Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Sun Is A Mass Of Incandescent Gas.

Me and the sun. . .

we're besties. Happiness and sun are interconnected for me.

And since the sun hasn't showed it's face here in days, I thought I'd live vicariously.

See, Tracy's having a photo party,

and this was one I definitely didn't want to miss.

Even if my sunflare abilities might be a tad lacking.


But there's just something so. . . je ne sais quoi about sunflare, n'est pas?

I mean, the sun high up in a blue sky?

Makes me forget about that frigid December morning and my ice cold fingers.

And a crowded amusement park with lotsa trashy people? (if you are in this picture I DIDN'T MEAN YOU. I meant, um, everyone else. . . )

Pure.Summer.Magic, people. Magic.

A trip where my kids were brats, went to bed hours late, and woke up at the butt crack of dawn?

Nah. The whole trip was purrrfect. The picture shows so.

So much junk food eaten and spin-y rides taken that the 6 year old puked half the night afterward?

Pshaw. No, it must have been perfectly enchanting for everyone. 'S what I love about pictures-- remember what you want and leave the rest.

Sigh. Yep. I'm ready for a real spring.

Garden's ready, too. In my neck of the woods, mother nature deserves a kick to the throat.

But that's just me.

Now where's my hoodie and long johns?

10 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

You have the best photos and words to go with them. The sun in the cabin pic is cool. I like how it has an rounded orange line below it. Are you going to link the party??? Please do. Did you know your garden was featured at Someday Crafts last week? The sunflare in that pic is awesome.

Halls Huddle said...

I'm with you- totally ready for spring! What's with all this rain? Mother Nature got us mixed up with Seattle. I love your garden, BTW. I smile every time I drive by it and can't wait to see what pops up in it.

Shirley said...

Well, I would say come my way for some summer, but rain is in the forecast and the yard at the moment. :( And I'm so disappointed that there are no beauteous flowers abloomin' from the garden pot! Ooopsss, just saw a little lightnin' to go with the rain, soooo see ya!

Mommybreath said...

...a gigantic nuclear furnace...
Yep. Sun is good. :)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

That first shot reminded me of that SNL skit. Bum Looker! I love the shot of the airplane ride. I miss when my kids were little enough to fit in those. How's the garden growing?

Emily said...

Beautiful pictures. And I completely agree, We need some sun!

WhettenWild said...

I've got a good solution for you. Come visit me again! No rain since Feb 1st.

I wish I could take pictures as well as you can.

Ann Marie | white house, black shutters said...

Be careful what you wish for... we had 50 degrees on Monday and BAM! 95 on Tuesday and today. My poor kids in our AC-less car looked like they just took a dip in the pool they were so sweaty.

Beautiful sun flare! It's one of my favorites :)

annie valentine said...

You know what would have made that trip even better? That's right baby, a Mazda 5.

Lisa said...

Holy macalandy,
how I abhor amusement parks, and love your photography! That last one is gorgeous - a framer - and that first one - :) :) We all have those photos of the butts don't we? So cute.