Monday, November 8, 2010

Know what this is like?

It's like buying your kid who's been in the orchestra for 1 year a Stradivarius to practice with.

Or tearing up the backyard and putting in an olympic-size pool 'cause your kid says they like to swim and they think they're fast.

Or or buying a super duper camera 'cause it's a craptastic hobby of yours.

Oh.

Wait.

That's what I did do.

So you get that I'm saying that it's excessive, right?

Exorbitant. Overkill. Unneccessary. Extravagant. Superfluous.


But I needed a new camera. And Joanna was selling hers for a great price.

And when she offered it to me, I just couldn't get it out of my head. I believe my response to her went something like this:

So. . ..

I think. . .

I want it.

YES.

I think, I want it.

(I can't get it out of my head.)

Going to ask permission . . . NOW.


But don't expect better quality from me, umkay?

I've got two words for ya:

USER ERR-OR.


That's not to say that I won't have fun playing around.

'Cause I definitely will.

19 comments:

Joanna said...

YAY!

Layne Bushell said...

ooooooo! I love new toys! Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy! You lucky duck!

Janelle said...

Awesome!!!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Can't wait to see the new pics!
Good luck workin' it out.
Brooke

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Ok, I've had my camera for like six months. It's totally inappropriate of me to already be wanting upgrades.

So I'll just drool over yours.

So don't mind the puddles.

dena4kids said...

I can't wait to see the pics! I am glad you got a new camera.

Lori said...

Wow, lucky you! Have fun playing.

Holly said...

I'm feeling all jealousy right now. I want to be taking craptastic pictures with a camera I don't deserve! Good for you, have fun!

Mandi said...

testing

Emily said...

That is awesome! I am excited that you got a new camera. And I think you deserve it!

Mandi said...

Hooray for you!!! I can wait to see the awesomeness that comes out of this purchase!

Pressed Petals said...

how awesome is that?! one day i will move beyond out point and shoot. what are you doing with your old camrea?

Jess said...

Wow you got the mark II YEAH!!!! I will do a dance with you...and to answer you question yes I used the 85.

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

i am NOT talking to you anymore! (coz I am super duper JEALOUS). ok, I will tune it for photos...but I am still jealous!!! hugs, Cathy

Kristi said...

Good for you! You deserve it because of all of the motherly things you have to do. Like cleaning poo from the tub.

Ashlee @ I'm Topsy Turvy said...

SOOOO exciting! I'm still years away from mine. Congrats!

Teri said...

Hooray! Good for you! :) And "superfluous"? A woman after my own English-teacher-geeky heart. *swoon*

Anny said...

You take amazing pictures and totally deserve it; after all the pictures will be the most lasting mementoes of today :)

littlebeachbum said...

Oh my goodness, I am SO jealous! Congrats! Looking forward to seeing your "test subjects"! :)
p.s. sorry for the onslaught of comments - its the first time I've been able to get online for a while!