Monday, June 18, 2012

What I'll Be Up To.

To say I was shocked that I squandered all my time to prepare for the Cousin's Carnie would be a big understatement.



Appalled.  Disturbed.  Not covering it.

How in the world did I let 3 months pass and I'm still not completely ready?  What in the H?

You know how, on Episode V, where Vader's all,

"No, I am your father."
And then Luke's all, "No. . . that's not true. . . that's impossible!  NOOOOOO!"

It was not nearly that kind of shock.  But kinda close.

So, just so ya know,

I'll be elbow deep in carnie projects from here to the actual event.  Girdin' up my loins.  Mind if I share what's in thee ole noggin?

"Well I have a microphone, and you don't.  So you will listen to every d#$% word I have to say!"
I love that movie.

Carnie food decision is finalized.



Hot dogs, popcorn,
 

snowcones, unshelled peanuts, cotton candy, licorice ropes, those awesome swirly lollipops (how can you have a carnie without swirly lollipops?? I ask you??), nachos. . . I have enough packaging to last a few annual carnies.

Note: I am not responsible for children's midnight barfings.

Tokens, tickets, prizes that are total and complete junk-- the kind moms huck in the garbage when the kids aren't looking. . .


it's all coming together in a nice little package.

Signs, photo booths. . .


cut out the faces today with the ole jigsaw. Got jiggy with it.
That was lame.

So, what's left?



Touched up my ginormous Wheel 'O Fortune this afternoon. But how to make it spin? What kind of hardware does that entail?

The signs? Little booths? Where does it end? Where does it begin? Where is my brain?

13 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

You are simply, hands down, the most AMAZING Auntie there is. those cousins are gonna love it. How many helpers do you need to run these games. I've got a couple responsible tweenagers who'd love to come help if needed....

SueAnn Lommler said...

Argh!! You have my head spinning!!
Good luck on finishing!!
Hugs
SUeAnn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I was hoping we'd see more of your plans for the cousins carnival, Mandi! I love that photo board! You are amazing. I've got no idea how you get that wheel to spin but I'm sure it involves a rod of some kind, nuts, bolts and washers. Good luck with that. Your carnival food sounds right {excellent for getting just the right color mix for when they barf}. : ) I'm sure everyone is going to have a great time and I can't wait to see more!

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

How fun! You do this every year? You have the best family ever!! Between the carnival and your parent's house, I want in!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

I'm guessing to spin it with the hardware for a lazy susan - it comes in a kit and you just attached it and enjoy the spinning greatness...

Janice said...

That is going to be so fun!

And the whole Luke yelling "Nooooo" with his look of desperation is a staple around here. we like to answer simple questions with a reenactment of that scene.

Like do you want more corn?

Nooooooooooo!

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

Holy moly! When you plan a carnival you go all out! What an awesome memory for those kids! I'm so jealous!

Emily said...

This carnival is going to be so awesome!! Your nieces and nephews are so lucky! If you need any help getting stuff ready. I can pop popcorn like a pro! Ü

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

I wish I was your kids cousin! I was totally planning a carnival birthday party for my oldest this year, but it just didn't work out- I'm STILL bummed about it- SOMEDAY I'm totally doing one... ANYWAY you need a CAKE!!! (and cotton candy) and I need to MAKE a carnival cake.... See where I'm going with this? If I'm free the day of your party I'd LOVE to make a cake for your party and for payment I FINALLY get to meet you!!! deal?

Jess said...

Looks awesome Mandi! Times like this are good to embrace the saying "Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last minute!"
As for the spinning of the wheel, you'll probably need something with a bearing in it so it spins freely. An old bicycle wheel set up would work, depending on how much you have done of the fortune wheel so far. Good luck!

WhettenWild said...

The kids have studied every picture and are beside themselves with anticipation!

Melissa Renshaw said...

You ooze BRILLIANCE!!! Can't wait to see it all come together with sticky fingers and cotton candy covered faces! Thank you for being such an inspiration!

Julie {BuildSewReap} said...

I don't know if you live near an Ikea but they carry a big wooden lazy susan I was eyeing up the other day. I'm pretty sure you could quickly screw your spinner on to the top of it and call it done (and spinny) in about 2 seconds flat. I was thinking of buying one to attach to my kiddo's bed so he could use it as a steering wheel. The carnival looks like great fun!!