Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When life gives you lemons, squeeze them in other people's eyes.

I had to do it--

everyone's doing it this year. And besides, we've got so many scraps in our garage these days, we can barely park our cars.

And that's sad, 'cause we have a 4 car garage. And only 2 cars.

What the H am I talking about? Well, thanks for asking.

I'm talking about this totally fugly piano bench I've made here.

Not really.

I am in love with people's totally, awesomely cute lemonade stands.

I would like to take this moment to tell you how totally fun and easy peasy this project was. Plumb? Square? Level? Pshaw. Who cares? It's a kids' lemonade stand. That's my kind a project.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to tell you how much I love having a drill and a driver, now. How did I live without these two tools, side by side?

And so, the redneck piano bench got a bit of a skirt, if you will.

At least it's a modest redneck piano bench.

And then, a coat of paint, some stripes that I totally, like, free-handed,
(with the help of some painters tape, a level, and a measuring stick)

and massive amounts of scrap molding I have here and there. I swear, the scraps, man-- they're like gremlins, and they multiply overnight.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking? This little lemonade stand needs a top, don't it?

Of course it does.

I sure hope some neighbor kids will use this. You know, so it can be used more than like, once.


Ta Da.

Seriously, one of my crappiest funnest projects ever.

And now I must leave you with some hysterical quotes via the interweb, on life and the giving of lemons:







So. . . head on over here for a little glass of the yellow juice, won'tcha? That didn't sound right.

Linked to Ze Shabby Nest Frugal Friday.


19 comments:

kj said...

We have been doing lemonade stands for 6 years or so. Never in such a cute stand though. But I digress. We have sold some very crappy lemonade in the past and I have felt badly about that. Finally this year I have figured out how to do the lemonade stand. Go to WinCO and get Newman's Own Lemonade. It is absolutely delicious! It is about $1.60 and you can get 7 glasses or more out of that. So anything you over 23 cents a glass is profit. It is best to have the kids reimburse you for the Lemonade so that they understand how a real business works but I can never bring myself to do that. Lemonade stands entertain kids for hours they are great!

SueAnn said...

Is that like, "Stay away from the yellow snow?" Ha!!
Great quotes
And I love your lemonade stand...very cool!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Suesan said...

Back in the day, Hubs built a lemonade stand for the kids. One day, the two youngest (being all cute-ish and waving at the cars as they drove by) hauled in about $25. The daughter thought it was easy money, so she went down to sell and made about $15 bucks. Then the oldest had to get in on the action, but he only made about $10. It was a great little money maker, that stand. Yours is A.Dor.A.Ble. Put those kids' cuteness to work. Remind them to wave at people. It works every time.

Chiemi said...

That is the cutest lemonade stand I have ever seen.

Janelle said...

My kids need you for their mom- seriously. They ask if they can sell lemonade and I say, "NO". Of course they ask ask the weirdest times... Christmas eve, Sunday afternoons, when everyone is at school, when we are on vacation...

Lisa said...

I DONT WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS!!
Wow that felt good.
You have me laughing out loud AGAIN :)

Whimsy-ma-blog said...

That came out so cute! And I LOVE the posters.

Whimsy-ma-blog said...

That came out so cute! And I LOVE the posters.

Dede said...

That is the cutest lemonade stand EVER! I would buy a lot of lemonade from a kid sitting there.

Laura @ Laura's Crafty Life said...

I keep seeing these lemonade stands all over blogland. Super cute! I might have to make a makeshift one for our yard sale this weekend - I am thinking cardboard box and some posterboard! :)

Veronica said...

I'll have to come back and read this post again after I've had more than 0 hours of sleep in the night. I'm pretty sure I laughed an abnormal amount at this post. Seriously, I couldn't pass this stand up and not stop.

Udygirl said...

Love the Lemonade stand! It's so stinkin cute :D

Dharma said...

LOL - very cute stand.

"Due to a mix up in Urology this morning, we will not be serving apple juice in the comissary."

Emily said...

I hope you got a lot of lemonade, because people are going to stop just because of the stand. That is so cute! I bet your kids are way excited about that!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Hahaha "hey, free lemons" that's my fav! LOVE your lemonade stand! Too cute!

Layne Bushell said...

Great! Thanks for doing all the hard work...now can we borrow it? Totally kidding! Love it!

Teri said...

That is awesome! You will share photos of the kids hawking lemonade, yes? Also - in the winter? That could double as a super-cool puppet theatre. Just throw some curtains on that badboy and set the kids loose with some socks on their hands. Presto. Instant kid-distracter. You're welcome. ;)

Theresa said...

It reminds me of Lucy from Peanut's Psychiatrist booth. "Psychiatric Help 5 cents" So cute. And yeah idk if it snows at all where you live but it would be kind of cool to take photos with in the snow as well as in the summer!

My siblings and I decided to have a lemonade stand once... I dont think we sold a single cup. Our street just didn't get enough traffic.

WhettenWild said...

It turned out So cute. And I seriously can't believe how much $$ the kids made.