Monday, March 12, 2012

Could I Buy Your Love?

The moment I saw this, I was smitten:

I was in deep smit.

An Easter Wheat Grass Centerpiece? It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I shan't give you a tutorial for your own wheat grass centerpiece-- you can get an awesome, step by step tut right here.

No need to reinvent the wheel, ifyaknowwhatI'msayin'.

You know what's awesome about these rustic boxes? They're made of cheap fence posts. Dudes, those things are a $1, for crying out loud.

Some people are geniuses.

You know what's also awesome about those fence posts? They're made of cedar. Man, I love the smell of cedar. Said it before 'n I'll say it again:
Edward Cullen's breath should smell like cedar.

I stained 'em, and it just felt like a dang shame.

You know, like when "Felicity" cut all her gorgeous locks off? Danged shame.
But they look better this way. Sanded the doo-doo out of them with Mr. Sander, and I had myself a few wheatgrass centerpieces to hand out.

And in a momentary loss of insanity (or permanent, whatevs), I filled them with soil inside the house. In my kitchen.
Don't you judge me!

Could I buy your love with one of these? Like, if I showed up on your door step with one?

Oh. Your love doesn't come that cheap, huh?

Thought for sure I'd somehow screw this all up, but. . ..

I see some sprouting, squeal! (voice rises to annoyingly high pitch)


Show you if or when they're Easter centerpiece awesomeness.

16 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

No need to buy my love with one of these....you already had it! Mine are sprouting too!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

I have grown it before, I put it in a bunch of little pots, it's so fun because when it gets too long just give it a hair cut.

WhettenWild said...

I want one!

Daddy-O said...

Mandi, That wheat is probably as old as you are - and it still sprouts! Wheat is like some sort of miracle food or something!

Janet said...

Your boxes look great Mandi! I'm so excited that you made them and to find out that you are as smitten with wheat grass as I am! Thanks for the link to my tutorial, it was super nice of you! :)

Rebecca D said...

I am now in deep smit too! Like I needed another project! I happen to have the required wood in my pile right now, for a project that never came to be last fall... I left thursday free for laundry, but if I buy everyone a package of underware and socks I could put it off! :) Centerpieces here I come!

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

These are such a great idea! A really fun way to bring some outdoors indoor, which I always love!

I'm curious to see them when they've sprouted, so I'll be sure to stay tuned :)

Attempting Aloha said...

I love grass... ;)

SueAnn said...

You did a great job on the wooden boxes. I love the stain you used. Love the dark.
Hugs
SueAnn

Suesan said...

I think it goes without saying that I can, in fact, be bought. However, it may get a little messy going through security. I just have to duplicate your awesomeness when I'm back home.

ps. I'm counting down....2 days 'til fun day!

Emily said...

What a great idea! Those will be so cute for Easter!

Gypsy Heart said...

Love them! I don't have any wood working equipment (apt here) or skills even if I had them. You're welcome to show up at my door any time! I'll trade ya a margarita or 3?

Pat

Evelyn said...

I LOVE sprouting wheat! It's so much easier than sprouting so many other things.:-) Your boxes are beautiful!

Audra said...

Uh, heck yeah you could show up with one of these babies on my door step and I would totally let you in. I might even give you four of my totally amazing lettered napkin rings in exchange...or maybe more if I can find them in another store. Just sayin'.

Teri said...

Very cool! I wanna see some sprouting pics!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Gah this is exactly what I need in my life. Ceder and nummy grass. Who needs the outdoors when I can just look at my table. I suppose that reasoning is why I have a severe Vitamin D deficiency. True story.