Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dumb Fun.

So my kids are out of school for pretty much the entire month of April.

Right about now, you're thinking, "Lucky!" or "Sucks to be you." Maybe a bit of both.


And one of those days, it was warm-ish. Kids went hog wild.

It's been lots of lazy mornings. Don't know how we're gonna make it when school starts back up; I'm waking up at 8:30 and typically dozing back off for a few more minutes. It's been awesome.

So what have we been up to? Besides being lazy butts?


We're chillin' like villains.

Kids are sucking down these like they're going out of style.

Ever had a few too many, and they start to cut the insides of your lips?

AND FOR THE LOVE,

THESE JUST DON'T GO ANYWHERE, PUNKS!

I'd like to tell you that I went and cleaned the window after I snapped the picture.

"I went and cleaned that window right after."

There, I said it. Doesn't really mean anything.

But I digress.

There is exactly 500% more treat intake than is needed or warranted.

But that's a completely different post. (A post entitled: "Moms Who Eat Their Feelings.")


Anywho, I've got a list of stuff to do in the ole journal/list keeper/brain dumper,

and we are getting down to biz-nis. Just thought I'd share a few.

Saw this somewheres on pinterest:

the night time, glow-stick in the bath trick. ("They're illusions, Michael! Tricks are something a whore does for money." Name that awesome show!)

This is a hit, folks. Kids love it. (Psst: photog nerds like me: the only light source anywhere in my upstairs was those light sticks. Shot at 6400 ISO, 1/30 sec., 1.4 f. Hence, the grain. ;)

I like to call this little snack:

"Sunrise Jell-o." Coolest.Mom.Ever.

Unless you're talking to my kids, and then you should know that I am "the meanest mom ever". Go ahead and ask. They'll tell ya.

"If I was the meanest mom ever, you wouldn't even dare to tell me I'm the meanest mom ever!"

Kids. Can't live with them; pass the peanuts.

This experiment:


was experienced. (Make your own lava lamp!) It's pretty darned cool, too.


Oh, oh! And one more. We had this for a "fun dinner". Pizza fondue.


Friend gave me the recipe. You must try (it's an awesome appetizer/party food too, by the by).


Pizza fondue

1 pkg (8 oz) pasteurized cheese (Velveeta, etc.), cut into cubes
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar (14 oz) spaghetti sauce OR pizza sauce (go with the pizza sauce)
1/4 cup beef broth

You can sprinkle the dip with basil, oregano and/or grated parmesian cheese.

Melt it all in your fondue (or crock pot, whatevs) pot and serve!

Dipping suggestions: french bread (and other types of bread for variety), pepperoni chunks, bell peppers, shrooms, 'n olives.


Try it! You'l like it! ("So yummy! So yummy-yummy!")

Oh, OH! One more thing. Since we're talking kids 'n all. I want you to know, that I had dreams of some adorable Easter clothes/smiles/pictures this last Easter. Tell you, nay, show you how it went?

Typical.

23 comments:

Ashlee said...

The only episode of arrested development I've seen...not because I didn't like it, just cuz!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

I love all the pictures! Especially the Easter shots (sorry, they're funny to a non-Mom), and the recipes look super yummy! Sounds like you're having lots of family time.

Rach said...

I am a mom who eats her feelings. Proudly?
Love this post!

Emily said...

You are the best mom ever!! You do such fun stuff with them!

SueAnn Lommler said...

I am in the "sucks to be you" crowd! Ha!
This post cracked me up for sure!!
And the Easter pics did me in. Probably did you in too??
Hugs
SueAnn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

LOL! I used to feel the "lucky" part for about the first day {well, maybe the first hour of the first day} and then it was the "sucks to be you" for the rest of the school break, Mandi! I think you are a fun Mom ~ look at all those neat things you did. They had to think that was all cool.

I see your daughter is into the hand to the face I'm-so-upset-I-can't-stand-it dramatics. My granddaughter does the same sometimes ~ either two hands over the eyes or one over the mouth. She's only 21 months old, so good times ahead!

Staci said...

I was just going to see if we could see some updated pics of "The Princess" in action! Glad to see she's staying true to form. :)

Lisa Scibilia said...

You're an awesome Meanest Mom Ever that is for sure. The lava lamp?? How fun is that - I'll have to remember it for summer fun! Isn't pizza fondue just the best?

Kim Conner said...

Oh holy heck! Pretty sure you are the most.awesome.mom.EVER! :) And I'm totally doing that glowstick-in-the-bath idea. How cool.

And thank the lord I'm not the only one who has kids that one stand in front of the camera all dolled up. :)

Have a great weekend Mandi!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I had fun just looking at all the photos. You have one lucky family. I loved the Easter melt down photos. Cracked me up.

Kassi @ Truly Lovely said...

Sounds like an entertaining April!! :) Those Easter pics cracked me up! You're right... that's how it always goes. haha

WhettenWild said...

Wow, that Easter photo shoot went about as smoothly as mine. They all look cute though!

You are the best mom!! I bet your kids are having a blast!

okdoki said...

I have three kids and if thats how my Easter photo shoot went (if I got around to it) I would totally print those up and put them on the wall. Parents get it, and non parents would see the humor I think. And be sure to show their friends. Maybe they'll smile next time. Kids, they keep life interesting.

Kimbo West said...

you can not be the meanest mom ever. cause i'm the meanest mom ever. and i'm told everyday by my 8 year old...i even went and bought her a balloon and took it to school to prove her wrong...and it worked for awhile until i had to tell her it was time to take a shower...then i went back to being mean. I should just let her stink it up.

James and Mary said...

Arrested Development!!! I think we have the same taste in tv/movies. You have also quoted my favorite movie of all time "So I Married An Axe Murderer". Hope you have a fantastic April!

The Creative Chickadee said...

Those Easter pictures remind me of mine last year. Why do I set such hi expectations in my mind for fabulous pictures. Everyone else has cool pictures is it too much for me just to have 1 year? Geesh

Arrested Development. I still watch it on Netflix.

Kelly @The Creative Chickadee

Jen said...

You are such a fun mommy!!! Luckily my boys have been busy helping Meister build a shed! They ahve yet to drive me nuts this off track! It's a miracle!!

I remember very similar photo shoots with my kids when they were all young! If it's any consolation, they DO grow out of it! (Well, mine did. Guess I can't speak for everyone). :/ I was able to get some super cute ones of my kids this year!

Don't forget...flowers....SOON! I'm SO anxious!

ashleyhall512 said...

Your blog is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! You are my kind of people...also arrested development fan! And did someone say..."Spring Break!" (Thanks for not posting THAT one!)

Rebecca D said...

Pintrest is my "crack" these days... Just sayin'

Maureen said...

Mandi,

We do the Pizza Fondue thing too but just use bread chinks. Must try the other things such as mushrooms and maybe even pineapple chunks because the husband like the Hawaiian Pizza thing. Yuck!
When I make mine I also put in some sweet Italian sausage and puree it in the food processer with the sauce before adding the cheese and heating it up in the pot.

Maureen

P.S. Love the clothes on the kids - the outfits are great! You have fabulous taste and very expressionalable kids. (Just made up my own word and you can borrowit if you want.)

Teri said...

Your kids have the funnest mom e.v.e.r. They just don't know it yet.

Kerrye said...

I tell my son that, no, I'm just a runner -up but next year I plan to at least place...

Maureen said...

Hey Mandi,

Do you know what bread chinks are? I don't because I was writing about bread CHUNKS!

Maureen