Monday, May 30, 2011

Mrs. White, In The Master Bedroom, With The Nail Gun.

I've been getting back to my roots this weekend.

No, not my aforementioned one inch roots (those have been fixed thankyouverymuch)--

but getting back to my usual operations, namely: molding. Oohhh yes, it's about time I had a molding project around here. Gotta keep things real. Gotta keep sharp, here. Keep alive.


Yes, I'm talking "Project Untrashify The Master Bedroom", Step 3 ("It's just you and me!"-- please say you are singing that song with me?).

I'm not showing you a before picture of this disaster/catastrophe. And you can't make me!!

No. I won't do it. Fuggedaboutit.

Fine. Jerks.


Don't say it! I know! Two computers, smooshed into the corner of a room? One on a fold up table?

It's just one of those things I never got to.

Perhaps you noticed the "His" sign. We need our own computers, the hubs and I. Just trust me on this one. It could get mighty ugly around here if we were to share. Going to bed with a wielded fork in hand-- that sort of thing. I did have a "Hers" sign until the TV took all the room. Just for the record. And the TV's ALLL mine! MINE!

And the TV's staying, dang it!

Anywho, the beautiful thing about finishing up a basement, is there is pa-lenty of new space for "his" and "hers" computers. And a much better desk for both, believe you me.

Moved 'em out this week:

Ta Da. Er, yeah it's still totally hist. I know. My playstation's on the floor, cords everywhere. . . just ignore that for now, umkay?

Wa-Bam!

Me and Mr. Nail Gun reunite after a short interlude.

You know what I love about this molding? It's under $10. (Until I put the chair rail on top, that is.) Bought myself a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 inch plywood that I ripped with Jaws to 3 inch strips.

I also love that it took me 30 minutes to put up.

You know what I hate about this molding?

It took me quadruple the time to paint it. Does someone wanna be my painter? 'Cause I am soo sick of painting. We could do tradesies? I make a really good cheeseball?

And here we are:

This faux wainscoting is now wrapping my entire boudoir. I can't bring myself to bring down that vinyl message. . . yet.

Next up: cord organization, some wall-mount shelving, and,

finally, the moment I've been waiting for, the piece de resistance:

My inspiration for my vanity table nook. Minus the dog. He's cute 'n all, but, allergies 'n stuff.

13 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Girl you are rockin & rollin! You're on fuego! I LOVE it! It's beautiful now, but it's going to be GORGEOUS once your vanity table nook is in!

Ashley S. said...

looks great! oh, and you can totes keep the dog... shih tzu's are one of the hypoallergenic breeds :P

calikas said...

Love what you are doing to it!

My husband and I also have our own desktops, and they sit on our kitchen table due to lack of room in the small bedroom with a king size bed.

Someday when we own our own house, I will do all these fun projects. :D

gina3 said...

You know it's going to be a good post when I'm cracking up just reading the title. You've got that moulding/wainscoting down to a science. I love the saying above. The little area you have planned is exciting. What will the his side look like?

Emily said...

I love that wainscoting! I think it looks awesome! I can't wait to see your vanity, I am already jealous!

I was singing along with you!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

You are the moulding queen. I love all of your projects. My eyes always light up when I see you have a new post. If you need to borrow Izzy for you vanity photo shoot let me know. :)

Connie @ Measured by the Heart said...

I will so paint anything you want if you will build for me!!

slommler said...

The moulding looks fabulous!! You rock girl!
And that vanity nook is a great inspiration!
I am looking forward to more photos!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Lisa said...

I love the B&B - it adds so much character to the room! Can't wait to see this vanity! I'm intrigued.

LE FITNESS- Pilates and Personal Training said...

I stumbled onto your blog a month or so ago and fell in love. Your writing style is fantastic, and you make me antsy to get my own DIY projects going! I'm totally coping the built-in you made AND the wainscoting.

annie valentine said...

And here I am about to become a renter in a foreign land far from the magic of Home Depot. Why must you be so inspiring all the time?

Teri said...

I will trade. How about your molding skills for my painting skills? Wait a minute...that's not a fair trade...I'd definitely be getting the better end of that stick. But man, would I love that wainscoting!

WhettenWild said...

Does your room feel huge now with the computers downstairs? LOL.

Love you room. Can't wait to see it in person. You are awesome.