Friday, December 30, 2011

Party On Wayne. Party On Garth.

Dudes,

it has been party time around these parts. My sister (a.k.a. my BBFF) and the hubs (a.k.a. my boy-toy) have been around all week long, baby.

Party time. Excellent.

And since I was feeling fat and sassy (emphasis on the "fat"), I've planned a New Year's Eve Extravaganza.

(I've always wanted to do this.)

Can I tell you about it? How you humor me.

We-he-hell, it's an appetizer's night, for one. I'll probably be making a little a theeeeese.



Bingo. Because you can't have a lame NYE party without Bingo, can you? I mean, really.

Did you know I'm a big fan of awesomely craptastic (emphasis on the "crap") prizes?

Players really could win this fabulous prize.

Or this "Cake Knife". I'm pretty sure it couldn't cut room temperature butter. And that's what makes it so fabulous.

Noise makers? The kind that make you want to tape your kids' mouths shut? Mais oui.

So what else is on the agenda? A discotheque. A flash mob. (Seriously. Should we do Britney's "Hit Me Baby" or "Gonna Make You Sweat"? I'm stumped.) And. . .THE DRINKING GAME. (It's epic.)

And! Totally! Totally cheap and disappointing fireworks.

(psst. . . get free NYE printables here)
If you're in my fam-dam, and I invited you to this party, you better come. I will take it as a personal affront if you don't.

Similar to if you rang my doorbell, and without a word when I answered punched me in the gut. Or the hubs in the junk.

But, you know, no pressure.

9 comments:

Teri said...

Hi, Mandi! I've been away from blogland for quite a while and I have a TONNE of TFTT to catch up on! Hopefully I'll get to all of the posts I've missed...

It looks like your party's going to be epic! I would love to win that little pool-set. Then I'd make Cliff play with me. And take pictures of it so that it looks like we are giants surrounding a normally-sized pool table. Maybe we'd even wear tiny hats.

Clearly I have too much time on my hands.

Can't wait to see your party pics!

jessiepie said...

I am pretty sure we would be best friends in real life! You make me laugh all the time! Thank you for that! Jess

Shirley said...

I seriously think I need to be in your fam. Adopt me? :D
Have an awesome time at your parr tahhh!!

Maureen said...

Mandi,

Those appetisers are to die for!!! I'm still stuffed from dinner and they are making me want to eat again! What exactly are they and I know that one is a cheese ball but the rest? I thought about making veggie pizza with Pillsbury cresent rolls and the ranch/creamcheese dressing on top with the fresh veggies but I'm not sure. We are going to see Jeff Dunham in the afternoon and having roast chicken for dinner but from there I haven't made up my mind.
I love your blog and read nearly every day so please don't change a thing! If I had to pick one project you did this year the one I liked the most is the door/shutters in the family room in the basement.
I wish you and your family the best year ever in 2012.

Maureen

Janelle said...

Dude, I wish I was part of your fam-dam because I need me a cake knife just like that.

Happy New Year!

SueAnn said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful exciting celebration planned,
Me and hubs going out to dinner with friends. That is it! Not so exciting!
Happy New Year
Hugs
SueAnn

Emily said...

That sounds like a way fun party! I'm sure you guys will have a blast!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Aw girl, this looks like it was a blast! We did New Years at a friend's house and I ate far too many meatballs and pizza and danced on the Kinect all night. Everyone was getting mad at me because I've got the moves and was beasting everyone. I was trying to explain to them that all the moves are on counts of 2, 4, or 8, so just expect that and synchronize it with the changes in the song. They were confused.

WhettenWild said...

Awesome PAR-TAY! WOOT. Pretty sure I need to stick around another week to clean your house after that one.

Good food. Good times........and even good fireworks.