Sunday, February 26, 2012

Doing It All Wrong In The Bedroom.

So, um, we recently upgraded from a queen to a king mattress. . .

Oh Em Gee, people. Every time I walk past my bed, all I wanna do is belly flop onto it and bury my head in my 800 pillows.

And on a slightly random sidenote, I'm gonna let you in on a little bit of bedroom biznis. Hubs and I? We don't share the bed fairly. You know what? Instead of explaining, I'll just sketch it for you.

Yeah-- I kind of studied art in college, so I've pretty much got mad artist skills.
("it took me two hours to finish the shading on your upper lip.")

So, I'm on the right. With my head hanging half way off the bed. And then the hubs just takes his half out of the middle/my side.

I just thought you should know.

But I digress. Before I even started.

So! Anyways! When I made over the boudoir,

I always felt the need for a little sumfin' sumfin' above the headboard. A sign of sorts, perhaps.

Now, I have a sign, already.


And I still love it. The quote is from my fave song from my fave band. We should listen to it, shouldn't we? Yes, we should.

Listen while I chat.


So-- this new sign-- here's what I did. Took some left over pallet wood,
(the other half of this, to be exact)


a little bit of the dark walnut stain that's already around the boudoir, some vinyl to paint on my little message,

and we're about done, here. Sis in law cut the vinyl for me (thank you, sis in law!).

I have the best sisters in laws. They are so freaking talented/awesome/fabulous. Sisters in laws: I love ya. If I was a zombie, I would eat you last.

So what does my sign say?
"I will keep calling you to see
if you're sleeping are you dreaming
if you're dreaming are you dreaming of me"


Oh, it's the other favorite song from my favorite band. We should listen to that one too, shouldn't we?

Of course we should.
Didn't actually intend for my bedroom to be some sort of monument to Blue October or anything.

See it up there on the wall?

Yeah, baby, yeah. Hubs took one look, read it, and said,

"You're obsessed." And walked away. Maybe I am. But I'll take it down if we can share the bed.

18 comments:

Sarakenobi said...

WOW! I can't NOT sing the lyrics when I see that sign! I LOVE it! and I am incredibly jealous of a king sized bed. I have a queen and with 2 kids, 2 dogs and a cat (and a husband!) I just can't have enough space....

Layne Bushell said...

You are so cool. enough said.

Lisa Scibilia said...

Love the scale and the lyrics of this sign, and the detail on that bed!!! And of course your mad art skills! That diagram reminds me of what our bed looks like if any child happens to climb in in the middle of the night - the spread eagle in the middle with the parents clinging onto the edge for dear life!

Emily said...

Awe.Some! I am in love with both of those songs, the band and the signs!!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

What Layne said...I ditto.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

If only they were cool enough to hang out with you back stage! As for the bed, wait until you get a few years on you, there will be a big hump in the middle where nether of you sleep!

Rebecca D said...

Love the sign... Love the song!

On a separate note, I have been married nearly 21 years... Most of them blissful, especially after I learned the secret to reclaiming my half of the bed... I wait until he's asleep and then I roll over and face him and (wait for it) breathe in his face... Sometimes a lot. It seems to cause him to involuntarily roll over and I quickly claim any ground he had given up... I've even claimed his pillow from time to time...Works every time.

Jennifer said...

Holy crow, I need both of those signs. I thought you rocked before, but a Blue October fan? You're awesome!

Shirley said...

You so rock. What a totally cool sign, made from scraps. Dang. when are you coming to decorate my house??? :)

julie - eab designs said...

Love, love the sign. LOL over your stick figure drawing. We had a king size bed and changed it to a queen, after finally realizing we always both slept on one edge (quite similar to your drawing!)

Jen said...

Ah! You sleep just like I do every night! My hubby sleeps diagonally and sprawls out across the entire bed. If he's close enough to feel my body heat, he'll ask me to scoot over because he's roasting! Oh, did I mention that he insists on sleeping with the window open and the ceiliing fan on in the winter time? and the thermostat can't be above 65 during the night either. Yea, it's true. We all get frostbite when we wake up in the morning and have to get out of bed! The man is literally cold blooded, I swear! If I turn the thermostat up to 70 during the day because I'm freezing, he breaks out in a sweat. I kid you not!!

Kimbo West said...

napolean dynamite.

Maureen said...

WOW

Maureen

Amber said...

I love it. That song was all over the radio when I first started dating my husband and he loves Blue October, so it's "our" song. Not that we danced to it at our wedding, we managed to find something more grown up (to prove that we were grown up...), but it brings back lots of warm fuzzy memories.

http://www.amber-hinds.com

Casey said...

That sketch is exactly how it goes here too! I really thought I'd get more room with a king sized bed but nope, just more room for him.

MoveYourAsana said...

Ok, the drawing of the bed "sharing" completely describes my marriage too. My hubby calls it the "two-thirds rule" he is two-thirds of our combined weight so he gets two-thirds of the bed. really fair (can you hear the sarcasm???

Teri said...

It looks awesome! Plus, I'm jealous of your king-size bed. Cliff sleeps the same way Jeffrey does. I feel your pain, sista. Oh, and the Pedro quote? I think I peed a little.

Sarah and Brian said...

I wish that you would pin this to Pinterest so I could steal it and repin it.