Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Let There Be Light.

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em,

'cause I'd like to celebrate our final, yes, final, lighting exchange that took place this morning.

I think. I hope. Jeff hopes. Prays.

Yes, friends-- our final boob light is gonzo. Let's break out some bevi's. Mark it in our journal.

I wish I was as cool as y'alls who go thrifting and hook themselves up with a totally awesome and cheap chandy,

but I'm just not that cool. And I don't get out much. This was a massively clearanced Lowe's number, and I couldn't pass up the price.

And ya know--


my poor, sweet hubs. It got me thinking of all the times I've requested a lighting change.

Like the time we replaced the boob light in the baby girl's bedroom for a chandy--


arms over our heads, my head in his armpit, both of us sweating profusely, cussing. . .

good times, good times.

And did I mention that the hubs did put in a light overhead in Jamison's window bed?

He loved that experience, too. He's all,

"(*Beep*), I hate this beadboard! This would be so easy if there wasn't beadboard up here. I HATE BEADBOARD!"

(I cover my kids' ears)
("Kids, don't listen. Daddy doesn't know what he's saying. He's just upset.")

So, maybe. . . we're done for now. But I couldn't help teasing him that the next chandy we replace is the one that would take a scaffold to get to.

Or maybe I just like coming up with lighting projects, just so I can hear him say, one more time,

"Did I lose a freaking nut?"

Bwhahahaha. It never gets old. (I don't know, did ya?)

I think I just lost some more maturity points.

15 comments:

-Lisa said...

First and foremost, maturity is overrated. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
I have a funny LOWE'S lighting story that seems perfect for this post. You talk about others who can strike a wicked deal on an antique light and you are happy with LOWE's because that is all you have time for....Me and my man were out "antiquing/thrifting" one day very recently and I saw a chandy that almost brought tears to my eyes (I kid you not!). My man told me the price and I was so confused....it was really affordable. After more digging, we found a LOWE's sticker on it!!! I have a new found love of LOWE's lighting.
I drop to my knees.

Lisa Scibilia said...

How exciting that you have no more boobs!!! After changing out many a light fixture over the years, my husband is currently using the trick on me that I use with my kids - saying yep, he'll get to my most recent request to replace a light, and then NEVER doing it. He's yessing me when he has no intention of doing it!!! I'm onto him. He knows I'll cave and figure out how to do it myself! Unless you want to send your hubby over?? I'm sure he wouldn't mind right?

Rach said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rach said...

Opppps spelled some things wrong there....

"did I lose a nut" that's funny stuff. : )

Rebecca D said...

I realize what I am about to tell you my end our friendship, but last summer we actually put up boob lights in two rooms... When we moved back to Maine the old 1970's builders special light fixtures in two of the bedrooms were not in functional shape... We needed a quick, cheap fix... Nothing says "quick and cheap" like a boob light y'all! Good job on making me feel inadequate to be your bloggy friend yet again! love ya!

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I happen to know a freaking awesome electrician if you ever need it.

SueAnn said...

I eve3ntually gave up and hired outside help. Ha!! Now he sighs and cusses at the bill, Then he remembers the alternative and starts loving the new light fixture.
I just love your bedtime tales...they make my day.
Hugs
SueAnn

Lori said...

He does look like he is slightly smiling in the first pic. But ow to have an electrical husband. Mine is electrically exciting I mean, but not electrically minded.

Attempting Aloha said...

My friend has two boob lights right next to each other in her living room. We laugh at them all the time. Think it's some kind of subconscious "builder" thing that makes them put them all over the place?? lol

Aloha,
Charlie

WhettenWild said...

What about your lighting change in the mudroom? Is that one already done? You guys are so quick. Wish I could get things done that fast. Nice lighting choice by the way.

Layne Bushell said...

Thanks for the laugh today! I needed that! And for the goodie you dropped by earlier. Seth is so intrigued!

jtatiana21 said...

How about little instruction on how to replace boob lights with recess lighting. It’s on top of my to do list, since none of the boobs in my house works and bulbs aren’t the problem. To my great sadness I found out last weekend that Lowes doesn’t do it :(( I could try myself with little instructions. I have cussing down, just the rest is missing :)

Teri said...

I love that light fixture! Wish we had someone around here with some electricity experience. I'm way too chicken to attempt it! Hopefully, tomorrow's new washer and dryer installation will go ok - I only have to plug those in, and that I can do! :) Thanks for the love on my blog. Can I just tell you? I am so stinkin' giddy that you put up numbers 1 and 2. That's my kinda humour! LOL!

Teri said...

I love that light fixture! Wish we had someone around here with some electricity experience. I'm way too chicken to attempt it! Hopefully, tomorrow's new washer and dryer installation will go ok - I only have to plug those in, and that I can do! :) Thanks for the love on my blog. Can I just tell you? I am so stinkin' giddy that you put up numbers 1 and 2. That's my kinda humour! LOL!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I totally bought boob lights when we moved into our house, not realizing that they were boob lights. Unfortunately, they were still a vast improvement to what was there. I've been on the hunt to replace both of them, but unfortunately my tastes surpass my wallet. And where the heck did you find your daughter's chandy, because I want 20.