Thursday, September 16, 2010

Only me.

Only I would go to the Hob Lob, directly after dropping the homeboys off at school, clad in jammies, because I wanted to try out a can of spray paint.

Seriously. Spray paint. Jammies. 9:00 am.

But, I will have you know, I did wipe the mascara off from under my eyes. I have my pride.
Or not.

But I digress. This spray paint has intrigued me for a while now.

And there were two crapts I wanted to try this on. See, as I flipped through my Wisteria catalog,

and after I finished guffawing over the $89 price tage associated with this bevi bucket,

I got to thinking. And you know what happens when you think.
Or maybe you don't.

See I have this like, what? Like, $5 bucket?

Please say someone else is as anal as me, and sees a bucket that is red on the outside, blue on the inside, as something to be only used around the 4th of July/summer months.

Oh, that's just me.

Well, I thought a union of my $5 bucket and this hammered spray paint could be really something.

And it turned out just as cool as that $89 bucket from Wisteria.

Snort. Alright, alright. But I can now use it for any occasion. My brain can handle silver. Any ole time.

This crapt from last year never really, I don't know, blew my skirt up.

It just seemed lame-o. So I took the hammered silver spraypaint to them,

with a little black vinyl.

"DARE YOU IF ENTER." I don't get it.

I had to put the biggest word on the biggest pumpkin. So, ya know, read from the bottom to the top. That's not confusing, right? Hey now! My 5 year old got it, so there.

16 comments:

chris w said...

oooh - I love the dare you if enter pumpkins! I'm diggin that hammered silver. Way to sacrifice your pride so the rest of us can go get it. :)

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

Hey, I used that hammered spray paint in dark brown on my front door handle. I thought it was really cool. It has really held up well too.
Love your dare you it enter pumkins too. I am digging all the spray painted pumkins I have seen. I think I better go to the store, I will have to get dressed first, I don't look as good as you in my jammies.
Brooke

Heidi@TheCraftMonkey said...

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I could only use that bucket around 4th of July too! Sadly, my brain works that way! haha, lovin the hammered pumpkins!

Michelley! said...

haha. cute stuff. if too many ppl don't get it, you could change the "if" to a "to" and then it could say "dare you to enter". hmmm

dena4kids said...

LOL! I love "Dare if you enter!" Much more dire. Have you tried the crackle paint? I have some ideas, but I need you to come over and help me. You're on your way,
right?=)

Pressed Petals said...

LOVE the bucket! will have to try that! I am glad that I am not the only one with masscara under her eyes in the morning!

Pressed Petals said...

LOVE the bucket! will have to try that! I am glad that I am not the only one with masscara under her eyes in the morning!

Mandi said...

Seriously, cant you just wear a big pair of sunglasses like me? Then you dont have to wipe off the mascara. Or look anyone in the eye, OR OR OR be recognized. I do this all the time.
I would love to make you a lucifer pillow but I dont have anymore crappy fabric. Next time I find some on sale I will fo sho buy it and make you one.
So I am kinda special ed. Today was the day they were supposed to announce the top 5 for the Studio 5 contest. Well they didnt, they extended it through the weekend and so now I'm thinking that they didnt have enough entries and who wants to win something like that? Not this girl. Its like winning a fooseball game against someone who has no arms. Opinions?

love your guts
mandi

WhettenWild said...

I like the spray paint! That is cool!

Emily said...

Those pumkins are cool! I love that paint I may have to find something to use it on.

Layne Bushell said...

I always have mascara under my eyes...always!!! Awesome paint, awesome crapts! You're so cool!

Teri said...

Sweeeeeet! I have to try out that spray paint! BTW, totally have gone out in jammies. With a hole in the bum, no less.

1 Funky Woman said...

Ok girl can you just get your fannikin over here and help me get my craft on, lol! These are the bomb and I totally got the saying! Why can't we live closer?

Meg

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

haha, the pumpkins are hilarious...sometimes the mistakes are better than how you meant them to be right? Can't wait to get some pumpkins in the house:)

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

1) Bonus points if the pajamas had feet.

2) Who spends $89 for a bucket?!?!

3) Spray paint rocks.

4) Love your decorations.

Leca Unplugged said...

...blew my skirt up. Ha! I love it!