Thursday, October 27, 2011

Meanwhile.

Meanwhile, while I wrestle the stairs and stare and stare at them, trying to figure out what the H I've done,

framing them with thumb and forefinger, pausing to let the tension mount, and then saying, "I don't like them. Send them back." ,

I thought I'd let you know, that it's that time again.

The time I drag my butt munches outside to take their annual, Christmas mantel picture.

'Tis the 4th annual picture snapping, to be exact. Sniffle.

And one day, when I'm old and gray, I'll make this massive collage of all my little punksuckers to display on the mantel.

And then because my children are grown up and gone, I'll sob uncontrollably and wipe the snot from my face, with a few toots here and there. Because, you know, I'm old and it happens.

Anywho, I'd like you to know that I take about 20 or so pictures of each kid. And most turn out like this.

And this.

Or this.


And I save 'em all. 'Cause you may not know this, but I love pictures. Old pictures, new pictures-- kind of a picture/memory freak, here. (Oh, I've only said that 4,538 times? )

And yet-- I have a scant handful of pictures displayed in my home.

If you follow me on Pinterest, then you know I'm on the hunt for a fabulous photo gallery wall idea.

Well, as I sifted through this new round of traditional winter pictures, I saw it in my mind's eye:


'Mmm hmm.



Yep. I love it already and it ain't up on the wall. You know, like this fab idea that floats around pinterest?

Source: my-mania.eu via Mandi on Pinterest



And they can be hung above the stairs.

At least there'll be something I like about the stairs.

14 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Oooh I hadn't seen that pinterest idea! that's brilliant!!! those pics you took are going to be amazing!!!

SueAnn said...

Love the pics!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Maybe it will draw your eye away from the stairs and to the pictures?? Love that idea - kind of like a photo booth effect? Speaking of which, I really think you need to build a photo booth in your house somewhere. Right????? I know you won't disappoint me Mandi!

Shirley said...

Oh, I love the Pinterest pic. And those stairs. Yours are going to look like that when you get done, right? All that lovely wood and stuff. Wish I had stairs. And a mantel. And a Mandi to build stuff for me. So don't be surprised when Santa shows up and tells you to get in the bag, K?

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I think that will be a great idea. I don't know why you don't like your stairs though. I think they look good. Maybe add a bunch of molding to them. You love molding.

Jill said...

*gasp!* That's AWWWesome!

Emily said...

That is such a cute idea! I love it! And your pictures are beautiful.

Char @ Crap I've Made said...

This is the kind of project that makes me wish my house had some walls instead of a crap load of windows.

Staci said...

Swear to God, I was JUST going to link this pic to you on Pinterest...when you were showing your pics I was thinking "I have to send the one on Pinterest to her as an idea" but you already found it!!! Isn't that the coolest!!!???
Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Bethany said...

I love that idea. You'll make it happen with those awesome pictures of your kiddos!

By the way, long time lurky, first time commenter. :)

Bethany said...

Long time lurky? By golly, I've made up a new word.

Should have said 'lurker'. Sorry. :)

WhettenWild said...

Oh they are so cute! Especially the one of Johnny when he was 1. I sure miss your kids!

calikas said...

Looooove that idea!

Its great.

Did I mention I love your photography skillz? Oh I already said that like 4,538 times? okay :)

Rochelle said...

OMG!!! I have loved this photo group ever since I saw this movie years ago - but havent figured out how to do it within my budget! Thank you so much for sharing - this is a great idea!!!