Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Lakehouse.

I done tole ya I was going to show you the parental unit's lakehouse. And today,

I'm here to deliver.

Perhaps you remember when I talked about the lighthouse the Daddy-o made to go next to the lakehouse?

I want you to know I froze my baguettes off outside to snap some pics. Just for you.
It's 'cause I love ya.

And it was a cold, dark, stormy night. Perfect night for lighthouse picture taking. Or a murder. Either one.

Anywho,

you wouldn't believe the kind of work that's been put into this lakehouse. It just has a certain. . . je ne sais quoi about it. I think I know what the Mommy-o and the Daddy-o were thinking when they began decorating/major construction work.

  First, they're thinking an overall, elegant, "water" theme.

Man, I love that scuba helmet thingy.

Here I am, trying desperately not to show that my son is on the couch eating massive amount of snacks, and that, is a TOTAL NO-NO.

Dang it, Johnny! You totally busted us!  And now we're uninvited!

Perhaps one of the things I love best, are these picture portholes. They're old family pictures, and I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm quite taken with them.



Do you love these picture portholes like I do? Awesome, Mom 'n Dad. Virtual butt pat for both of you.

But back to what the parents are thinking on this massive house decorating project: they're thinking: family together/fun/togetherness/grandkids, too. So there's that. 16 grandkids, and counting. SIXTEEN.

Which is why they converted the entire 3 car garage to a playroom. Complete with soft flooring, a tv, air hockey table, slide, toys, and



the hanging boat swing. My daughter is getting so old. Cry with me a moment.


So? Are you ready to see the first room's makeover? I call this. . . "The Luggage Room". Kids call it "The Treasure Chest Room". I like that one, too.

BAM.



The hanging, triple bunkbed, luggage beds. Daddy-o made them.



A little secret, here: The beds are secured to the wall with french cleats on both sides. Solid as a rock. The rope is just for decorative purposes. Daddy-o: you are too legit to quit.



Let's talk about this picture for a second. It's a 3' by 4'. One of thee ole Office Max engineering prints. Daddy-o made that awesome frame.



Man, my great grandpa was quite a dish. Can you say "dish" for a guy?

And here it is all together now:



Great use of space with tons of sleeping areas, no?

Get excited for the Pirate Ship Revenge Room, 'cause I know I'm excited enough to wet my pants for the both of us.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

absolutely love the lake house! Can't wait to visit!

-hillybean

SueAnn Lommler said...

Wow and WOW!!! What more can I say? This is fabulous!!!
And I will send you some Depends! Ha
Hugs
SueAnn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, love those suitcase bunkbeds, Mandi! Your parents are so creative in making these things! Love the porthole frames, too. Best grandparents ever to give over their three car garage to a playroom!

Lisa Scibilia said...

That triple bunk is just crazy! CRAZY!!! Your parents are so creative - and I can't believe they converted their entire garage into a playspace for the grandchildren. So generous. I'm blown away. I especially love all the black and whites, that huge one in the bedroom rocks!

Lori said...

Oh daddy-o oh daddy-o, you just amaze-me-so! Great use of space on the triple bunk and the play room.

Evelyn said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!! That is incredible

Rach said...

"or murder" that was hilarious.
What amazing talent they have! How fun....

Emily said...

The lake house is just amazing! What a fun place to spend time with the family!

The Miller Five said...

That is amazing!

Rebecca D said...

Wow... What a fun place to visit! I do love the porthole idea... I am kinda doing a nautical theme in our livingroom for the summer, I may "borrow" that idea!

cathgrace said...

So cute! My hubby wanted me to ask if there is a ladder for the triple bunk?

Billie said...

That lighthouse is amazing! No wonder you are so awesome, daddy-o is beyond awesome! I can only imagine how much fun will be had at the lake house.

Janice said...

Wow, you come by your cool housetitude naturally, huh? That is a fantastic house!

Can't wait for the pirate room!

WhettenWild said...

Wow, good job Mom and Dad! The kids can't wait to go back!

Layne Bushell said...

I'm struggling to find the words. Looks amazing.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Your Pops needs his own HGTV show. This is absolutely unbelievable.

Sue said...

Uber cool!! (That's all I can mutter while I'm trying to get my jaw up off the floor.)

Teri said...

You know, if your dad charged a fee to tour that place, he could make a fortune. Just sayin'. That's the most wicked-awesome lake house I've ever seen. Plus also? I now want a suitcase-bed.