Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Crap Happens.

Just so you know,

this

sweet little moment, was just seconds before my youngest dropped a deuce. And the tub cleared out faster than you can say "floating Baby Ruths". Yes. Plural.

This

photo was taken days before a few crazy boys ran up and down my hall, slammed a few doors, and

then this

happened. You break my mirror, I break you.

This

was cooking out of my old Betty cookbook again. This was moments before my son said "Ew, these taste salty." I figured he was messing with me.

This

was how they turned out. And right now, houaaaa, I'm trying really hard not to. . . houaaaa. . . dry heave just thinking about them. . . Houaaa. . . .

Have you eaten Play-Doh before? Come over and have one of these cookies.

And finally,

this

was moments before my youngest waddled out of the pool and into the hot tub. I watched her, followed her, but was just barely short of grabbing her,

before she tried to drown herself in the middle of the hot tub.

This

is a mommy who had (past tense) zero intentions of getting wet at this pool trip. Cell phone in my pocket was 1 inch, 1 inch! away from ruin. Shoes took 2 days to dry.

I chafe.

Just thought you'd like to know.

17 comments:

Janelle said...

Yep. Those are the things that make life interesting. What would we do without kids? Relax, that's what.

SueAnn said...

Ha! I had to chuckle about this post! Yes crap does happen for sure. Glad you all survived!
Sorry about your mirror...that sucks for sure!!
Hoping for a more peaceful week for you
Hugs
SueAnn

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Sorry for all the bad things, but I needed a smile this morning. Your life is never dull my friend.

Karen said...

Girl, You need to move next door to me so we can hold each other up thru the insanity!

Suesan said...

No amount of make believe is ever as unbelievable as real life can be. You are in the trenches, that's for sure. Would it make you feel better if I told you this was the easy part? No? Okay. I won't tell you that. "This is the hardest it gets. Just wait until they are older. It's sooooo much easier."

I hope that helps. :D

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Oh snap. That's all I can think to type in response to that. I chuckle though quietly to myself when my husband talks about wanting kids now because he is clueless about what a mess they can cause.

Lauren said...

I love reading your blog-- you always make me laugh! :)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Had to dive in the hot tub for my dear little one too. Clothes and all. We were at a hotel pool with lots of spectators. What mothers won't do, right?
Brooke

Leca said...

I'm smiling to myself because I've so been there.

You don't scare me-- I already have kids. :)

I love it!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ahhhhhh life with kids. Never a dull moment!

Dharma said...

speaking from experience, you can actually tally up the damage and equate it mathmatically to how many boy children you have in your home...I'll send you the formula :)

casandraway84 said...

oh the ol' deuces in the tub trick. I've been through that one before and there's almost no worse feeling in the bathroom. I'm glad I'm not the only mom with kids that doe that! Thanks for the real life post!

ECoop said...

Beyond hilarious! I loved the way you posted this too!
I'm getting ready to have a baby boy and am ready for the broken mirrors, and such.......I think. :)

WhettenWild said...

Wow, never dull around there eh? I know the feeling.

Emily said...

I feel better that I am not the only one that this stuff happens too.

The Miller Five said...

Sorry to laugh at your expense, but it's been a really tough week and I needed the chuckle. I'm a new follower. I found you through I Am Momma's blog. Funny stuff!

Teri said...

LOL Love this post. :) Glad Little Missy was ok!