Friday, October 22, 2010

This was the invitation.


And had these invitations arrived in my mail instead of getting lost,

they would have been stuffed in these envelopes to be sent out.

I would like you to know that if I were to send one to myself, I believe I might have chosen "Mandi 'She's a Maniac' Tremayne" for moi.

But as they were lost in the mail, both became an e-vite. Arrrrr. No, I'm not a pirate; I'm still annoyed that they never came.


I would also like to mention, that this picture does not do this arrival for the party justice.

Because his swagger, plus the constant horn honking was hysterical.

Guess ya had to be there.

And this,

would be my favoritestest person and moi. Or, my dad and me. Or, excuse me, John Locke and Sawyer. And now I know that only about 10% of the people who've seen my costume have any idea what it is. And I don't bother to explain it, really.

And here we have Pebbles & BamBam, a.k.a. my daughter and my nephew.

I mean, does it get any better than 2 babies, the same age, one with red hair and one with blonde? I mean, really?

My sister in law made those adorable costumes; she just "winged it", she says.

Well, crap. Wish I could "wing" a sewing project like that and have them turn out completely adorable.

Throw in a full family of superheroes,



balloon animals,

awesome food including this amazing
AMAY-ZING monster cake. . .


I mean. . . awesomeness every way you turn this cake. .
Do you see the words on this bad boy? I would like to tell you that written on the side, amongst the other halloween words, was
"Aim for the flat top!"



Soooo awesome.

Anywho, some picture takin',

some awesome peeps,

and we are done. Party on, Wayne.

20 comments:

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

what an awesome AWESOME party! Sorry your invites never made it, they were spooktacular! We're having a halloween playdate next friday, and I've been busy busy getting all buggy over here! can't wait to show you!

Mandi said...

I can not even believe you. Seriously do you realize how amazing you are? So I have an award that I gave myself on my blog today that I thought you might just enjoy. so I would like to pass it on to you. Not cause you suck but because you are sucktastic!

love your guts
mandi

Kristi said...

Awesome party, girl!! Locke was my favorite LOST character. Great idea for your dad to be him.

gina3 said...

Wow, you guys are overachievers! That's an amazing party. Pebbles and BamBam are too cute for words. I have to say that in the picture of the horn-honker'a arrival, the guy's face in the background is priceless. Surely you could crop that face and come up with a perfect saying for that. Love it!

Jennifer @ Muse Lodge said...

Oh my gosh...you're dad is so John Locke..love it! Love, love, love Pebbles and Bam Bam! This party was awesome all the way around. Party on Garth. :)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

And you didn't take me with you???? Oh my how fun just to see the photos. Ok I am thinking I need to break down and get the lens you got! Can you tell me what it is again? Once again your post and photos made my day. Hurry and do another one! :)

Emily said...

It looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I love Pepples and BamBam! They are so cute!!

WhettenWild said...

Kenna and Branson look adorable. Good job Rach!

Looks like a fun party as usual. Well, except it couldn't be THAT fun without ME there. But you did your best. ha ha. just kidding.

Layne Bushell said...

I think it would be sooo fun to be a member of YOUR family! Loved the Simpsons...turned out great! The costumes were great too! And I still don't know your costume...sorry...I just don't get out much!

Mallory said...

I might have said this already, but your costume is awesome! Love it!

Teri said...

Party on, Garth! That looks like THEE BEST Halloween party I've ever seen! The photos are hilarious - and your dad is a dead-ringer for Locke. Plus, Lafleur? A woman after my own heart. If I ever meet Sawyer in real life, I'm going to make him call me "Freckles". When he jumped out of that helicopter? Be still my beating heart! Your Simpson's face cuts turned out awesome! I'm dressing up for school this Friday as one of the teachers at school who could have retired almost 10 years ago - a bunch of us are going to, and it
s a good thing he's a good sport. I've got my sweater vest, tie, white hairspray at the ready!

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

How absolutely excellent!!

And, by the way, what is the past tense of "wing it?"

Winged it?

Wanged it?

Wung it?

All options are unsatisfactory.

Anny said...

Oh man I was jumping down to say how awesome your costume with Dad was (I knew he was Locke before looking over at your uniform) but then I saw the kids and they definitely stole the show. Pebbles and Bam Bam are soooooooooooo cute!

Jen said...

Pebbles and Bam Bam are DA BOMB!!! So cute, I can't stand it!!

Cathy M~(checkitoff) said...

I love the photo of you & your Dad!! Pebbles & Bam Bam are so seriously cute! I think you should enter them in Halloween contests!! I am a stationery girl so I think you totally rocked the invite (who cares if it was emailed? still very, very cool!) Glad you are enjoying Halloween!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

Oh man. I can't decide which post to give you my Martha Stewart on Steroids award for, this or the island one, because they are both off the chain.

It's a toss up.

Thinking....

Thinking....

Thinking...

Double post award!

I'll email you the html later for the button and do a little bliggity bloggiting about how amazing you are. Seriously, I didn't get ANYTHING done this weekend except tile half of half a wall (I'm pathetic, I know), and you through like the best party ever and redid your island (perhaps not in the order) WITH four kids.

Amazing.

dena4kids said...

I love the party! That is a seriously AWESOME cake! Looks like y'all had a great time!

Rebecca D said...

Ok... that's it... You must move here right away so we can be actual friends and you can invite me to all your amazing parties... I mean, I just moved so really it is your turn...

calikas said...

So I have to tell you, I found your blog through another blog that I follow, and I only follow blogs that I find are very creative and inspiring. As I was looking through your post I was very amazed by your kitchen island, and other various things...and then I came across the picture of you (sawyer) and John Locke. I knew I had to follow your blog right then. That seriously just made my week. Thanks for the inspiring posts, I can't wait to read more!

Leca Unplugged said...

I love the Dharma costume. I knew exactly who you were. That party looked awesome. I love all the effort you put into it. You made it from regular to amazing!