Thursday, October 25, 2012

It Is Finished.

Do you know how you get an entire house ready to sell in 10 days' time?
 
Well, ya work your butt off.  That's what ya do.  You lose sleep pondering paint and planning, and then re-planning your attack plan.
 


And then, you have totally awesome parents who are willing to drop everything they are doing and help you for days on end.  Days. 
 
Mom and Dad:
 
 

may you live long enough to be totally terrifying behind the wheel. And when that time comes, I will be here to chauffeur you, because I can't ever repay you for your help and assistance.
 
To Laura, for bringing us not one, but two dinners. and taking McKiller twice:
 
 

you rock, sista.  I'm so glad we're neighbors.  And besties. (She's like, "we are not besties.") Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
 
 

To Layne, who brought me dinner and took my butt munches so we could keep working:
 
 
If you ever disappeared while hiking, I'd remain with the search party even if it started raining.  We are that close. Thank you.
 

 
To Tif, who brought us a treat one day, and then fed me and all my workers lunch the next:
 

 
if I were a zombie, I would totally eat you last.  Thank you so much.
 
To my lovely sister in law, Rachael, who took my children not once, not twice, but thrice:
 
 
I appreciate your friendship so much that if we ever got into a fist fight I'd totally try my best to avoid your face. 

And I'm so sorry Mckenna hit your son.  I am out of excuses for her.
 
To Janelle, who came and painted the master bedroom, and then left some awesome snacks that were our sustenance for a 10 hour period:
 
 
you must know me well  enough to know how much I hate painting.  And that means a lot.  Thank you.
 
To my brother Britton and his lovely wife Rachel:
 
 
your contribution of the main bathroom's lovely vanity completes the space. 
 
"You.Complete.Me." -the main bathroom
 
 
To Kayla and Aubrey and Kaitlyn and Kristy:  all those staples out of the floor means so, so much to me.  Thank you!
 
 
I want you to know that I picked the carpet for this house with moms in mind.  Remember that my own house has "The Carpet Satan Reserves For Bad Moms In Hell".  That's the actual title of my carpet color.  I thought it was a little long, but whatever.
 
 
So this carpet?  Not too much shag, not too little.  It is not light cream/white, and it speckled.  I had a mom's back on this.  Double pound to the chest, mommies.
 
 
So!  Anyone need a house in a great neighborhood, on the golf course, with practically all new stuff?  I mean, brand new water heater, new garbage disposal, all new faucets, appliances, flooring, etc., etc., etc.?  I'll even put in a built-in spice shelf for ya.  Or some box molding in the living room.  Think on it.
 

24 comments:

Janet said...

It's hard to believe you were able to do all of this in just 10 days! Beautiful work!!!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I'll take it!!!!

Oh wait, I live 2000 miles away. Bummer.

It looks fantastic Mandi!! It will sell in a heartbeat!! What an awesome bunch of family and friends you have - I can't believe you did all this in a matter of a week and half!!!! You deserve another trip to HI when this sells!!

I Am Momma - Hear Me Roar said...

10 days? Talk about progress! Wow! Please take a giant nap. Whew! That was a lot of work. Way to go.

Cheri

Suesan Kennard said...

You are the bees knees, the wind beneath my wings, you're the meaning in my life, nay, you're my inspiration. You certainly know how to rock a reno! Good job. May your open house be packed and your offers swift and full priced!

Ashlee said...

Is it in Davis County? I'd take it if we weren't trying to sell a house for 2 years and a business for 1 year....

WhettenWild said...

Holy cow! It's gonna sell fast! It lookds fab!

San @ Made in Hem said...

Isn't it sold already? It looks so good!!! And now a long hot bath and a good nights sleep, you deserve it!!! ♥

gina said...

Wow! You are amazing! Great job!

SueAnn Lommler said...

It looks wonderful!! Congrats
Hugs
SueAnn

Staci said...

Great job! This place kicks buttocks! Looks beautiful!!

Stephanie said...

Awesome job!!!!!!!

Rosemary said...

It looks wonderful! I hope you get a quick sale.

Layne Bushell said...

You totally rocked it sistah... and I will gladly take your butt munches anytime...it was so fun to have them. You should let me do that more often!!!

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

will you accept payment in cake.... for the rest of my life?

Carrie said...

Great job! If I was moving to the area I would make an offer you couldn't refuse, but alas I'm staying in Texas...

Girl your besties and family are the best, hang on to them!

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

All of that in 10 days. Wow!

julie - eab designs said...

Wow - great job! You should have filmed all of your efforts - it would have made a great HGTV show! Hope you can find some time to relax and while you are, an offer arrives for above asking price. You deserve it!

Emily said...

That looks awesome! Someone is going to buy that up fast! I can't believe you guys did all that in 10 days!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Whoa!!! I love how everything turned out. You guys did such a great job and I'm sure you'll sell that house super fast now. Give yourself a little rest before you're onto your next project :)

Ryan and Rachel said...

A-ma-za-zing! If we could get the loan we would be all over that!! :) Rockin' job. Fo' sho'.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I'll take it! It looks so great I hope it sells in like, 2.5 seconds. I want to type more but my newly born child is making strange sounds in the monitor, that tease.

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

Thank you for getting rid of that linoleum! That was awful! Great improvement. It should sell! Great job making it look awesome!!!! you are amazing.

Ruth H. said...

Congratulations! It looks terrific--completely transformed! I wish you the best of luck and a quick sale.

FYI...we've recently relocated to northern CA, and just put an offer on a house that I WISH you had worked some magic on. We're talking photo mural wall of the Alps in the family room, bathrooms and bedrooms painted in various electric shades...and THANK GOODNESS the owners were consistent and painted the ceilings the same color as the walls in every. single. room. Awesomesauce.

Allison said...

I'm pretty sure I know Kaitlyn, Aubrey, and Kristy -- Kristy sent me to your blog in the first place! Love love love your blog. Keep going -- you are delightful!