Thursday, March 10, 2011

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

I believe I've jinxed myself.

As I's thinking on the Daddy-o's 5 worst injuries this morning, I thought to myself,

"self, you've been so lucky to not have any big-ish injuries. I guess it's just a matter of time, though, huh?"

No, I did not knock on wood, as evidenced here:

-While hard at work in the world's most disgusting bathroom that ever was, I was thinking,

"Man this is coming along well. I am going to looooove this bathroom. This is so fun!"

Shut up, self.

And simultaneously, I decided this towel rack needed to come off the wall:

because,

1. I was working in that area,
and
2. It is being replaced by hooks

Well, to make a long story short (TOO LATE), I shook and shook and pried and pulled that towel rack to release it from it's death grip, and I couldn't get it off.

It's off the wall now.

I took it off with my head.

'Mmm hmm. I stood up after putting down my beautiful baseboard, and slammed my head right into that towel rack, that sonofa. . .

"Don't cry don't cry don't cry. . . " I says.

And you know, I didn't cry. Even though it hurt like a mother trucker. And I was so proud.

And then, and then. . .

I dropped some things on my knee cap and my forearm. Some things very large. Some things very heavy.

Oh, and it hurt like #$&* #&$*@)* #$&*!(#*@.


And then I let it all out. I'm sure you don't see men having a good cry every time they have a building injury.

Jace came down. "Mom, you have a black spot by your eye."

Oh, haha-- I must have smeared a tad bit of mascara.

Or, you know, bathed my face in it.

I'm done for the day.

I don't want to talk about it.

26 comments:

Meghan said...

You poor thing!

gina3 said...

Risking a head injury, knee replacement and broken arm for a bath reno...you're a tough cookie. The "black stuff" under your eyes looks more like the stuff football players use for a game. You're tough and ready for battle. You go girl!

Suesan said...

I feel your pain, Girl. My husband gets really nervous every time I tackle a big project because of my klutzy ways.

I hope you're feeling better soon.

Lori said...

Poor baby! Did you remove the little screws that are underneath the towel rack holding it to the supports in the wall? Once you unscrew those it comes right off. Just thinking.

Trina said...

I was cringing and grimacing the whole time I read this. I'm so sorry! Also, I love so much that you took that picture. You're my hero.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Oh gosh. You really did get hurt. I guess you found out you aren't really all that hard headed are you? I hope your eyes recover soon. Be careful.

Teri said...

Ack!!! You are a super trooper, lady. I freaking hate when I stand up into something (ever do that with an open cupboard door? Oh...right...I'm the only one lazy enough to leave the doors open...). LOVE that you posted a pic! At first I thought those were black eyes! Glad they're not!

Audra said...

Ack! What a mishap! I have those days too and then I blame it on the thing that hurt me and not the fact that I am clumsy or a total, undeniable klutz.

Loving the raccoon eyes!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

It's that evil bathroom getting back at you for cleaning it. Girl give it a rest before you really injure yourself!

WhettenWild said...

OUCH! Sorry!

Lyndaadlington said...

Couldn't help but put a comment after reading that. That was not a good day..... to say the least.. Poor you

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

OUCH! I'm really sorry for your head! And your knee cap. And your arm.

It was probably a good thing you took the rest of the day off. Things were going downhill, fast!

Shirley said...

Oh, I have so been there with trying not to cry! And, unfortunately, the older you get, the more it HURTS! So your choices are, stay at this young, pretty age, or learn new cuss words. :)
Have an awesome weekend!

Megan @ {VintageHydrangeas} said...

Yack! One of *those* days. Hate those! Hope you have an awesome weekend to make up for it!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

That's why men in construction don't wear mascara.

So you can't tell when something like this happens.

Dede said...

You poor thing!!! Hopefully you didn't plan on giving up swearing for Lent. (I did and have already failed). Hope the bruises and injuries heal quickly!

chris w said...

OUUUUUUCH!! The other option instead of crying is to punch a hole in the wall out of frustration/anger or punch a hole in the wall and then cry (or maybe that's just me). I say cry away. You are so awesome for posting the after crying pic. You rock.

Emily said...

ohh man, I'm sorry. I hope you feel better soon!

Renee said...

Ouch!! Hope you don't have a headache!


...sort of off topic, where did you get your cute camera strap?

Heather@The Black's Best said...

I so get days like this. I hope you don't mind me having a good laugh at your expense.

Candice said...

Ouch! That is no fun. The other day I was cutting some molding, or rather trying to cut some molding with my stinkin' miter box. It wasn't working out. I couldn't stop crying. Not cuz I was hurt, but because I was soooo fired up mad and frustrated.

ps You should wear waterproof mascara next time! :)

Anny said...

Aww Mandi :(

dena4kids said...

That is why I always say never get dressed or put on makeup to fix up the house or clean. You just stay in your magic PJ's and nothing bad will happen. There is a down side, friends and neighbors will ALWAYS show up to visit.=)
I hope the rest of the project goes smoother!

Pamma said...

Oh my goodness, are you alright? You look alright, 'cept for that shiner. Now don't go getting hurting serious, okay? You're my new superhero DIY woman!
Man, bet that hurt.
~Pam
pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

Pressed Petals said...

man oh man. hope you're feeling better.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Mmm girl, nothing wrong with a good building cry. I do that when I cut my wood the wrong size. Glad you didn't hurt yourself too bad though. And whoever said "Pain is weakness leaving the body" needs to get a roundhouse kick to the face.