Thursday, March 15, 2012

Yeah. It's Like That.

You know what the last week has been like?

Pure awesome.

Beautiful temps for this time of year in these parts-- and we've tried to live it up by basically living outside.

Lotsa this. We are croquet nerds. NERDS, I tell you.

Also,
Lotsa this.

Whatever "this" is. ("The hat? The tricycle???")

And lots a this.

I just knew we simply had to have a long jump rope for summer.

Do you realize what awesome exercise jumping rope is? I do. . . now.

Mothers, if you're anything like me, go ahead and go potty before jumping. Empty that bladder. Just in case.

Know what I'm sayin'?

And just general, warm weather frolicking--

Sigh. It's one of those moments where everything seems kinda perfect-like.

Anywho, I know you're going to have a heart attack and die from this surprise,

but I actually changed up my mantel in honor of this awesome season. I know, I usually leave it until fall, so. . .

it's an Easter miracle!!!

I wanted a little fence on my mantel, like the one I saw here. (pssst: hers is cuter than mine. Just being honest.)

Coulda totally made this with some furring strip scraps in thee ole gay-rage, but I went the lazy route and picked one up at Lowe's.

And then I painted it "happy" blue and stamped it.


After which, I made some paper pinwheels, and since I don't have cute diddily-doodilys (although I could have gone to the Hob Lob to the "Diddily-Doodily" aisle), I used pennies for the center.


Threw some crap I had around the house to mix with my new crap,

and I have a happy mantel. Now I believe I have jinxed myself and it will snow 2 feet by tomorrow morning.

12 comments:

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

Awww, I love your mantle. I'm kind of jealous since I don't have one myself.

The weather in my neck of the "woods" has been crazy! Snow one day, sunshine the next three (right when we just happened to be on vacation!), than rainy with high windstorms the next several days, than back to snow/rain. I love that I can always tell when it's spring in Oregon. We won't have beautiful, warm weather until July so please enjoy what you've got for me please! :)

Rebecca D said...

Love the pinwheels! It all looks so cute, but the pinwheels really blow my skirt up!
We had one nice day on Monday and I put out the deck furnature and raised all the storm windows... I also dressed in spring clothes and then spent the whole rest of the week under dressed and freezing... Boo cold weather... Take the hint already...

Kristin said...

Love your blog!! Just pure awesomeness!!! :)

SueAnn said...

Now you have gone and done it!! Winter will be with us for 4 more weeks. Sigh!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your mantel looks lovely! I haven't seen the fence idea, so I'm going to check out the link you put in.

I haven't seen kids jumping rope in a long time! When I was growing up in Brooklyn we rode our bikes, played hopskotch or jumped rope a lot. Who knew we were exercising the whole time!

-Lisa said...

Heck Mandi, that looks fantastic! I love how you off centered the word 'spring' and made the letters a smaller scale than expected, really draws your eye in. I give it a 2 thumbs up!
Have a great weekend and hopefully that snow will hold off till next winter!

Emily said...

I wish I had a mantle to put awesome stuff on. Although mine wouldn't look that cool! I love the pop of the blue and the yellow. Happy spring!!

Jen said...

You are the coolest mom on the block...out jump roping with the whole neighborhood! I saw you on Wednesday as I drove by in my moldy green pickle, when I went to pick up Landon from Bridger's house. I waved, but you were too busy swinging the jump rope! ;) Where'd you get that btw? My kids would love one!

Jodie said...

Love the blue. Definitely says spring to me.

Teri said...

Looks like fun! It's 7 degrees above freezing here today, so it feels like summer in comparison to the winter weather! LOL I'm loving those springy pics! Your mantel is also super cute. The pennies are perfect for those pinwheels!

alimoll said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the mantle Mandi! Super Fab! But.....if it snow tomorrow, I'm comin' after ya! Just sayin'! ;)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Mmmkay. I woke up this morning to snow on the ground. And btw, it never snows where I live. EVER. And I totally want to put those pinwheels in my future babies nursery because those are to die for.