Monday, February 14, 2011

It's a party in the USA.

My fabulous friend, Tracy, is having. . .
dun dun dun. . .

A Bokeh Party today. And since we are like this, (we are, right Tracy? RIGHT?) I knew I just had to participate.

And while looking through my craptastic and vast array of snaps, I happened upon a few that I like.

Like this little diddy of the daughter's rubber band wrists.

And her squishy little hands.

And speaking of chunkiness, that brings me to Pillsbury Dough Boy here,

circa Christmas time. (Hee hee! Sorry. I had to push in the belly button. Also, I think he has whipped cream on that belly. Pretty sure.)


Gosh, while I'm thinking of food, I'm gonna go ahead and add my picture of mine and the hub's latest obsession, that being

Indian food. A close up of my samosa. 'Mmmm . . . samosa. . . Who takes their camera to a restaurant to take a picture of their meal??

Okay okay. Shut up. I don't get out much.

Note: Let this dish stand for an hour, then turn it over. It will not move.


Not really.

Anywho,
my son. My newly-minted wittle 6 year old.

I had to have a shot of his freakin' lashes. Why does a boy need lashes like that? C'mon!

And finally, I leave you with one last shot.

The daughter's hair clip, which was promptly yanked out by her, 10 seconds later. Again. I do what I can.

Looking for excuses to practice with that camera of yours? Nows yer chance. Put that baby on Aperture Mode and go at it, folks. Bokeh party's on until Wednesday.

Psssst! Not too late to vote for the CWTS Champ, HERE.

16 comments:

Jen said...

Was that curry at India Fusion???!?!?!! That is one of our FAVORITE places to eat!!! Oh, and I (pretend like that is in bold and underlined)am ALWAYS taking pictures of my food - even at a restaurant. My hubby and kids give me a rash of CRAP all the time!!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Love the bokeh in that belly shot. The belly's pretty darn cute too. And yes, boys always have the longest thickest lashes. All 3 of mine did. No fair!

Lori said...

Love those lashes and wristbands!

slommler said...

Oh I love Indian food!! Yummers!! And I admit it...I take my camera with me everywhere!! Cept last weekend...I forgot! Duh!! And the kids are adorable!! Love the hair clip!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures/Treasured Moments said...

Yep we are like that! Thanks so much for joining! You know my favorite posts out of blogland are Mandi's kids shots and you linked them to my party. :) My son also has great lashes. Maybe God knows they aren't suppose to wear mascara so he gives them the good lashes.

Home for 6 said...

You have amazing photos and skills. If I can learn half of what you and Traci know I'll be happy.
Thanks for sharing those cutie patooties with us.
tammy

Pressed Petals said...

the one of your daughter playing the piano...LOVE it! she looks like she knows how to play. voted and love what you made! golly, you amaze me!

Emily said...

Those are some cute pictures!

sugar Creek said...

Oh my goodness, love these pics! That little belly is so cute and I love little baby hands!

Joanna said...

Thanks a lot. Now I'm going to be singing that all day. Anyway, we like Indian food too. My hubby makes some mean curry dishes and we've been experimenting with some other non-curry based dishes too.

Janelle said...

I forgot it was J's birthday! wish him a happy birthday from me. Also I LOVE the belly. He is my favorite sunbeam. His little giggle made my day on sunday. You are so talented, in so many ways, but I am referring to pictures this time. I am so lucky to have your shots of my kids on my wall. I look at them every day and think that I am lucky to have you as a friend.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Yummy shots...no ... yummy food and gorgeous shots!!! Made me hungry!!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Great shots and gorgeous children!

Audra said...

Girl! I love me some Indian food. Still trying to get Fly Guy into it, at least he keeps going with me. Next stop...Korean!

Love the picture of the food. I want some right now.

Why is it our little girls never want to keep the barrettes, clips, headbands in? My daughter would yank handfuls of hair out to remove said offending object, making her look like a chemo patient. 20 years later she wears all kinds of pretties in her hair, cute hats and lets not talk about the sunglasses. Never leaves ANYWHERE without them.

So...there is hope.

Hugs~

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

I love love LOVE indian food! I have a few great suggestions, where do you guys like to go?

Teri said...

Fantastic shots! And I totally love bokeh, even if I didn't know what bokeh was until you mentioned it last time and I googled it, and if I don't have a camera that will do it easily. Ya. Even if. PS: Your kids are freaking adorable. Seriously. Like so cute it's sick.