...

Awesome! This is soooo cool! I don't think I've ever seen something this huge in a home... It wouldn't fit in my house for sure. ♥ it!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

No you are not suckers - that thing is AWESOME!!! How fun - sparkly and huge - and now you can go around town saying "our tree is bigger than your tree" so there's that!

Lori said...

Sure hope the middle set of lights don't go out! Then what? I say put all your ornaments at the bottom and work your way up each year.

Mandy Beyeler said...

on my wish list WAS a ginormous tree...now I'm second guessing....

julie - eab designs said...

You rock! Have to say, I didn't even know they made trees that tall. LOVE the picture of your sweet girl napping in the box - that alone is worth all the fluffing!

Daddy-O said...

WOW! I LOVE IT! Who were the suckers who gave it to you?

Dara said...

HAHA! Thats funny. Our tree might be slightly bigger. The people left it here when we bought this house. Every year I bust out every.single.curse word you can think of. Every year I BEG the hubster to put up the smaller tree and every single year I lose! The good news is....my kids LOVE the big tree and seeing them happy makes all the effing fluffing and scratches on your arms and storing that B*tch of a tree all worth it!
And a tip...but you probably know this, TaiPan has awesome BIG ornaments that are really cheap....we buy them for "fillers" for when we have had enough of the fluffing!
Looks great....naked and all!

Debbie Gisle said...

You didn't even think about how this was gonna dwarf the presents under the tree, did ya? Did ya?! I say you start saving REALLY big boxes to wrap the not-so really big gifts so it looks proportional. That's just me (Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for the let down each and every one of your children will have when they open a "new powerwheel sized box" to find...a matchbox car.) Yeaaah. Good luck with that. :D (And its gorg...and my hubby worked as the manager in the seasonal dept a Lowe's for a few years...and it is painful to watch him fluff the tree just right...down. right. painful...but it is perty when he's done)

Susan said...

Love your blog! Check out Aunt Peaches.com for her post on how to decorate trees. She did it professionally and has great tips on how to fill it up!

Susan in Phoenix

Emily said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That tree is awesome! I love it!!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Your tree is AWESOME and bet your kiddos think it's pretty cool, despite not having any ornaments on it. I will admit to being a little jealous since I didn't have time to get a tree this year, not even a little Charlie Brown tree. Enjoy your holidays!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!! I need taller ceilings just so I can do that - you are the best Mom ever!!

Mrs BC said...

That is the best Christmas tree I have ever seen! I bet in 30 years your grandkids tell all their friends about the awesome tree their crazy grandma and grandpa put up every Christmas. I love it!
xx

Kelli Prewitt said...

I get paid to decorate trees at christmas time. You need to invest in large ornaments, large ornamental signs and words from hobbylobby - they look great on large trees and cover lots of sq ft... and most of all.. DECOMESH. Lots of rolls 2-3 colors & maybe a few boas... larger trees are easier to decorate, next christmas look how simple macys tree is. Trick is to use the right scale ornaments for the job.
Check out mardigras.com huge commercial ornaments