Saturday, October 16, 2010

It's all they're good for.

These:

They're only good for one thing, and it ain't for eating. Do you like these? Peanut butter kisses?

I thought everyone universally hated them. When you got them trick or treating, you groaned in your head (because groaning out loud is bad manners, of course). Only cheap bastages gave out those nasty peanut butter kisses. Right? Right?

Come to find out in my old age that actually lotsa people like them, including my husband and my mom. Well, heck, who knew?

Please tell me your thoughts on this candy. I want to know. Don't hate me if you love them; you can make fun of me for being the only soul on the planet who likes Good 'N Plenty and Black Crows.

But I digress.

When I saw Martha's adorable wreath last year:

I knew I had to make one. You know me and candy: candy makes everything better. It's part of my mentual situation. But where to get that fancy schmancy shiney candy? You can't. Well, I can't.

So I turned to nersty peanut butter kisses.

Wait a minute. . . wait one second. What's that on the wrapper? Now I get it.

"Mary Jane"? What what? Oh, I get why you like them now, hehehe.

Just playin'.

But I digress again.

So this was thee most craptastic, easy cheesy, 10 minute project.

One of those dollar store wreaths and duct tape. Seriously.

I wraped the duct tape around it. Sticky side out.

And began sticking candy down. And I will have you know that there are waaaay more orange ones than black ones.


And voila. What you probably can't tell is that I totally hosed it down with glitter.
Now, don't be mad at me if you like these things. Come visit me and I'll give you some. Heck, I'm sure every time I close my door there will be a new one on the ground in my doorway. Hope you don't mind glitter.

24 comments:

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

You smarty pants. Duct tap sticky side up. Who woulda thought. I like that candy enough to eat a piece, but I wouldn't buy a bag of it unless it was to make a cool wreath like you did.

Mandi said...

Dude. When I saw your post title in my blog roll I thought it was going to be about your boobs. Weird right? Anyways, I am not a huge fan or these "treats" but I too LOVE good'n'plenty. We are seriously one person living in 2 bodies, we must have been BFF's in the preexistence. Iguess that means we now have a special BFF code: PEBBFFL Can you guess what it means?

love your guts
mandi

Kim said...

& I am one of those that love these lil snacks. they are like crack to me LOL once I start, I can't stop until they are gone. but I looooove the wreath using them too!!

Trina said...

I groaned (in my head) when I saw the pictures of them. I'm no sugar snob, but those are way over the line. Yuck.

But now I want to go make a wreath!

holly said...

I love those stupid little candies! Of course I would rather get a Butterfinger or Snickers in my pillowcase when trick or treating but these things are delicious! I do know what you mean though, it's like Peeps at Easter. Now those things are nasty!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

cute wreath! very smart with the tape! I happen to like that candy, but only as the "down to the end of the stash" candy. And, I love me some good n plenty! :)

Kristi said...

I never ate those things when I was younger, but I like them now. :-)

Emily said...

I agree...YUCK! but they make one cute wreath.

gina3 said...

The wreath is great; the candy is awful. I don't eat it.

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

This post is HILARIOUS.

I wish I could tell you I hated them, but I can't because I was never allowed to Trick or Treat. I was only allowed to go to the fall harvest festivals at the church where they gave out scant amounts of candy... I am still stuffing my face to make up for it.

Anyway, dollar store wreath and duct tape? Love it. So freakin clever.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

You know the rules.

If it doesn't have chocolate, it's not candy, it's a cough drop.

That being said, that is an ADORABLE Cough Drop Halloween wreath.

Miranda said...

We like them pretty good around these parts. They make a lovely wreath, too! (I'm sorry you like Good 'n Plenty and Black Crows. YUCK!!) (BTW, my hubby says thank you for your willingness to take the blame for my children's potty mouth. Another btw, I thought my hubby was the only person who uses the term 'bastages'. Too funny!) As always, YOU ROCK!!!

Alissa said...

i am horrified. we love these. you waster.

Joanna said...

Yeah, not so fond of the peanut butter kisses (so much so that I didn't even know that is what they were called). But I do love Good and Plenty. Mmm. My favorite!

Doll Clothes Gal Pal said...

I am not big on those candies as well. I love the decoration pictures though. :)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Those things are nasty. I thought everyone thought so. They keep coming back so someone must like them. Love the wreath, and duct tape? Wouldn't have thought. Your way to creative girl!
Brooke

WhettenWild said...

Yeah those things are yucky. But the wreath turned out super cute! I like your Happy Haunting sign too. Like I said before.......make two of each and send one to me!

TracyMB said...

You crack me up. Luckily Peanut Butter Kisses aren't available in Canada. Could paint those nasty Whopper candies and make a wreath out of 'em... :)

dena4kids said...

Cute wreath! Hate the candy!

AM from White House, Black Shutters said...

I HATE those candies! I would have rather gotten a cough drop while trick or treating than one of those (yes, there was a house that gave out cough drops).

LOVE how that wreath turned out.. kinda makes me want to give them a second chance, if only for decorating purposes. Dare I say it? I like your skinny, not shiny version muuuch better than Martha's.

Leca Unplugged said...

THOSE. ARE. NASTY!!! I hated those too when I was a kid. I used to make a seperate pile with those so the grossness wouldn't ooze onto my other candy. YUCK!!! Yuck! Super YUCK! Although, they do make a nice wreath.

Pops and Bon-Bon said...

I went to the local dollar store to buy candy for hubby's stash at work and passed over the pb kisses in favor of Tootsie Rolls....btw, thanks for teaching me the word craptastic. I totally had the perfect use for it yesterday. No other word could have fit the situtation. (hint: in part it had to do with a 2 yr. old who pulled off her pull-ups at the MOST inappropriate time....)

Anny said...

Ick I don't like these either but I like your wreath :)

Teri said...

What a freaking awesome idea! And yes, I hate them too. To be honest, I had no idea they were supposed to be peanut butter. They were the ones that, when the rest of the candy was gone, I'd always take one trepidatious taste, eager to make the candy-consumption last...but no. I'm lucky that one bite isn't STILL stuck in my teeth. They look awesome on the door, though! :)