Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Pit Of Despair. . . don't even think of (*hacking cough*). . .

Warning:

this post contains potty humor.

But most of my posts containt potty humor. . . so. . . nothin' new here.

Maybe this is a good time to tell you that my family likes to joke, that when we sit down to chat (which is like, all the time-- we are chatty people), the conversation always, always turns to poo.

We like to point fingers. Blame it on each other. Truth is, it just happens (it's YOU, Monique!!!).


So, anyways.

Now that my bafroom is free of nersty carpet, the mirror is framed, and the holy light bars are removed-- in short,

it's no longer the pit of despair. ("The pit of despair. . .don't even think of. . . *cough cough* . .. don't even think of trying to escape.")

I felt it finally deserved something more.
(you can see a Blu-ray peeking out up there. Judge me. It's "Breaking Dawn", or as the hubs calls it: "Breaking The Bed.")

Yes, the door to my new-ish water closet needs, nay, deserves, a classier look. Like all the other doors up here,

it got my little door molding treatment.

Down came that freaky, totally non-working clock, (it was like, thee first purchase I made for my house. Please say you bought things at first when you had no idea what you wanted and now, you're left scratching your head, going "wha. . . ?")

and up went that 1 x 8, some crown, and some paint.

But that's not all, friends. No-ho. Remember when I tole ya that my bedroom numbers started on #2? Just out of laziness?


One of my bestest bloggy buddies, Teri, suggested that my bathroom door should say. . . and I quote:

"But shouldn't the bathroom say "Number 1 AND 2"? Hehe."

(or. . . if in the case of my poor grandmother, #3. But we won't talk about that.)

And it was then that I knew I was going to do just that.

You're a genius, Teri.

Olive it. Potty humor just never gets old.

19 comments:

Rebecca D said...

You are way too funny... At the local highschool the boys bathroom is room #12 and my husband always want to put a "&" on it... I stop him because if our daughter got detention because of us she'd murder us in our sleep... or be really, really mad, but I vote the former!
The door frames all look really, really good!

SueAnn said...

OMGEEEE1!! Breaking Dawn...love that movie...love the series!!
Just saying!
And your door looks fabulous!! And I love the tongue and cheek 1 and 2!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Attempting Aloha said...

Bee. U. Tee. Full.

But now are you obligated to change the numbers on ALL your potties to 1&2? Or have they not received the Mandi treatment yet?

Aloha,
charlie

Jennifer said...

Oh, how I love Princess Bride quotes. Almost as much as the #1 and #2 on your bathroom door.

Whimsy-ma-blog said...

Love it. Love it. Love it.

I keep thinking I need to get my blog away from potty humor, but it just keeps getting back there on it's own. Although never accompanied by cute pictures like yours. Just lots of stories involving poop and pee. (sigh)

Hayley said...

Olive it too.

-Lisa said...

So clever Mandi!! Growing up we had beach cottages and on one of the bathroom doors my grandfather hand wrote in big letters "If you gotta, this is it!".
It always made me smile.
Have a fantabulous weekend!

Pressed Petals said...

funny! we seem to talk potty talk too. the book i wrote about on my blog is WELL worth adding to your library. and i have a question for you...what is that black shelf thingy right to the left of your door way in the last photo. just curious. ;)

WhettenWild said...

I'm passing the buck to Brannon. It's Brannon I tell you! I'm not even THERE sometimes. LOL.
Love the molding. Love the 1&2. Just saw a bathroom sign on pinterest that you should put in the bathroom.

Suesan said...

Love the beefed up trim and the numbers. 1 & 2. That's awesome.

Teri said...

Ok, how excited am I that you put that idea to work!? I absolutely LOVE it! I wish I had a potty joke for how awesome I think you are. How about, "I heart the crap outta you!"? You rock, lady! :)

Emily said...

I love that you put that moulding around your doors. It is awesome! The 1 and 2 is awesome too!

Mallory said...

I love the door, Mandi, but I wish you hadn't told me what the Blu Ray was. You're a Twilight fan? I'm heartbroken.

Rebecca D said...

I keep seeing pictures from this post all over pinterest... You really are too famous for words!

beccalouise said...

i find myself thinking of possibilities of what a #3 might be but none are pleasing and so I'm trying to stop.

The Esparza Familia said...

I love it. LOVE! Did you make the Blue October lyrics sign? I love it too. Is there a tutorial for it? kristin@kristinmoran.com. THank you so much!

Audra said...

Perfect...just absolutely perfect.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

You might have the best house ever.

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

We love potty humor too. I'm glad I'm not to only woman in my 30s that still loves potty humor. Or as my husband calls it, poo humor. And he makes poo and humor rhyme. Cracks me up (Ha, cracks!) every time.