Monday, March 7, 2011

Warning, this is a disturbing post.

Don't eat anywhere around the time you read this. Really.

I'd like you to know the major, massive, new development going on in the Tremayne household.

The dungeon shall be finished.


FINISH OUR BASEMENT?
DO I DARE LIVE OUT THE AMERICAN DREAM??

What you see up there, is the last wall being framed in, as we speak. Well, sort of. Give or take a day or two.

And the hubs said to me, while he's been spending all that time down there fixing leaks, sealing concrete, and various whatnots:

"Man, we have got to do something about the bathroom down here. It's bad."

(prior to move-in picture)


WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT, JEFF??

REE REE REE REE! (That's the "Psycho" shower/knife sound byte)

Don't you judge me!

I don't clean the dungeon bathroom for you, or anybody! The door hath been shut up for like 8 months!

Out of sight, out of mind, okay? I don't ever go down there, man! Never even stepped foot in this bathroom until recently!

You're judging me.

Well, Jeffro, I've got big plans for that bathroom. And yes, they do include elbow-length gloves, a 2 foot toilet brush, and full strength bleach.

Possibly a face mask and hair coverings.

But also, they include, but are not limited to,

Ginormous baseboard. Because I truly believe gigantic baseboard can completely change a room. And the world.

V-groove paneling and large-ish chair rail,


This shower curtain:


More of these hooks:

And the beautiful, Ikea beach prints I picked up that I can't seem to find anywhere.

And in this totally odd, waste of space corner debacle I've got going on here,

I see a beautiful, trimmed out, open bathroom cabinet with shelving.

So wish me luck! Who's got a hazmat suit?! Heading over to Lowe's! And I'm not leaving until I can't fit anymore lumber in my mommy van!

23 comments:

Felicity said...

I'm definitely not judging. I've seen worse. I hope all goes well! It surely will be beautiful when it's finished! :)

Felicity, at {Simple Elegance}

Kristi@living-blessed-life said...

Bwhahahahaha, ahhh I love your honesty!!!! We had a garage bathroom that my dad and brother used and UGH should have been condemned. But I'm just extra freaky about bathrooms now after having boys and constantly warning before using a public restroom...DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished project. I always feel like I could rebuild my house after reading your blog, I think it's my source of super power!!!

Dara said...

I would say sorry, but even living there I never went down there. Not to mention after the renters were kicked out, who were effing PIGS, pardon my French, I refused to go down there! In fact, I forgot about rooms that were down there until you posted about them....see, NEVER down there! I am sure you were make it awesome and amazing and the thought of the gross bathroom and basement will be a distant memory!!!

Anny said...

I can't wait to see the finished project, you picked out some beautiful stuff! That werd nook is going to make an awesome shelf.

Jessie said...

I am with you on the baseboard. The height of a baseboard is directly proportional to a homeowner's happiness.

Heather@The Black's Best said...

Yeah, that's a mess I'm glad you're tackling...hehehe! Glad to know we all have our disaster areas though. I'm excited to see how your changes will turn out!

Jen said...

It will be AWESOME, I just know it!!! Can't wait to see it all done.

Where are you getting your cute hooks? I need some. I have some I got from Tai Pan forever ago, but they no longer carry them, nor anything similar. :( Yours aren't an exact match, but they're really close, so I need to go snag some.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

The spiders were way worse than the toilet. Ha.
Can't wait to see what is up your sleeve.
Brooke

Emily said...

Yeah that liitle nook is kinda weird but I have full confidence that you will make it ROCK!
I can't wait to see the finished project!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought to myself, "Must Read!!" That's how twisted I am.

That's seriously what our basement bathroom looks like (in the dirty sense, not layout sense), and I REFUSE to go and clean it. Everytime my husband tries to use the toilet, it floods down there, even just going number onesies.

Shirley said...

Oh, man I'm so excited! You do the best projects anywhere! Really! And you have awesome comments that make me pee. Um didn't mean to say that! I was wondering if you own stock in Lowes....just sayin'. ;)

gina3 said...

I certainly won't judge. I don't ever go upstairs to the man cave bathroom to clean so I'll bet you it's worse than yours. Crack me up though, we call my hubs (Jeff) Jeffro too! (also Jefferson and Chef Jeff). Your basement is going to win awards!

Teri said...

No judgment, man! That's just how they get when you don't use 'em...or sometimes if you do use 'em. Ahem.

Teri said...

Oh - and I can't wait to see the progress! :)

Lisa said...

Girl do you ever just rest? Be still? Lie on the couch and read magazines? You amaze me with your ambitions....I'm still trying to get over your magnificent pantry! We had a full bath like that in our last basement and whenever a guest would go to use it I'd scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo! Because that thing got cleaned about once a year. Total mortification!
Can't wait to see what you do with that little nook!! You are my idol with the power tools!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Looks like you and Mr. Clean got a date night coming up for sure! Have fun!!! :)

Mrs BC said...

You are so funny! The Psycho shower music 'REE REE REE REE' ?? I thought you where calling the Pioneer Woman over for assistance!!
I think you will do a fantastic job in here, can't wait to see the after photos.
x

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

I am saddened.

For I have no basement, finished or otherwise.

I have crawl space.

And it is maaaaaanky.

regardingannie said...

Seriously, have you been to my MIL's extra bathroom? Because it looks EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE YOU DESCRIBED, shower curtain and moldings and everything. Man that's crazy.

Dede said...

You know, I kinda want to judge you. I really do.

Unfortunately, my daughter said to me two days ago, "Mom, I think I'll be less stressed at school if I can be surprised and come home to a clean house."

I cannot judge you.

Libby said...

Definately no judging here...I had to close a bathroom/laundryroom toilet in one house because I didn't want to clean it. Then the sink was closed when a sweet son poured his leftover paper mache goop down it. (ps...it dries like cement).

I look forward to the transformation! (At least the boys hadn't been secretly using it before now)

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...

No judgement here. I almost thought you had taken pictures of MY spare bathroom and posted them on your blog ;0).
I can't wait to see it all finished!

Dave'sWife@{thediaryofdaveswife} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.