Saturday, June 23, 2012

I'm Leaving, On A Jet Plane.

("I don't know when I'll be back again. . . ")

If you're reading this, then that means something.  That means I actually made my stand-by flight, and am on the big island.  Yes, I'm talking,

Hawaii.  Packed every single bikini I own.  All zero of them.

 


With my mostest bestie in the whole world, my sister. We're like this. And with my totally awesome, Single! and HOT!  and FABULOUS! cousin.

All the single men, please email me your picture and a brief description. I'll forward the winners on.

There's a few things I want you to know about this trip: it's 4 years in the making.
Wives: take a tip from me (it's the only one I have). If you wanna go on a big trip, ask years ahead of time. Years.

"So, hon, can I, like, go on a sister's trip in 2 years or so?"
There is no husband alive who wouldn't give a happy yes to a trip that far off.
Well, there probably are a few husbands out there who'd say no. And those husbands are weenees.

Anywho,

do ya know what else about this trip? Between my sister and I, our very sweet husbands, their jobs, church callings, and our 10 combined children? It was like moving HEAVEN AND EARTH to prepare the way. It was almost a joke, there were so many crazy loose ends to take care of. For me and my Boy Toy, it was totally "Mr. Mom".

"Now, do you want to go over the list one more time?"
"No, I don't want to go over the LIST!. . . Okay. . . let's go over the list. . . "

My kids are still in school, for one thing.



("Now, the boys leave for school at 8:30 sharp. Make sure they brush their teeth right before they go. Jamison has ____ on ______ and Jace needs to take ______ with him on _____ and. . . . Do you want a babysitter for that?")
And the list goeth on and on. Filled the freezer with total crap food, I did. Not that the hubs can't cook, 'cause he totally can. But just to make things easier. Relieve my conscience. Or something.

And it's not that I don't love it when Jeffro dresses everyone. Because I totally do. (No, really, I do-- it's freaking hysterical. Ahem. Sorry, hon.)



But I laid out every day's worth of outfits for the kiddos.

So that's all behind me.  Hopefully I didn't suffer a panic attack whilst on the plane, ("WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!!") again, and my house is intact when I come home.

See y'all soon.  Ish.  I'll bring ya back a lei.  Or a really flowery muumuu.  Let me know.

17 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

You go to Hawaii and I go to Bear Lake... hmmm somethings not quite right in my world and it's all right in yours. Have a fabulous trip. You deserve it!

Lisa at Shine Your Light said...

Mandi, I am so excited for you!! I hope you're already having an amazing time and take tons of pictures!!! It is stressful to leave the house and kids behind but so well worth it! ENJOY!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I went on a girl's trip toHawaii also. it's great! the ocean is so calming and peaceful. I must have the world's best husband though cuz I started planning a week out. and he just said sure lets make it happen. I didn't leave any lists either. he just did it all. good luck on those return flights!

Emily said...

That is so awesome that you got your sisters vacation! I am so excited for you! You guys are going to have a BLAST!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your sister vacation! I'm curious to know how the household stands upon your return.

COTTAG3 said...

Have an awesome time!!!!

julie - eab designs said...

Wow! Have a fab time!!

Evelyn said...

Oh my gosh, Mandi, I'm SOOO happy for you! Enjoy every minute, nay, every second of your time there! You deserve an amazing time.

The Matthews Family said...

Hee hee, I have to laugh as I read this. I am going to Young Women's Camp next week... and I filled the fridge and feezer with food for every night I will be gone... and I laid out all of my kids' clothes for each day I will be gone... and I made MANY a list for my husband... ha ha, does every mom do that?!? Enjoy your trip!

RachelK said...

Have a great trip! You deserve it!

Arlene said...

Have a great trip! I just moved from Oahu but we went to The Big Island a couple of times and stayed up at the volcano. Of course it started flowing a week or so after we were there both times but the glow especially at night was awesome. Be prepared for lots of driving and not much stops are few and far between. Check out the green sand beach, it's a hike but I think worth it. The southern most point too and there is a nice cafe there. Swim with the manta rays, or drive up to Mauna Kea. So much to do! Enjoy!

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Have a ton of fun. And go skinny dipping... not!

Dharma said...

2 years in advance.....YOU are a freakin' GENIUS! Have a walk on the wild side for all of us still tethered to home base, k? Outfits for the week....yah, I'd do that ;)

Rhiannon said...

I hope youre having a great time!!

GustoBones said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Standby flights, as you know, can be nailbiters whilst you await your fate(will you get on, will you sadly watch the doors close)! I am happy to see that you must have made it!!! Woo HOO HAWAII!

RNnett said...

Have fun and enjoy yourself! You deserve it!

BTW-I have had fun tonight catching up with blog reading. Plenty of smiles for me and my night shift pals!

Teri said...

I hope you went with the muumuu.