Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's like a death in the family.

My camera is heaving its last breaths. I would estimate that it's 1 in 15 times that the shutter will click.

This makes me sad. I shoulda given it a name. Is it too late to name him?

Well, "Biff" is on his way out of this world. I knew this day would come; he's an old guy. . .used, in fact. . . I promised myself I wouldn't cry . . . .

So in honor of Biff, I thought 'twould be fitting to share the contents of what might well be the last memory card to leave him.

I'm telling a story, if you will.

A story of my last moments with him.

The story of my two little chefs, who specifically request that the word "chef" be used in reference to them.


The story of my attempt to catch the early morning light that still streams through the leaves, while we still have them.

And how I just stare towards my front windows with my bowl of Rice Chex. Or Honey Bunches of Oats. Or Frosted Cheerios. I'm so sick of cereal.

Or the story of searching for my lil girl,

and how I keep finding her rocking away in the corner of her little room.


Or how she's my little drunken-sailor-stumbling walker, now.


And then there's yesterday's "just because" pictures.

And how no one else smiles with one eye wide open and the other half closed, except for, well, me.

And then there's how the boys are fighting con.stant.ly.

I feel like yelling out more punishments just looking at this picture.

And "You're grounded from each other; don't talk to each other, you can't play together, don't look at each other, don't touch each other" just does not work.
I thought I had all my bases covered.

But I have to have these things documented.

Dirty face, crazy brows, broken teeth, snotty nose, slobbery chin, and all.

Dang you camera don't leave me.

20 comments:

Layne Bushell said...

Such a sad sad story. It's like losing your bestest friend. I hope another good, trusty friend, will step in to take those beautiful photos that tell the story of your day.

Hoosier at Heart said...

Sniff, sniff. Please don't tell me that we may be without pics one day, I just couldn't take it

gina3 said...

I know it's tough, like losing the family pet. The best medicine is to get a new pet as soon as you can to help you heal and see the hope in the future. I say, go get a new one and let your kids start playing with the old one so they can learn to take photos with out damaging the new one. I'm sure at least one or two of them inherited your photography gene.

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

Great great pics with the 'ol "Biff". He will be remembered. :(

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

Sad. Like when I went from film to digital. End of an era. But, Christmas is coming & I am pretty sure you are on the nice list!! Start looking for Biff's replacement. (and i will post my Christmas card, after I send it out!! if you want to email me about your cards, my address is on my blog) hugs, Cathy

Pressed Petals said...

for an old "Biff" he still works wonders. love the photo of the boys fighting. my daughter said at about your boys' age, "Don't look out my window!" while we were driving. never heard that one before!

Libby said...

'tis a sad day, for Biff anyways. For you Mandi? A bright and wonderful day because you get to have a new camera!
Enjoy the search, just think, most of the new cameras take the high capacity cards so instead of only 2gig memory cards you can get 8gigs or more! (though I'd get a camera that would take the lens' you have already)

Trina said...

Poor, poor Biff! I'm sure you've already tried this out, but when my camera started doing that, it was the lens (my FAVORITE lens) that was the problem. Stupid kit lens works just fine.

Happy camera hunting!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!


Rending of garments over here!!


NOooooooooOOOOOOOOooooo!!!!

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

That is sad! You get used to one and know how to run it and dang, it dies. That is my luck.
Love the crazy brows. So funny. Love your pics, keep it up.
Brooke

Emily said...

That is so sad that your camera may be on it's last day! It still takes beautiful pictures anyway.

WhettenWild said...

Darn it....

Cute pictures though!

Joanna Taylor said...

Oh no! Let me know if you want to buy my 5D mark II. I'm selling it.:)

Lori said...

You think you can make it to Chrismtmas?

Leca Unplugged said...

May he rest in peace...

...and when you're over that-- you can go shopping!!! Go big sista! I've been eyeing up the D90. Still shots AND video!!!!

dena4kids said...

Dude I hate it for ya! Bye Biff!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

What replacement will you get? Maybe it will keep going for you. What is the lens you used for these photos. My new lens I bought isn't working out so well.

Teri said...

*moment of silence*

Anonymous said...

intitle fioricetfioricet aspirin

Commonwealth bank refers a mining of private banks selling discretionary, park and central investment, salt-marsh default, expense, invasion, rococo and reasoning millions.

Margret Ruch said...

thanks a bundle..
fast and easy to use....
New Crack Software | windows 10 pro product key