Thursday, June 28, 2012

This Is The Post That Never Ends.

(It just goes on and on my friends).

You know I'm not one to give you a "trip log". I'm just not that kind of gal.

I am, however, the kind of gal who bombards with pictures. It's my nature. Forgive me.

There are a couple things I do wanna say, though. For instance, that we were lucky enough to snag first class on the way over.

 

We used the hot towels to wash our pits. 
That is what they're for, right?

I ate a lot of spam.  It's a Hawaiian thing.


I gave up on my hair whilst over there.  Kinda had a bad hair day ("a bad hair decade, really"). 



I believe I should be in pictures on a scale of rarely to never.  I'm like Earl on "My Name Is Earl", except I don't close my eyes, I just somehow manage to flair my nostrils or go cross eyed or something.



"PLEASE never touch or ride Sea Turtles".  Heh.  Hehehe.  Well, I was thinking about it until you told me not to.


A cavern like this one up here made us feel like we were in "Goonies".  It was awesome.

"HEY YOU GUYS!!!!"



The key to pronouncing Hawaiian  street names is to pronounce them with confidence, no matter how bad you just slaughtered it.  And then if you have no idea whatsoever, just say "On Moo-ka-haka-heekee street."  And then end it with "Moo-ka-haka-heekee, come on you wanna lei me.  Pass the poi, mahalo."

But that's only funny to people who enjoy Wayne's World.



And that's all I have to say about that.  Probably.  For now.  Unless I change my mind and decide to talk your ear off later.  I'll warn you first.

5 comments:

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

It looks like an amazing trip!!!!! Did you love it?? Okay I need more deets!! What island for instance? We are going next Feb. for our maiden voyage and your black sand beach photos have me all in a tizzy. Can't wait to show my munchkins.

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! That looks so amazing! What a fun vacation!

Rebecca D said...

Wow, what amsome pictures.. It looks like you guys had a blast! You looked great in the ones you shared! I want your bad hair decade!

Teri said...

I would like you to know that I literally snorted at "pass the poi, mohalo". Literally. Glad you had a blast!

beccalouise said...

what island is that with the black sand?