Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What The Daddy-o's Been Up To.

I am tellin' you,

the Mommy-o and the Daddy-o have been busting out thee most amazing projects as of late.

I simply must show you their newest completion. Must.

Remember how they bought a house by the lake?

(again, note that this is a boat by the lake, but not the house. Thank you.)

And remember that I showed you the lighthouse by the house at the lake?


Well, they've been workin' their bunsies off to give every room in that house a certain, awesome "look".

Allow me to show you their inspiration for the latest room:

Yes, friends-- a totally bad to the bone "Ship-Bed."

Hmm. There has to be a cooler name for that.
"Boat-bed".
"The Black Pearl."
"The Captain's Dingy."
"Pirate Bed". Huh.

"The Pirate Ship Revenge". Yee-hee-hee-yeah!!

"“Good night, Westley. Good work. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you in the morning."

Sorry. Getting back on track, here.

Wanna see it all built?

Oh, I'm such a tease.

Quizzed the Daddy-o on every inch of the construction. And while I could go on and on, I simply must tell you that this:

lovely, curved and fluted piece of wood is a freaking 2 by 4.

Okay. The post construction shot. Ta da.

I know, right?

See it with paint and completely finished? Oh wait, hold up.

Check out my crappy shot of the badical lanterns. They will be wired in their final resting place for bedroom lighting.

I love how the paint turned out:

And the finale. . . . drumroll please. . .

Et voila. To all my siblings: I call dibs on the Pirate Ship Revenge Room. Suckers.

21 comments:

Rebecca D said...

Wow... No way... Please tell me they are doing all of this because they have a cute little B&B with amazing theme rooms!?! It is so cool, who wouldn't want to sleep in a pirate ship bed? (at least once)

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

What a cool project and how fun for your parents to work on those projects together and lastly, I think I am old enough to be your mom!

SueAnn said...

Faaaabulous for sure!!! I love it and perfect for a house by the lake.
Hugs
SueAnn

Lisa Scibilia said...

Your kids must be so excited to go to the lake house! What awesome grandparents to have! So, so creative and fun.

-Lisa said...

OMG! That is so fun. I absolutely love the lanterns for lighting. Your Dad is so darn cute and proud. Your Mom is adorable too!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That's pretty amazing! I'd love to see it all set up in the room. I love the inspiration picture!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

You and your dad are 2 peas in a pod for sure. His house will be so fun. I have those lanterns in my breakfast area. Love em. Keep the updates coming.

Katie said...

How about..."Bed Pirate Roberts"? : )

Shirley said...

Pleeaaassseee ask them if you can rent it out to special people who read you blog and think they're awesome and are not weirdos, k? Love that bed!!!

Dara Lynn said...

OMGravy! The headboard is epic! I looooove to see the unusual fabulous!

WhettenWild said...

Holy cow. That turned out so awesome. Thanks for taking pictures. I've only seen little pics on my phone. And I am so gonna race you to that room!

Evelyn said...

You are definitely a tease...I was scrolling down willing the next picture to be the one that showed me the genius!! Love it; I think you and your family are the coolest people on the planet. Or at least in Utah.

COTTAG3 said...

Oh, such a super cool bed!! Those little working lanterns on the ends are so awesome. I know we've seen you dad on your blog before but is that your mom? Seriously? She doesn't look like a grandmother, more like a sister. What a cool set of folks you got there!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I've been looking at that last pic and trying to see if I remember your mom from good ol Co. but alas, not so much. I'm sure she rocked though cuz everyone from the former Co so did!!
P.s.you and I could probably tell some awesome non rev stories...how many airports have you slept in lol.

Bon-Bon said...

I think your folks need their own show on HGTV.

beccalouise said...

your mom and dad are so cute. I really like that last picture of them smiling. they are really talented. and no you don't know me, i'm just a blog dropper inner.

kristen said...

Blah. Sometimes all that talent seems unfair! I try and try and I still can't cut a board straight. the bed is AMAZING! I love it! Nice work to your cute mom and dad!

Audra said...

OH EM GEE! Do your parents need another child? Can I puhleez be adopted by your family??? I must have a chance to sleep in this amazing bed. Fantastic job peeps, simply divine!

Teri said...

Holy smokes - that thing is fan-freaking-tastic! Props to your pops!!! :)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

This is just fan freaking tastic. I love the finish they did on it as well. Please please please show the after pictures of this room when it's all donezies.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Ummmm, could we share the bed? Because one of my favorite dreams in where I have a giant ship to climb around on and play in and sleep in and stuff, in my bedroom. But now I'm an adult, and my ceilings just aren't tall enough, and I think my HOA would have a fit if I built a pirate ship in my backyard. But if I did, Revenge would be a good name for it.