Friday, May 13, 2011

Smells In Here.

Perhaps you remember Step 2 of project "Untrashify the Master Bedroom"--

finally utilizing my gorgeous bed the daddy-o made for me many moons ago.

I wanted this baby white. And the hubs didn't.

It almost came to fisticuffs. Guns were drawn. Seriously ugly contention there, man.

He's all, "White? WHITE??"

And I'm all, "Do you have a problem with that bro-chacho?"

And he's all, "White can suck it."

And I'm all, "Dude you better watch your junk."

Not really. It went more like this:

"So you reaaaally want it stained? Like, realllly? REAAALLY? Sigh. Fine. . . but can I stain it really dark?" He's an X-Box and I'm more an Atari, see.

Best wife ev-er! You owe me big time, Jeffrey!

Anywho, I thought the contrast of really dark and all that white might be intellesting.



And so I got to work, and my dark walnut bed was born. Stained and shellacked this baby every day this week.

Took up all my space in the gay-rage and kicked me out, actually.


This might have been the point where I was all
hopped up on stain fume goofballs.

And so, this is what I had earlier this week, (gratuitous jump-roping 3 year old)

And now. . . .

Ta Da.

Do I love my bed? Does a one-legged duck swim in circles?

Many thanks to the Daddy-o for such a beautiful present.

Olive it. It might look like it takes up the entire boudoir. It does. 'nt. Well, okay fine it mostly does.

What kind of an idiot does all white bedding? With 4 little gooey, nersty punks?

I gotta live my dream. Live and learn the hard way, but live, nonetheless.

AAahhhh.

If I'd had my pants just a little less on fire, and could actually wait a minute, or a day or two, my whole room wouldn't smell like fumes.
It's worth it, baby.

Behold my view from my side of the bed!

I now pronounce Step 2 ("There's so much we can do!") complete.

And note to self: pull up pants before jumping on bed. Thankyouverymuch.

19 comments:

Pressed Petals said...

talk about a bed! wowowowow! love it. i have all white with liitle kids, not much of a problem. again wow!

Shirley said...

Love, love, love it!!!! It looks seriously medieval. You know, damsel in fluffy barely there lingerie, dark, brooding hero framed in the doorway?? Yeah, I know the kid sleeping in the middle of the bed totally ruins the mood, but go with me, ok? Seriously, the dad did an awesome job, and so did you!

calikas said...

lmao to "does a one legged duck swim in circles" haha i'm stealing that.

The bed is absolutely gorgeous!! The dark wood, with the bright white sheets looks amazing.

Emily said...

The bed is beutiful! I love it! It looks good dark. And I love the white. You are very brave and awesome to go with white.

Rach said...

You done stained it good.

Beautiful bedroom!

Make Me Over said...

It looks beautiful! And as I always say, have the biggest bed you can fit into your room!

Sylvia said...

So gorgeous!!! Holy Cow!!! Those are some mad woodworking skills and the staining is fantastic. Turns out dark was the right choice, wasn't it?

Now about those kitchen cabinets...

WhettenWild said...

It turned out fab! I like the white with the dark.

Wish I had a bed JUST like that. ;);)

Layne Bushell said...

You made the right choice! I'm a white kinda girl also, but there are times when wood should be stained...I think this is one of those times. Looks absolutely amazing!

gina3 said...

That's an amazing bed next to an amazing window seat view. I love the all white bedding on the dark wood. If it gets dirty, a little bleach and it'll be all white again. (it would have looked awesome white too :) What is it about guys and painting wood? I don't get it.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful bed! Your dad is the BEST!!!!!!
And that last picture - hilarious!
White bedding is the best with mungy kiddos.....bleach, baby, bleach!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

I hate to say it but I think your husband was right. The stain looks really good. I like the darkness and it does go well with all the white. Your dad has major talent and luckily it rubbed off on you.

Lori @ In Pursuit of It All said...

Wowza, babe! That's gorgeous!

But the big question is.... Did you nail the landing?

Arianne said...

I LOVE YOUR BED!!! one of these days I just might need to come see your whole house! you are amazing miss Mandi!!

Leslie@leserleeslovesandhobbies said...

Mandi, I need to learn how to write like you. Or maybe it's a thing that can't be learned. Either way, your blogs are always a breath of fresh air. Your honesty, the tone you use to write, it's awesome! Sure, we might not agree on style (white, who chooses white?!?!), but I still heart your blog. :)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

The dark stain with the white looks great. I think it compliments the rest of your room and bedding very nice, gives it some depth.

And I totally get high off of stain fumes as well. I got massive headaches when I did our bed. But WORTH IT in the end!

Ann Marie said...

YAY!!!! We win!! It looks so good with all the white.

Tell your husband I'm ready to collect my payment... ;)

Dede said...

I will never, EVER get sick of your blog...:-)

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

That bed rocks!!!!! It says "I am the Master of all beautiful beds. WORSHIP ME!!!!" Way to go! Your room is a rockstar room!