Wednesday, December 7, 2011

If I Had A Million Dollars,

I'd buy you a fur coat. But not a real fur coat; that's cruel.

Let me 'splain--

After the whole hardwood flooring gigantor project/debacle,
I was sooo tired. I tole ya before that there a few times in my home-owning life that I've not wanted to do one thing ever again.

This was one of those few times.

After the massive Thanksgiving cooking/cleaning/set up was over, I tole the hubs I wasn't doing one thing. Nada, zippo. Hope everyone has a couple extra pairs of clean underwear.

And in less than one day, I said,

"Dude, I am like, totally bored."

To which the hubs replied,

"That's because you're a busy-body."

Gee, thanks, hon. I guess.

Anyhow- after 2 more days a being tooootallly booooored. . . I also realized I felt devoid of smokin' hot awesome ideas, too.

And then I was even more boreder. (it's a word.)

Betwixt talking to the Daddy-o (who may be the only person on the planet who has more ideas than me AND doesn't laugh when I tell him my crazy ideas) and Pinterest,

I'm happy to say that I am brimming full of ideas and non-boredness.


It's nice to feel like "me" again.

Allow me to share with you? IF I had a million dollars? And a million, un-interrupted (i.e., "Mom come wipe my bum", "Mom I need a pencil", "Mom I'm scared will you come down to the basement with me", "Mom where are my SOCKS?") hours?

Thank you so much, you're very kind.

First off-- a new, fabulous, molding-covered entryway is in my future.
Source: bing.com via Mandi on Pinterest


I'll start with the music room, and work my way on over to the living room. . .


Turning my son's door into a hidden door/bookshelf?


It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.

This:


would already have a home in my basement. Not because it doesn't belong in a more viewable area, but because that's the only darn wall space I have left.

What is it with me and bookshelves?

And finally, I've saved the best for last. Told the hubs I'd do this in like, a decade.

("Decade" in Mandi language means more like 2 months. Maybe less.)

Surely you remember my pantry? Of course ya do.


And let us all cry sweet, sweet tears of joy that that carpet is GONZO.

Well, if you haven't visited me, then you might not know that behind said pantry,

is this awesomely odd walkspace.
Now, here's what I propose:

Can you see me knocking out the wall that my "old door" is on? Extending my pantry? Making it a WALK-IN pantry?

CAN YOU SEE IT? IT'S BREAHTAKING!

Allow me to show you my inspiration, from the awesomestestest pantry ever:



Tell me you don't love this. Tell.me.you.don't.love.this:


I dare you. I'll frame in a new wall, and it will have a window, and and and and. . .

Whew. Better stop now due to near pants wetting purposes.

20 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Dude, you'll SO have this done by new years! I know you will! I can't wait to see it! :)

Jessie K said...

Oh. My. Word. Let us have moment of silence before this awesomeness!

Okay now, let's get ready to rumblllllllllllllllllllllllllle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good grief, girl. When you get yours done, please come here and do one for me!

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

do it now!!!

Shirley said...

Can you hear me screaming all the way to your house? Seriously?? I would LIVE in that pantry!!!! I've NEVER seen anything like that, and I am in serious envy now, that you can and will do it. You're not planning on ever moving, right? :)

Jennifer said...

Ok, I don't post comments often, but this is the most aweseomest of awesomest awesomes I have ever seen in my entire life! Can I please come live in your pantry? Oh my, that doesn't sound very nice, does it...and yet the desire is still there! I LOVE that pantry!

Crafty Cousins said...

Drool...
I want it. And the bookshelf. And your whole house.
Love it!

Donna @ Loopy Loop Creations said...

Wow! Just wow! I would never leave the thing!!! Ok, maybe to stand across and stare at it! That is one of the coolest things I think I have ever seen!

Banaghaisge said...

Great idea, I always thought the pantry door, whilst fabulous, overwhelmed the space. Extending the wall into the odd corridor will be perfect. Maybe part of it could be linen closet so you aren't needlessly just buying food 'to fill the space'. Have a beaut Christmas, I imagine you're will be snowy, and mine will be high summer and 100*!!!

What's next said...

I have saved the same picture because I have pantry envy and I really really want the old screen door going into my pantry...

COTTAG3 said...

I have seen that pantry and it is the most awesomeness of pantries ever....until yours is done.

calikas said...

let me start off by saying I read the title of your blog, clicked on it, looked away while it loaded and sang the line "I would buy you a fur coat...but not a real fur coat thats cruel" and then looked at your post to read and was oh so pleasntly surprised in our alikenss.

and OMG that pantry is amazingness. DO IT.

Libby said...

wow that is some pantry! (Jennifer it is only awkward if you mis-spell it) I swear it is the size of my kitchen!

The bookcase gave me a severe case of the drools though, wow would I love to have THAT. Also in my basement due to a shortage of wall space.

You go girl!

Bon-Bon said...

When you finish this next project, please have a "pantry warming" party and I swear {sorta kinda} that Shell and I will road trip out to attend. Your ideas are "mandi-nificent!"

Bethany @ A Fish Who Likes Flowers said...

First of all, you are so awesome! I can't wait to see how things translate from the pictures you shared to the actual finished product. I'm sure I'll be amazed.

Second, I'd like to thank you for putting things into perspective for me. I'm always so busy with crazy crafting projects, but I don't think I'd have the patience/energy/vision to accomplish the projects that you've shared. But I can dream and maybe someday I can make a big project happen. So thank you for your inspiration.

And third, I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas :)

SueAnn said...

Now that is a pantry for sure!! Wow!
I heard the angels sing!!
Love your floor!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

If I had a million dollars...
Well, I'd buy you an exotic pet
Yep, like a llama or an emu

and maybe that pantry. truuuuue wove.

Cathy said...

OHHH MYYY GOODNESS! It's like a play house, for BIG girls! I love it and am racking my brain trying to figure out wher I can put one. Good luck, cant wait to see yours.

Peter and Sammie said...

After you finish putting up your version, will you come over to my house? Pretty please!!!

Nopinkertons said...

I have to say, I am amazed and impressed at the endless projects you find to do in your (already gorgeous) house. Meanwhile, I can't even find a place to hang pictures in my house....Clearly, I do not come close to dreaming big enough.

Can't wait to see the finished pantry.

Teri said...

Holy crap - that IS awesome! I loved your pantry before...can't wait to see how you expand it!! :)