Thursday, August 19, 2010

The one where I pat myself on the back.

So I've been trying to be all productive this week--

take for instance, the entire evening I spent sorting, shredding, and filing every semi-important paper in the house.

-I emptied the shredder four times; I filled an entire garbage bag with the shreddings.
-I heard the sound of the shredder in my dreams that night.
-I found myself shredding utility bills from Provo to Timbuktu.



You feel a certain sense of urgency to ensure that everything is organized and in it's place when

1. You tear your house apart all day looking for your son's birth certificate so you can enroll him in kindergarten. And you still show up without it.

and,

2. Your husband asks where he can go to get some money out of the ATM, how many banks we have, and how much money in general their is in there. (Really? Really? I'm keeping this all to myself?)

I'd also like to toot my own horn and say,

that I have now re-found the floor in our closet.
(Could have done without the month old peach pit on the floor, kids.)

And what should have been a 3 hour tour ("a 3 hour tour")
project of framing in the music room windows:

turned into a 3 week project. My bad.

I did this the same way as my living room windows. Fluting and some choice molding. It should have been done long ago.

And finally, a new little project I'm starting on, like, now.

Now, I know what you're thinking, homeslice.

"Where can I get an awesomely weathered, totally dirty, 30 year old, slivers ev.er.y.where. doorknob-less french door chopped down the middle?"

Life just isn't fair.

But I'm thinking with a good scrub down, a date with Mr. Sander, some of this ticking stripe fabric,

a new door knob, some tweezers, a tub of tapioca pudding, and a giant bag of pork rind's, and this could be totally, awesomely,

craptacular.

Now where's the freakin' gorilla glue?

16 comments:

Creative Decor by Brooke said...

You are slowly wittling away at your windows. You should about have them all trimmed out. I sure do love them, and admire you doing it yourself.
Can't wait to see what you do with that 1/2 door.????
Brooke

Lori said...

Thanks for my morning grin! You do it every time. How your mind works?

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Oh how I need to file and organize...I am so behind. Thanks for reminding me of that. I appreciate it. Can you hear the sarcasm??? :) Your windows are looking great. I can't imagine what you are going to do with that door thing. If you want to spill the beans go ahead and tell me, if not I guess I will just have to wait huh?

Pressed Petals said...

i have to laugh with your shredding story and congratulate you on getting so much done! love that 1/2 door.

1 Funky Woman said...

I'm loving that you found a peach pit on your floor! I have found some dead things too that I'd like to forget about. I had dreams for a week! I was using my shredder the other day too, lets have a shredding party! It feels so good to get rid of it all and the sound tells you its gone!

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

I just gave you a blog award on my blog and wrote about you. : )

Emily said...

I really love your windows.

Krista @ Craving Some Creativity said...

You are SO productive its ridiculous;) I hope I have the energy to be as productive when I'm on mat leave! six months, let the countdown begin!

gina3 said...

Congratulations on your organization and finished projects. Can you come to my house and finished mine? You read my mind on the half of a french door and I'm intrigued by what you are going to do with it. I'm sure Gilligan would be too.

Rebecca D said...

I've been really productive myself this week... Way into organizing... Maybe it's the "back to school" thing... I want this stuff organized so we can get on a routine...

I can't wait to see what you do with the door.

Janelle said...

Awesome stuff! And you forgot to mention that you couldn't finish your window trim because I had your nail gun. Thanks, it is a cool tool!

WhettenWild said...

You SHOULD pat yourself on the back. Love the windows! They look great. I've got gorilla glue........I bet you'll never guess who bought it for me...DAD!

Spencer & Lorilyn Crum said...

I'm excited to see what you're going to do with your new project!

And I love your fabric, I actually bought almost the exact same kind several weeks ago, it just has more of a lime green stripe in it. I plan on (eventually) turning it into a slip cover for a tiny stool I have. Furniture stool, not poop stool.

Lori @ In Pursuit of Martha Points said...

Whoa...that's easily +10 martha points for the closet.

I'm not sure what to give for the windows, seeing as how I can't do anything like that and have no point of reference.

Is it easier or harder than cleaning an oven?

dena4kids said...

I so have to try to find my floor in my closet. I know it is there but I really haven't seen it in quite some time!=)

Ali @ Honey and Maple Syrup said...

I love that door! I bet it will look awesome when you are done!