Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Switching Teams.

This may come as no surprise,

but I might have a wo-man crush on Ana White.

I've got a half-dozen plans all lined up for the next few weeks (hopefully) or . . . months (probably).

Psst! Like this one or this one!


So. . .

what's on today's agenda? Oh, the awesomely easy-peasy book ladder-shelf.

I thought this would be purrrr-fect and very much needed in my son's room.

Yeah, I built this in my kitchen. On my kitchen island. Judge me.

I'm freezing my baguettes off out in the gay-rage. Think: Harry & Lloyd's frozen snot icicles. Serious. I'm not going out there again. And you can't make me!

Do you wanna know what's nice about this project? It's cheap, and more importantly:

it took an hour to build.

Oooorrrr, it would have,

Had I not seriously jammed the nailgun. Never fear-- my boy-toy fixed it for me. That's what he's here for. (I asked him if I could call him that from now on; he just rolled his eyes.)

Man, I love a quick project. (Unlike that time-sucking dollhouse I just completed.)
So do you wanna see it? 'Cause I love it and am sorely tempted to make another.

Voila.

Totally worth an hour (ish) of my time, right? Right?

15 comments:

Dede said...

Wow, yeah, totally worth your time!! That looks fantastic!! I just LOVE your projects.

Attempting Aloha said...

Cute!! And you can't beat a 1-hour project! :)

I've had a crush on Ana from the moment I laid eyes on her plans. She's my hero. And then some...

Aloha,
Charlie

aStarToSteerHerBy said...

You are such a woman. My husband is envious of your work. And your comment about snot-icicles made me think of this: http://lolzombie.com/1463/frozen-boogers/

Celeste Lux said...

Awesome! Nothing sexier than a handy man, or woman in my opinion. Just sayin'

kathi @ traybella said...

hi mandi, just found your blog via pinterest (like i needed another addiction). love your blog! love that you keep it real and are a girl that knows how to use powertools! added myself as a new follower. just wanted to say hello and look forward to hanging with you in the new year!
cheers!
kathi
traybellakc.blogspot.com

julie - eab designs said...

Love this! We are all about children's books here. I could cover an entire room with a project like this.

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

cute!!! And even better that it didn't take a long time to make. I love projects like that. Can't wait to see what else you've got planned!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Love it! And the added molding! When you make another one, can I have it?

Chrissy said...

I love it! Do you think if I built this then my 2 1/2 year old may be more inclined to put all her damn books away because more than once just this week I have wanted to have a good old fashioned book burning in the yard.

Chrissy said...

I love it! Do you think if I built this then my 2 1/2 year old may be more inclined to put all her damn books away because more than once just this week I have wanted to have a good old fashioned book burning in the yard.

Maureen said...

Mandi,

Is this resting on the wall or attached to it somehow? All the kids I know would try to climb this book or no books.

Maureen

P.S. You are one gifted lady and WHERE is the dollhouse?

Anne said...

Mandi - great project! And the dollhouse? Wanna see!!!

Leca said...

I love it! You rocked that!

Teri said...

OMG! You are a carpentry god! This would be perfect for craft storage...think I could build one as a beginner? (PS: I recently bought a Skil Saw. SOOOOOO much fun. I'm going to post the wardrobe project I did recently...ummm, soon. Like really soon. Just straight cuts, but you'd be proud!)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

An hour?!?! That's amazeballs. You're totally my building inspiration.