Monday, May 28, 2012

Crazy Is As Crazy Does.

Let us all rejoice--


my buttcracking sofa is gone.  GONZO.  Most uncomfortable couch, ever.  You'd just fall into it, and you couldn't get out.  It was the pit of despair.

Trivia!!:

Guess how many half-eaten apples we found under the buttcracking sofa?

If you guessed 4, you have just won my love and esteem.  If you guessed over 4, you've insulted me, and there's no forgiveness in this life or the next.

So, anyways, obviously, we finally picked a new one.

I'll tell ya right now: you're not gonna love it.  Not.  I had very specific criteria whilst browsing for a new couch for this house.  The first thing I was looking for?

I wanted a sofa, that if (hahahaha "if")   a child jumped on it, it would automatically:

1.  Reach up, give the child a wedgie,
2.  Spank them
3.  Then promptly dump them on the floor

They don't make this kind of sofa.  But they should.

Anywho--

this is where it gets crazy. 

After we made our selection and paid the astronomical fee that enables us to haul it off, I said to myself,

"Self, let's give that room a mini-makeover before the new couch gets hauled in there."

And then I turned to the hubs and shared the same thoughts with him.  Sometimes I don't have the foggiest how he puts up with my shenanigans. 

So!  What did I have in mind?  In the 8 hours I had before the new trampoline sofa arrived?

Molding, but of course.



You are so surprised.  You are going to have a heart attack and die from that surprise.

Remember when I told ya I thought the molding in the basement was too pricey?  Well I just used every last bit of scrap from that project, and stuck it in my family room.  Seriously-- I needed every last piece.  And not one piece more.

I feel like I just touch├ęd someone.  Stuck it to the man.

And then I painted for five million hours.  And we all know how much I love that.

See it all white?



I totally love the change. Don't judge my daughter's dress 'n boots. She dresses herself. Then we just fix her a little later.

I'm feeling like this is a totally different room-- and I forgot how fun it is to photograph kids in window light. It's so. . . mysterious.





Oh son, no. . . .



Kiss your mother with that mouth? Do you know how long it's been since those have been cleaned? It's been like . . .(how long have I lived here? Oh, right. 3 years.) like, 3 years! Gah.

Let's get a before 'n after here.



I'm so glad I could paint at midnight so that the new couch will cover 95% of the molding. But I'll know it's there, and you'll know, too. 'N that's all that matters.

Show you the new trampoline (why fight it??) laters.

19 comments:

Aroura said...

I absolutely love your sense of humor! And the molding looks great! Can't wait to see this new mysterious couch!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Wow..it goes perfect with the modlign up the stairs. I think it was worth your mad rush to get it done before the sofa shows up. I can't wait to see it...you have me so wondering now. Maybe you can get a pic of all of you jumping on it. :)

SueAnn Lommler said...

The pics of the kids...priceless!!
Of the room...fabulous!!
Love the new moulding!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lori said...

Crazy how teh chair rail really grounds that room.

Emily said...

I love it! Kenna looks cute in her dress and boots. I can't wait to see your new couch.

Sara said...

You crack me up, Lady.

Maureen said...

Mandi,

So much better! And when are you coming to my house?

Maureen

Daddy-O said...

Love it! Love it! Love it!

Daddy-O said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alicia said...

I just found your blog recently (probably through Pinterest, I can't remember), but you seriously have one of the funniest, greatest blogs out there! I love it!

Ryan and Rachel said...

Bueno. Just a thought.....are you EVER coming back to visit? October should be super nice....since I'll have a little runt for you to play with by then! :)

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

I love it! It adds more light and warmth to the room! You are my inspiration in so many projects. Thanks for all you share!

WhettenWild said...

Looks fab! I think you should give the other sofa to someone as a white elephant at the next family Christmas party..........or send it home with one of the kids that jump on the downstairs sofa. hahaha.

Sarah B said...

completely unrelated to the topic of your post... but what's the story behind your location signs? did you make those (and if so - is there a tutorial on your blog for them?)? did you buy them (and if so, where?)?
Thanks for sharing!!

Rebecca D said...

Take that butt cracking sofa... The new one is so nice it gets a whole new room! Yay!

RachelK said...

Love the molding! As usual, you did a great job!

Carolyn Dennis said...

OH! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! Seriously.

Teri said...

It's beautiful, Mandi! Loving it! :)

Pattie said...

Your little boy in the grey vest is just such a cutie! I love how your living room turned out. We are still working on our wood floor.