Saturday, October 9, 2010

Headless Horseman, Yo.

This,

was totally an accident. Not staged. Like, flippin' through my pictures, and I'm all
"dude, my husband has no head. AWESOME!"

Anywho, we are those

buy-your-pumpkins-at-the-grocery-store loooosers.

But not anymore. Ho, no.

See, the kids were begging to visit the pumpkin patch, and the surroundings looked like this.

And the sky looked like this.

(except it was better in real life).
And the homies were like this.

and this.

And the husband had no head.

Oh, I already mentioned that.
And the place had this sign,

and it like, actually spelled "expecially". Take a look.

And dudes,

check out that white trash kid with shorts and a jacket on. Hehehe.

Oh wait. Crap.



The minute I saw those red ones, I knew they had to be mine.

Mine. .. .my precious. . .

And so, we like, picked one for every person in the fam-dam.
So their can be six cute little pumpkins all in a row, one for everyone!

I know. I threw up a little in my mouth, too, and it's my own family.

Um, I'm just curious if anyone ever buys these warty ones. They're so cool.

And yet they're so gross. I feel like they need to be picked and squeezed.

Anywho, my kids were kind of T.O.'d when they found out we weren't gonna let them carve them this soon. No reason to have them rot before Halloween.

So we took to decorating them with vinyl.

Okay, yeah. . .

I can see why this would be disappointing. But hey, we get to double decorate these, right?

15 comments:

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Beautiful pics, as always. Love the one of your headless husband. That couldn't have been better. So funny. We are the grocery store looooosers.
Brooke

gina3 said...

I would have to get the red ones too. I pass on the ones with warts. I might have considered one of them, you know, taking pity on them and giving them a good home like an abused pup. Now, after the visual you've provided (picked and squeezed), I'll pass ;)

Teri said...

Freaking awesome, yo. I wish we had a pumpkin patch nearby! I say some Halloween art is in store for that wicked headless photo. What a happy accident!

Kimmy said...

What a lovely (REAL) pumpkin patch! I bet that one is the MOST sincere pumpkin patch, too... those shots are amazing! Lovely lovely - makes me happy! ~ kim

Jen said...

WHERE is this pumpkin patch??? It's definitely not the one on 90th and 2200 W. I LOVE it....and want to go!!!!

GREAT PICTURES!!

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

that is seriously awesome! a headless husband! I bet he's so quiet! those warty pumpkins...i feel the same way, i really want to buy one, but they gross me out!

Emily said...

Those are great pictures!

1 Funky Woman said...

I love that shot, how funny you just caught him without his head. We just went to the patch the other day and found some red ones like that. I got a couple but am keeping them in the garage so they don't freeze before the big night!

I love the spiderweb on the pumpkin. How great for you like you said to decorate them twice!

Me I do it the painful way and stencil everything. Did you see my "Eat Drink and be Scary sign? Go see it, it was my last post!

Meg

chris w said...

How appropriate is it that you are married to the headless horseman?! So cool.

Gorgeous pics - what an expecially fun place. Dude - you'd think you were in Lehi or something.

dena4kids said...

Love the headless Jeff! I like the pumpkins with the vinyl. I think they are cool!

Lori said...

What a great head shot! couldn't have posed it better, love your pumpkin. great vinyl idea.

Anny said...

What a great way to spend the day, it makes me want to go picking too :)

WhettenWild said...

Your Pumpkins turned out cute! I want some!!!

That warty one makes me want to take an ax to it. EW!!!!

That picture of Jeff is freaky!

Libby said...

Your pics are a'head' of others. Love the lighting. I'm a supermarket 'loser', sad but true.
As for the warty ones, I think they'd make great Jack O'Lanterns, kinda scary.

They also misspelt barrel, got give them cudos for creativity in language arts!

Shannon said...

awesome pics and I luv the headless one!