Sunday, December 25, 2011

Queue The Cheesy Christmas Music.

I think Paul McCartney's "Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas Time" song will suffice. Play that in your head--

'cause I have a few things to say about today.



I want you to know,

that I am big, huge, on the holiday breakfast.

I want you to know that we've got Christmas treats coming out of our heehaws.

I want you to know that it's not a White Christmas here. So clearly, this is not today.

And I'm the weenee who's secretly glad. Don't be mad at me.

I want you to know that a super duper awesome friend whipped me up a pipe chimes holder.

And personally, I thought our "Christmas Bells" were the shizzle last night.

I also want you to know that I am in amazement of how long it takes to prepare for Christmas morning,

and how quickly there's a path of destruction in it's wake.

I want you to know that we are on not our first, or second, but our FOURTH, edition of the board game "CandyLand".

We (and I say "we" meaning my children) have a talent for board game massacre.

And finally,

I wanna say Merry Christmas. And if I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night.

17 comments:

Lesley said...

Merry Merry to you too! The last image...she's gonna kill you someday for publishing it!!!!! LOL!

M Mommy to 4 said...

I'm SO glad to hear that we're not the only ones working on our third or fourth edition of Candyland! Merry Christmas!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Merry Christmas Mandy! Hope y'all have a fantastic day!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Oh gosh that last pic made me giggle. I love it, but you know she is gonna be so mad at you when she is 13. We weren't suppose to get any snow. We have inches and it is still snowing and I live in the SOUTH! Drought all summer and snow all winter. Go figure. Merry Christmas.

homespun1 said...

loving the pics!! what type of camera?

Tanya said...

Merry Christmas! I'm looking forward to your antics/projects in 2012!

Janelle said...

Love your blog. Love that it made me smile (and laugh really). Love that someone elses house gets destroyed too.

Emily said...

Merry Christmas!! I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Just wanted you to know that when I saw your Christmas bells, I had to have my own set. So hubby whipped some up on Christmas Eve day. They were the hit of both family Christmas parties we attended. A new Christmas tradition in our family for sure. And now I need a bell holder like yours now. Just need to find someone willing to sew one up for me.

SueAnn said...

Merry Christmas...ours was very very white...23 inches of the yucky white stuff some fondly call snow!!!!
We did have a wonderful day though and the grandson enjoyed the snow immensely!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Shirley said...

My daughter asked for Blokus and SkipBo. We played Blokus yesterday, and I was immediately hooked! Nice to see that your livingroom looked like mine! Looking forward to hangin' with ya in 2012 girl!

Pressed Petals said...

Merry Christmas Mandi!

Dede said...

You are always so on the ball with your blogging! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

Carrie G said...

Your last photo is my favorite of the season...even over any of my kid pics! Merry Christmas!

LE FITNESS- Pilates and Personal Training said...

I love the last picture of your daughter!! It will be great blackmail material when she starts driving you crazy as a teen.

Teri said...

Merry Christmas! Little Missy sure has grown! :) Cutie!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I hope Christmas was a blast for you guys! It sure looks like it, your kids are so lucky.