Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer Days, Drifting Away, To Oh, Oh the Summer Nights.

Just so you know what we've been up to lately,

besides building. And nailing. And painting.

You must know that I freakin' love summer.

If summer were a man, I would marry it.

And Mr. Summer would be hot.


And this summer's a bit spee-ecial, since my eldest and my niece were baptized together:

Awwww. Sniffle.
And ya know,

I just might regret dressing my son in a pimped out peach suit for such an occasion. Might.
And for the record, no one knows how to smile for pictures past the age of 4 in my family.


Anywho,

there's been cousin time.

Lots of awesome cousin time. The aforementioned Pirate Treasure Hunt:

After which we all did the Truffle Shuffle.

(Note to self: kids don't want socks. No kids want socks.)

And for this year's ride-fest, we bit the bullet and took our little ones.

And I'm so glad we did. Wow. What a delight my baby girl was. Pure joy.

She spread her joy wherever she went.


Yep.

Summer can stay here as long as it dang well wants to, as far as I'm concerned.

15 comments:

Meghan said...

Congrats on your son & neice being baptised. A very special time, glad they were able to share it together.
I remember my baptism & the fact that water was ice cold & my feet kept coming up. Finally my uncle just stood on them. LOL

Dara Lynn said...

Congratulations on the kids' baptism! I had to go get Jerry to show him your little girl's pictures on the rides.....my belly hurts from laughing! Those 2 pics are precious!!!!!!!

Layne Bushell said...

You've done so many fun things. We've done nothing! Though it seems summer just started for us and it's almost over!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I love that wide angle shot of the tidal wave! Your little one's face cracked me up. Geezsh, what a baby! Happy Happy Joy Joy! :)

Emily said...

Looks like you guys have been having a great summer! I am jealous of the pirate scavenger hunt. That just looks like good clean fun. BTW did they have to play the bones to find another clue?

Rach said...

Ok, so I have that exact same picture (same hair color too!) on the boat ride when I was that age, with my older brother!!

It was because he wouldn't let me ring the bell. I wonder if it's the same reason she's mad too!? : )

Love the pics.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Congrats on the baptism. Always fun to share it with someone you love. Absolutely love the pics of your baby girl, she looks happy to be there for sure. She will love those when she gets older.
Brooke

Janelle said...

Love love love the post. You make everything funny.

I really don't want summer to end either. really. We have another month-ish. how about you?

bonniegetchell said...

love the Grease reference :) beautiful pictures, too!

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
http://bonniegetchell.blogspot.com

Mommybreath said...

How funny. My kids refer to the first pic (when it happens here)as the "God light". Yeah. Not sure where they got that one. Your daughter is beautiful, all-be-it a pain. Hug her, I don't like every ride either, 'specially without my nap.

Lori said...

Aren't you so glad you had that precious little girl thrown in the mix. Congrats on the Baptisms. Special family times.

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

Congrats on the baptisms! Isn't summer the best? Love that you guys are enjoying it, I could just feel the fun from looking at your pictures (esp that one of all the cousins super excited!)

WhettenWild said...

Thanks for entertaining us!! I love all of your pictures!

Teri said...

Looks like you're having a fabulous summer! The pics of little Missy-Dolly are hysterical. Totally crying out for funny captions.

Rebecca D said...

I LOVE summer too!! In Maine summer is just about all we have to brag about... Awesome, amazing summers followed by awesome amazing autumns... Oh, wait, that's right we have awesome falls too... But our summer are truly amazing. LOL.
(PS... Hi I'm back... Are you still speaking to me?? How about if I say I'm sorry??)