Friday, June 15, 2012

Neighbor Of The Year Award.

Man, I'm such a good neighb. 

(If you believe that, maybe you should read this.)

See, a neighbor asked me to help them build the Ana White Famhouse table.



"Help" is such a relative term. . .

If "help" means I'll drop off the lumber, you do all the work, well, then we are right on track.
I'm a martyr to my own generosity. (said in my best British accent.)

And so, I've been out in the ole gay-rage the last couple days, making a mess.



Kids have enjoyed playing in it, to be sure.

13 page plans, these are--



every page down was a score, in my book.

And behold my sawdusted Ghetto Blaster, Yo!



Took some time to listen to some oldies while I worked. And I'm positive the neighbors loved me singing American Pie at the top of my lungs. At 10:00 p.m.   And I'd like to say, that I absolutely love Simon & Garfunkel's "Cecilia"-- such an awesome song.  But dang, that Cecilia is a dirty tramp.

Anyway.



Can I say a couple things about this project? (The bare bones of this table)

This is one heavy, sturdy S.O.B. Notching out the legs on this bad boy? It takes half the time. It's a time sucker, to be sure.

Just thought you should know. Just in case.

See it all done?

"Ooh, I just love how it offsets the tones of the lawnmower. . . and how it compliments the garbage can, without being matchy-matchy. . . and how the sander is placed, just so. . . "

Dang, I'm gonna keep this thing.

See it next to it's Restoration Hardware knockoff?



Wow. I like mine so much better. Said no one, ever.

18 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

ha ha ha.... the last sentence....soooooo true. Just had that exact thought this morning. Yet, your table is amazing. Now what do I have to do to get on the "List of Neighbors I'm willing to make stuff for?" How many banana cupcakes will it take?

Becca Christensen said...

This is fabulous! You did a great job!

supermom said...

Amazing. I'll take one of those too! Girl, you got some major talent! :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow! That was some undertaking, Mandi! So good of you to "help" your neighbors! : ) Love your music selections. I have those and love to pull out some of my oldies sometimes when I'm doing a project. Cecilia was a car favorite with the kids several years ago. Of course, when its played over and over - maybe 15 times in one trip home from little league it can get a bit much.

Emily said...

You are an awesome neighbor. That table is awesome! They are going to love it!! And I do like yours better , so some one said it. Ü

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

that's it, I'm moving in down the street.

GustoBones said...

Um, I want my hubs to make me one of these, but a bit smaller :), I don't have the space for that awesome mother. LOVED the Scrooge quote. This Christmas we have to have a Scrooge watching party. Only those who can recite every line will be invited! :)

SueAnn Lommler said...

The table is fabulous!!!!
Hugs
SueAnn

jtatiana21 said...

wow wonderful job, you are way too good neighbor, don’t you want to move to my neighborhood?

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

girl you so bad!!! Ok and those were 2 of my fav songs, probably before you were born!

Daddy-O said...

Plumb. Level. Square. Straight. You did DANG good!

Jean @ www.thebackyardbungalow.com said...

Wow, you are a good neighbor! (sung like the State Farm song) The table looks awesome! Restoration Hardware? What's that? lol!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Ah me next! I've been needing a table for two years now, but can't decide on the style I want. You are the best niegbs ever.

Jodie said...

Any tips on notching the legs? We're building a fence around our garden and wanted to do this. Decided it was too hot to mess with. Table looks amazing.

WhettenWild said...

It looks awesome! You rock!

Renee said...

That is so awesome!! What a beautiful table!!! :)

Renee said...

That is so awesome!! What a beautiful table!!! :)

Teri said...

This is gorg! Cliff and I just bought a table saw and a ...ummm...handheld saw with a circular blade that you push forward...is that just called a circular saw? I'm excited to learn how to use it even if I don't know what it's called. :) Thanks for being my inspiration!