Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Werked.

The Daddy-o made himself one rockin' awesome work bench a couple weeks back.

"Wanna make one?" He said.

Um, heckyesIdo, I said. IF I feel like making anything ever again.
(this was during my pantry project, see.)

So he sent me the directions to make my own.
"You'll really need to study these directions," he said. "This is a hard project."

(this page is the easiest part of the project)

Pfffft. Study them?

I was thinking more like meditate, pore over, have a candlelight vigil, possibly even a family fast over those directions.

So. . . I'll bet you can imagine my excited girly clap/squeal/happy dance when the Daddy-o pulled up, with my very own workbench that he put together FOR ME.

That Daddy-o is a keeper, ain't he?

All he left for me to do was the drawers-- everything else was finis.

I'm telling you, I've been like Augustus Gloop in the Chocolate Factory with this thing.

Seriously-- full out "Mandi, sweetheart! Save some for later!" You know, and like shoveling the chocolate into my mouth.

Except it was tools. And you know, into drawers.

Because holy crap, man!

I had no idea we had that many pliers and wrenches. All the screwdrivers, in one place? Has the world gone mad??

On a sidenote, I would like to take this opportunity to mention how funny I thought it was that the Daddy-o had a gallon of wood glue when I was little.

And now, it's like "Excuse me? Does it come in a bigger size? Maybe a keg? Or a drum, perhaps? No? Well, thanks anyway."

So, this bad boy is on castors; I can roll it around anywhere throughout the gay-rage. Set it up next to Jaws-- use it as an extra table to push the wood onto. How cool is that?

And looky what we have here:

a spot just for Mr. Nailgun.

And I took the liberty of adding a hook just for my ear protection.

Gotta have those.

Did I mention that I reaally like this workbench?

And my Daddy-o? Not in that order of importance?

And have I started on something new, to neccessitate the use of said workbench?

Is the Colonel part of the Pentaverate??

27 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

Love Love Love! Can I have your bench? Or your Daddy-o? Pick one, mmmkay? Thanks! :)

Libby said...

Are you staining, painting it or letting your work naturalize it? Now I'm really in awe of you...in addition to having not only a nailgun but also the compressor to run it, you have a place to put said nailgun! Lucky lady to have your "Daddy-O"

Congrats on the new addition to the family!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

AWESOME workbench! Great job. Totally inspiring, makes me say 'I can do that'!!!

Lori said...

The joys of organization! How cool to show up with most of it done!

jlk said...

I saw you on Today's Creative Blog. You are hilarious!

gina3 said...

What are you going to name his new addition to the family? I think you and Daddy-O are going to have to build a full on workshop little building for your backyard. You're going to outgrow the garage.

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

I know you will get a ton of use out of that bench. It looks great and your dad rocks as usual. Is everyone better at your house?

Holly said...

Do you pimp your dad out for projects cuz I'd love to have him here for a couple of weeks?

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Your Dad loves you! What a guy!

Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun said...

saw you on tip junkie! congrats! did you know the csi themed challenge is molding...just saying...cause you only have a FEW things that you could submit!!!!

Leserlee said...

Ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I spy Ana White plans. I can't wait! Is it the Pottery Barn bunk bed plan? Because I really want to build those bunk beds, but don't have time, money, or space lying around to build them. Plus, I only need one bed, not two, since DD has my day bed from when I was a little girl. But still, I'm excited to see your finished project!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

That is an amazing workbench. You have a seriously great dad. Just think of the things you can make off that thing.
Brooke

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Once again, you made me giggle! I have featured you today on Today's Creative Blog. Email me for your very own featured button!
krjdemmon@gmail.com

LittleBird said...

Think I may have a girl crush! I love your blog and your DIY projects. To date, the cute shoe rack with molding is awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing creativity!

ACW said...

I don't think I can read your blog anymore due to all this bragging about your awesome Dad! Man you are one lucky girl! If he is in the business of adopting fatherless daughters... I don't eat much and only need to go out once a day...

Lisa said...

I can't take this jealousy. And ps, what has happened to me that I am hideously jealous, green with envy, over your brand spanking new awesome workbench???? But lets face it, that thing is a rockstar. No, you're DAD is a rockstar. Now what's going to be the first project you make with that baby??

Audra said...

Ok...I need me a Daddy-O just like yours. I hate that I am so stinkin' envious of you and your amazing Daddy-O cuz, I never ever get my butt up and make the fabulous crapt you do. I must get me a Daddy-O. Too bad Fly Guy isn't handy like that...but if you ever need a killer fly tied, then he's your man.

Too bad I don't fish....*sigh*

I really got to get a bench like this...I am seriously sure this would get me out of my design and creative slump... maybe?

Emily said...

Your dad ROCKS! That is one awesome work bench!!

Teri said...

This post is everything I love about you: fantastical projects and obscure Wayne's World references. Did you ever know that you're my heeeee-roooooooooo?

Leserlee said...

Mandi-Here's the link to the Ana White bunk beds. It's essentially two simple beds, but on one you use both headboards, and the other bed uses both footboards. Bunk bed plans

Alaina said...

I love your blog, probably bc it reminds me of my life! We are playing a game and I have awarded 15 of my favorite blogs, a "Versitile Blog" award! Come by to play! :)

http://lanis-hammertime.blogspot.com/

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Dads are seriously the best. Mine drove up an hour just to help me install a light.

The best part of that work bench IMO is those wheels. How freaking handy is that!!! You can move it ANYWHERE!!!

C said...

Um, so I just gave you a shout out. Just so you know!

http://ckorea2323.blogspot.com/2011/02/respect.html

WhettenWild said...

Now I have a better picture in my mind of you getting dragged down the driveway with that baby. LOL!

That thing rocks! You are so sweet Dad!

Kristi said...

OK, I REALLY need to stop getting Charles to do all of the legwork on my stuff. I've been thinking about it lately and I wonder why in the world I haven't taken the time to learn to do this stuff on my on.

Awesome job, Mandi!

Anny said...

You seriously have the coolest dad :)

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

LUCKY!!! Gorgeous, I would so love your dad to make me one too!!!! Of course at this point I'd love a garage... (the joys of living in a basement apartment do not include a lot of work space!)